when you are sick....

Options
I am annoyed. I have stayed home from school 3 days now...

I pushed myself into the gym Monday night and barely made it through so decided to stay home yesterday and today.
Was thinking maybe I could get out later for a small jog, but I just keep having waves of headaches and fatigue.

I feel more guilty about staying home from the gym than staying home from school!

Anyone have problems or comments on this?

Replies

• Uerzer
    Uerzer Posts: 273
    Options
    You are sick! Just rest! :bigsmile:
  • Rayman79
    Rayman79 Posts: 2,009 Member
    Options
    I had the same thing last week, had a cold that knocked me around a bit. I have tried to push throught it before, but you are better off giving your body a couple of days to focus on healing without too much exertion. If you want to exercise, I'd suggest going for a walk or something that isn't too strenuous. Focus on your eating more than your exercise during this time, it's easy to comfort eat when you're not feeling well (at least that's what I find). After a couple of days you'll be back as good as ever!

btw, I'm not a medical professional, so feel free to ignore my advice :)
  • lizgreenhill
    Options
    agreed. you just need to stay home and rest. trying to push yourself is not going to make you get better any quicker. When im sick i drink alot of oj and water. Vitamin C always makes me feel better. Hope you get better soon.
  • Hourglass25
    Hourglass25 Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    I have been sick for the past three days, I have been feeling guilty about not working out but rest is more important. I dont have any energy to do anything anyways, I will continue my workout schedule onces I am 100% again. Feel better!
  • allie864
    allie864 Posts: 298
    Options
    My vote is to just rest. I should have taken my own advice because I KNOW if you push it too soon, you won't be working out for even longer than had you just waited it out. I have horrible congestion (head & chest) right now & pushed myself to do a slower walk on the treadmill... yeah, need to listen to my own words :ohwell:
  • joyzoso
    joyzoso Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Thanks all, I know I would have some similar feeling on here!

I am pretty healthy for a 35 yr old, but this is knocking me around for sure. I am also going for my Masters in Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine so trying to heal myself here at home as well, but it is hard when we are all practicing on each other at school and nothing annoys me more than when people go to school sick and play martyr saying "i am ok" when they get everyone else sick!

Definitely been watching the calories and pumping myself with healthy foods and herbs/vitamins.

Sometimes you just get sick... and stress does not bode well for recovery.

It can be boring though!!!