Cake pops/first bday party

Options
lalalazzz
lalalazzz Posts: 131 Member
My sons's first birthday is saturday and I've been planning and decorating the house for weeks! All week I'm making chocolate covered pretzels, oreos, smores and cake pops all decorated with his theme colors of of orange and blue and they are GORGEOUS! I am making about 100 cake pops covered in white chocolate and also decorated. I am making the cake today and covering with chocolate tomorrow and was wondering if anyone knows if it is ok to leave them out overnight? I am setting them up on a styrofoam display and want to set it up tomorrow night and leave it out. Reason being 1. I can't fit it in the fridge and 2. Setting it up takes awhile and I have enough things to do saturday morning before guests arrive. I can't really cover the display and I could cover individuallly but would rather not. Also, any ideas for how to "display" my choc covered pretzel rods pretty? Thanks guys!

Replies

• La_Amazona
    La_Amazona Posts: 4,855 Member
    Options
    yup should be fine to leave out! i leave cakes out all the time a day or so before the event.

what kind of chocolate are you covering your cake?? :love:
  • betzeross
    betzeross Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Absolutely fine to leave them out! Sounds like you're doing a very nice job on this party - have fun! :)
  • kristilovescake
    kristilovescake Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    They should be fine.

I made a ton of cake pops for my wedding and I made most of them almost a week ahead of time and put them in an airtight container and they tasted just like fresh baked.
  • meg7399
    meg7399 Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    What are they covered with? I am not used to making cake things from scratch. I recently made a cake, left it out and the next day it was bad! Well, dumb blonde moment...the icing had cream and cream cheese! So as long as its stuff that doesn't NEED to be in the fridge you should be fine!
  • La_Amazona
    La_Amazona Posts: 4,855 Member
    Options
    pretzel rods- i've seen them in color coordinated little buckets.. also they're very pretty when they're individually wrapped with a little bow.
  • AllisonMart
    AllisonMart Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    I'm a cake decorator. It's fine to leave cakes out as long as they don't have frosting that's made with cream cheese or butter, those need to be refrigerated. Do cover it with plastic wrap if you can. Never ever put anything with fondant into the fridge. Everything sounds cute! Pretzel rods are cute just in a themed cup or container with matching colors (ooh or a flower pot). You can also individually wrap them, they make long narrow bags for those and they look very fancy that way.
  • lalalazzz
    lalalazzz Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    they re covered in chocolate so melting is my main concern...the house is normal temp like 72 degrees
  • sam363
    sam363 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    You should be ok as long as it has the candy coating on them. If you just make the cake pops but don't cover with candy coating you risk the pops falling apart. They are such a super delicious treat! Good luck with the party!
  • NiciS72
    NiciS72 Posts: 1,043 Member
    Options
    I recently took the Wilton class on making these and for the life of me don't remember if you were supposed to put them in the fridge before you dip them. I believe they would be fine. HOWEVER, you will need to put them in the fridge after you dip them. Check this out:

http://www.wilton.com/pops/
  • askme12
    askme12 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    You can leave cake out as long as there's no icing on it, but I would wrap it in plastic wrap so it doesn't dry out. When I've made cakepop's, after I decorate them, I wrap them separately. They should be okay overnight. You can put the pretzels in little bags with colored ties to display them. Good Luck on the party!
  • momof3and3
    momof3and3 Posts: 656 Member
    Options
    You can always put them in a garage if you are worried about melting....