Its hard doing this alone

Options
Hi my name is Misty and I have been doing mfp alone now for two weeks. Its getting hard. Only because I am running out of Ideas on what to eat. I understand this is going to be a long road a head but I really need to do this for my self and my family. If anyone has any ideas on things to eat please let me know. Thank you!

Replies

• boston6
    boston6 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Welcome. If you're on this site, you're no longer alone. Did you check out the recipies forum?
  • CJK1959
    CJK1959 Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    Welcome...this is an awesome community and we are all here for each other! Check out the recipes forum tab, also check out others diaries...there are often some great ideas there. Add me if you like.
    Take care,
    Carol
  • madubil
    madubil Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    So dont do it alone girl. ;) Thats what we are here for. Use us.
  • Johnnyswife
    Johnnyswife Posts: 1,447 Member
    Options
    Im sure it is hard but dont give up..You have friends on here that will encourage you..In the end you will be happy.:smile:
  • Yary2931
    Yary2931 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Welcome! You dont have to do this alone. Feel free to add me if you wish. We can support and motivate each other :-)

Also, check out the following website for healthy recipes - www.skinnytaste.com
  • Wendysworld13
    Wendysworld13 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    Ok Girlfriend - when you are here, you are not alone! Friend some of us who have responded. Look at the open diaries. You can eat ANYTHING you and your family want - you just need to count/log it. There are GREAT ways to eat tasty and still lose weight.
    Just ask your MFP friends!
  • mleoni092708
    mleoni092708 Posts: 629 Member
    Options
    I know it's hard. But it does get easier :) I'm not sure what you do, but I make a weekly meal plan and then buy all my groceries at once. I decide which days I can manage a more elaborate recipe and which days I need something quick and easy. Experiment with new recipes-try for at least 2 new ones a week. I do this and I love it. If you want to pm me foods you like and hate, I'll send you some of the recipes I have found that we really like.

Eatingwell.com has some good recipes too and there's another one I can't remember off hand. Cookinglight.com maybe?

And the recipe section of the message boards is great too.

Hope this helps!
  • MartiJJohnston
    Options
    If you need help with a grocery list or how to make things lower in fat/calories, feel free to message me! It's all second nature to me now, but a lot of people just don't know how to shop. And that's the first key! Good luck and welcome to MFP!! :flowerforyou:
  • CharlotteTheCoffeeLover
    Options
    Your more than welcome to look at my diary. I feel I eat a pretty wide range. I have a really busy schedule so I do eat out a lot, but I've learned to look up stuff before I even go to the restaurant. That way I don't just pick at random and I know what to order to stay within my calories. Good Luck girlie!
  • gabriellegreiner
    Options
    I know how you feel, Misty. I'm eating boring foods! I should check out the recipe forum as should you. Let's be buddies!!
  • rajalaw
    rajalaw Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    You are as connected and resourceful as you think you are. And you are - you already posted and asked for assistance. And you got so many people helping and supporting you. By the time, i write this response, you probably feel differently.

Ask yourself why you joined and then just focus on how and what you can do to make it happen.

I am also reaching out to other people so that I don't feel alone in this path.

my best to you.
  • dianhathaway
    Options
    Welcome, Misty. Don't worry, you are not alone. Millions of folks are in the same boat as you. Personally, I like a lot of the "lite" progresso soups for a quck meal. I also eat lots of salad with low cal dressing. Go for chicken breast, and other lean meats. Stay away from processed foods and fast foods. Fiber is also your friend - go for whole wheat everything - it will counteract f some fat that you eat.

Snacks - these can be pretzels or rice cakes (the minies that Quaker makes are absolutely great!).

Good luck, don't give up!