Muscle Soreness and tightness - No excercise

So I haven't worked out my legs in over a week, but for the past 2 days I've had very tight and sore calves and thighs. Its more of a generalized burning sensation, it does NOT feel like an exercised soreness.

If I bend down and try to touch my toes, I can't reach nearly as far as I used to (like 4 inches shorter) and it BURNS and is extremely painful, but in a generalized sort of way. It's not specific to a region, and it is in both legs nearly equally. The skin is somewhat sore to the touch, but not red or inflamed or anything like that.

Anyone else ever had anything like this?

I'm a little stumped. I tried Googling it, but nothing feasible seems to come up.

Replies

• UponThisRock
    UponThisRock Posts: 4,519 Member
    Some kind of nerve injury maybe?
  • JamesonsMommy
    JamesonsMommy Posts: 771 Member
    May want to call your doc... I workout 6 days a week and i still get sore sometimes if i switch up the exercises... May want to try to stretch and soak in a warm tub to see if it helps :)
  • RedHeadChick
    RedHeadChick Posts: 39 Member
    I have only had that when I have been ill. Usually if your Lymph is not moving well you can get really soar. So I would suggest walking and getting your body moving a bit. That should warm up those muscles, so they can start squeezing what ever junk is stuck in them.

If that does not work or the pain increases. Stop and go see your doctor. Hope that it gets better.
  • UpEarly
    UpEarly Posts: 2,555 Member
    Have you considered a vitamin D issue? If you Google muscle soreness and vitamin D, you'll find lots of articles and research. Last winter, I had problems with constant muscle soreness, so I had bloodwork done. The only things abnormal were a few low vitamin levels - especially the D. Once I got on a supplement, I felt a lot better.

I'm not saying this is your problem, but maybe it's worth looking into. As the days get shorter, vitamin D is harder to come by!
  • I would try stretching and then taking a warm bath with sea salts and/or coconut oil. If tomorrow you still feel the same, I'd make an appointment with your MD.

Feel better!
  • blink1021
    blink1021 Posts: 1,115 Member
    I had trouble with a burning sensation in my left leg only and it went from my calf up the back. It turned out to be a torn muscle. I just did a lot of stretching and it went away.
  • I agree with the Vitam D, and i would also consider how much potassium your intaking, if its not enough that can lead to cramps and muscle soreness. Pluss this happens to me when I havnt worked out in a few day and not been able to strech. Try a hot shower then streching, but dont over do it.
  • Shelby814
    Shelby814 Posts: 273 Member
    Are you stretching before & after you work out? If it's on both sides, I doubt it's anything serious. Probably muscle strain/overuse. I would suggest stretching, an anti-inflammatory medication for a few days & warm baths.
  • calliope_music
    calliope_music Posts: 1,242 Member
    this is what i was thinking...i'd definitely make an appointment with your doctor, especially if it goes on for a few more days. if you don't have a regular doc, i'd suggest urgent care! or, if you develop any other symptoms (fever, tingling/numbness, etc). feel better soon!
  • fiberartist219
    fiberartist219 Posts: 1,865 Member
    This happens to me a lot. The last time I went to the doctor, I got loaded up with muscle relaxers, pain relievers, steroids and anti inflammatories. It was an expensive trip to Walgreens afterward.

If this is only happening with the last couple days, take a warm bath with epsom salts, relax, and maybe have an ibuprofen.

If it goes on for weeks, like mine did, seek medical attention.

It still happens to me from time to time, but since my doctor didn't make it seem like a big deal, I can usually just wait it out, but like I said, if it goes on for weeks or makes you scared to go on about your usual life, seek help.