Water retention questions.....

Options
Does anyone have issues with water retention? Anyone have any suggestions on what to eat or not to eat or drink that may help? Or maybe a certain kind of diet plan?

Thanks!
Carol

Replies

• Kissxx
    Kissxx Posts: 99
    Options
    Watch out for sodium in the foods you eat. And drink lots of water! I retain water every single time I eat out cuz they pack that stuff with sodium. Also watch out for pre packaged meals and canned foods.
  • CannibalisticVegetarian
    Options
    How's your sodium intake? My doc told me that too much salt will do it.
  • libland
    libland Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    Watch the sodium and also processed food. Drink LOTS of water.
  • Yoopermom13
    Options
    :heart: WOW you look great!!! I used to have a bod like that and am determined to get it again!!!
  • Ephena
    Ephena Posts: 615 Member
    Options
    Sodium, That Time Of The Month, and not enough water are all big factors.

I have found a day of extra fiber from fruits and veggies plus a ton of water and some green tea usually helps.
  • determinedcrystal
    determinedcrystal Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    bread and noodles make you retain water also
  • Artemis_Acorn
    Artemis_Acorn Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    A lot of herbal teas have mild diuretic properties. For example, all of the Celestial Seasonings "Zinger" teas have hibiscus, which is mildly diuretic. A cup or two of Lemon or Raspberry Zinger and I'm peeing like a racehorse...
  • MarchelleLynne
    MarchelleLynne Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    broccoli makes you shed water!!
  • albayin
    albayin Posts: 2,524 Member
    Options
    This is funny, because when I eat broccoli, I feel so bloated...
  • littleraindancers
    Options
    Wow, those are a lot of really useful suggestions. I had no idea I could find online support in loosing weight and eating healthy. I was thinking since I didn't have the money to join Weight Watchers, this was going to be really hard for me. Then I found this group and I thought probably no one would talk to me LOL but you are all really so helpful, I actually found support. I need to loose 100 pounds, and I know it is going to be hard! You guys are better than surgery, I think this is really going to work! Thankyou for all the info, I have to shop for tea tomorrow and I had no idea sodium was in pasta and breads like that!

Carol
  • babygurl48
    babygurl48 Posts: 1,236 Member
    Options
    this, i didn't know! thanks!
  • littleraindancers
    Options
    I hate being 100 pounds overweight, it is getting hard on me (maybe because of my age? 47?). My weight is even harder on my husband, it about kills him to even look at me. When we got married, I was like 94 pounds and 5 ft 9. He was tall and skinny too, we were kids (19). So 28 years ago we got married and had nine children....and I found it very hard to loose the weight the older I got. I didn't have time to work out. My husband would complain that I didn't seem to have a problem with finding the time to eat.....I don't eat much either, about 1500 calories a day and I am totally satisfied. My husband tells me to completely stop eating, to starve if I have to. I do exercise, I walk about an hour a day plus do the treadclimber for 45 minutes 3 times a week. I have to figure out how to loose the weight for ME. I want to do this for ME. And I have to remind myself I can do this and it doesn't matter what anyone else says, I am worth it and I want to enjoy my life and stop packing this weight around. I am so encouraged with this group!
  • jhofeditz
    Options
    You definitely have to do it for you! And as a person that has been on both sides of the ropes (exp: trying to gain wait when I wasn't eating a good diet, to teaching people which diets were the safest when they were looking, to now needing a diet that works) Keep with this program! It teaches you portion control and you can double check things before you eat them. Second to the Weight Watchers program this is awesome, as long as you don't cheat. I just found out some bad info and decided to drink but I am not going to lie on here. No one can see it but me and I shouldn't lie to myself, so it's added! So what if I went over the recommended Calorie counting for one day. I just know tomorrow is a new day and the next day closer to my goal weight. Love you and love your self!
  • Clare_F
    Options
    definitely try and reduce the sodium intake as sodium dehydrates the body and the the body will then hold on to more water as a reaction to this, also drink lots of water as the again the body will try and retain what it isn't getting enough of.
  • PetitePerfection
    PetitePerfection Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    drink a TON of water...i retain water like crazy especially during "that time" so i have to be drinking water practically all day not to! on the bright side i can tell you where the nearest restroom is from just about anywhere:happy:
  • annanuttall
    Options
    Thank you for all your tips, i was thinking the same thing last night. I'm sure a lot of my weight is water. I take Green Tea tablet, would that be able to help?
  • bella8282
    bella8282 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Green Tea!! and Lot's of it! not only does it speed your metabolism, help to block fat cell's it also is a mild diuretic!

:) It will help. Good luck!!
  • bella8282
    bella8282 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Thank you for all your tips, i was thinking the same thing last night. I'm sure a lot of my weight is water. I take Green Tea tablet, would that be able to help?

Will help, but better to drink Green Tea ans fluid helps release fluid. keep taking the supplement though.. :D
  • annanuttall
    Options

Will help, but better to drink Green Tea ans fluid helps release fluid. keep taking the supplement though.. :D

i tried drinking green ta but i couldn't take the taste, i find the tablet work better for me. Is there any other herbal tea to try?