whats in a name ??

Options
Ive been a long time forum junkie (MFP is no exception) .. A person can see alot of interesting screen names when pouring over different posts. I did this on another board and it was kinda fun .. How did YOU come to choose your particular screen name?

Me?

Im a self proclaimed nerd.. Computers , Sci Fi , zombies the whole shot.. Star Wars has been one of my top favorite movies since childhood. Later in my life I was able to develop a list of favorite actors. Liam Neeson being right up there.. When Episode One came out naturally I was excited . I then HAD to come up with something I could use from this movie... Qugonnjinn was used (obviously) so I had the idea... My name is Jayson and ALL my friends call me Jay .. sooooo how bout quigonnJAY... But then I thought that doesnt look "exotic" enough so Jay became jae and thats how quigonnjae came to be

your turn!

Replies

• lowlevelrebel
    lowlevelrebel Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    My name comes from a song by the Canadian band, The Odds.

"Well, I'm a low level rebel
    I jaywalk to beat the devil
    I'm no bass but lots of treble
    All the things about me are forced"

Worked for me ;)

(P.S. I'll happily admit I have no clue what you're talking about as an explanation for your name, but i heartily support your nerdiness)
  • jennajava
    jennajava Posts: 2,176 Member
    Options
    My name is Jenna Coffee.
  • christinad95
    christinad95 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    Ive been a long time forum junkie (MFP is no exception) .. A person can see alot of interesting screen names when pouring over different posts. I did this on another board and it was kinda fun .. How did YOU come to choose your particular screen name?

Me?

Im a self proclaimed nerd.. Computers , Sci Fi , zombies the whole shot.. Star Wars has been one of my top favorite movies since childhood. Later in my life I was able to develop a list of favorite actors. Liam Neeson being right up there.. When Episode One came out naturally I was excited . I then HAD to come up with something I could use from this movie... Qugonnjinn was used (obviously) so I had the idea... My name is Jayson and ALL my friends call me Jay .. sooooo how bout quigonnJAY... But then I thought that doesnt look "exotic" enough so Jay became jae and thats how quigonnjae came to be

your turn!

It's my first name, the first letter to my last name and the year I graduated. Why? Becuase sadly I'm only 34 and I needed something that was easy to remember. No frills, pretty boring I know, but at the end of the day it's the one thing I haven't forgotten. LOL
  • tncmom
    tncmom Posts: 79
    Options
    My kids' nicknames are Tea and Crackers - so I'm tncmom
  • Bigmomma0u812
    Options
    I came on to MFP a little reluctantly. My sister and a friend of hers had started it and they just wouldn't hush about how wonderful they felt and blah blah blah. so......... One my daughter calls me big momma or big mommy sometimes. I have no idea why, she's only 4. Probably coz she's being honest and I'm big. Anyhow I'm a goofball and I was being mean and said to my sister I'm gonna be Bigmomma O U 8 1 2 coz its a fitness site and I have food issues. There ya have it. I'm born but I do love this now and I'm so glad they wouldn't shut up about it.
  • BuceesNana
    BuceesNana Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    I am Bucee's (pronounced buk-ee) Nana.
  • jadebvb92
    Options
    mine is my name and bvb is a band i listen to that has helped inspired me to make changes in my life and 92 is the year i was born :D
  • CannibalisticVegetarian
    Options
    I just randomly threw something together. It was either gonna be this or 'Die-by-sushi.'
  • SinIsIn
    SinIsIn Posts: 1,865 Member
    Options
    Sin is in these days ...no? :devil:
  • nkswans
    nkswans Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    I'm not original at all, nkswans was my email at my undergraduate. Its the first letter of your first and middle name and first 5 letters of your last name.
  • quigonnjae
    Options
    love all the explanations .. each one is a story in its self... lets keep em coming
  • Bigaug
    Bigaug Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    My name is Augie and I'm large, hence, Bigaug.
  • redhotredneck
    redhotredneck Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Mine is my roller derby name - Red Hot Redneck :)
  • kb455
    kb455 Posts: 679 Member
    Options
    I'm lazy... I went with first and last initial and days of my kids' birthdays.
  • Molly_Louise
    Options
    My first and middle name is Molly Louise!
  • ushkii
    ushkii Posts: 472 Member
    Options
    Ashkii is Navajo for boy, my friend mis-spelled it many years ago when make my old AOL name, I keep it.
  • sandrinamsilva
    sandrinamsilva Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    My name is Sandra but my parents used to (family still does) call me Sandrina then my middle initial and Last name is Silva.
  • stampede55
    Options
    Stampede has been my nickname amongst my friends for a while now. 55 is my old football number and my current softball number.
  • JulieSD
    JulieSD Posts: 567
    Options
    Its muh name.

First name, middle initial and last name first letter.

Boring.
  • stampede55
    Options
    Its muh name.

First name, middle initial and last name first letter.

Boring.
    At least your hat is awesome! :tongue: