starting MFP

Options
I had done this before, but it has been a while and I don't think I gave it 100%, this time I have to as I have been diagnosed as pre-diabetic. My daughter is doing this with me, so it will not be like I am alone in this although she does not have to lose any weight, she is just my encouragement and my motivator.

Wish me luck.

Connie

Replies

• ndaney
    ndaney Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Good luck Connie! You will do great. Sounds like your have an amazing support system!
  • novalh42
    novalh42 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Good luck Connie! The people here are very supportive! Add me if you like..
  • Judyann5
    Options
    Welcome back to MFP. It is so nice for your daughter to also follow the program. ::flowerforyou:
  • smarthart
    smarthart Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Connie - Want this. Don't tell yourself you "have to because...." because you don't. The choice is yours. You said you didn't think you gave it 100% last time. You didn't or you wouldn't be here again. I know - that was me a 100 times. I was a great starter but not a very good finisher. Then my mother-in-law moved in with me last January. She weighs 200 pounds, cannot walk without the use of a walker and must use oxygen 24/7. She endures indignities that I choose to work hard to avoid ...so I want this. I want this so I can watch my daughter graduate from college, get married and have kids. You want it too so you can ... watch your daughter graduate - get married - have kids - actively participate in her life. You want this so you can show your daughter that, just like you, she can set goals and follow through with them - whatever they may be. You do not need luck. Everything you need is inside of you because you want it.

I wake up every day and tell myself I want this and why. When I struggle with that...which I do still...I read the inspirational stories here at MFP. I look at my progress and the progress of others.

S~