Leslie Sansone Walk

Options
Does anyone do Leslie Sansone's Walking dvds? I have started doing them and am wondering if they are going to give me a good workout...... good fat burn. I want to lose 25 pounds and my stomach is measuring 36 inches right now.

Replies

• monih10
    monih10 Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    I love Leslie Sansone's walk at home dvds!!! And yes...you will get a really good sweat and calorie burn with them....you gotta keep up with her tho!! :smile:
  • bsalvato
    bsalvato Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I did them when I was in college about 8 years ago. I did that in combination with Atkins and lost about 30lbs. I think it's a good workout, especially if you just want to concentrate on walking/cardio, just make sure you have a couple two pound weights handy for it.
  • ameyc2002
    ameyc2002 Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    i like them alot too i think they are great for beginners too but you can mover up to the longer ones
  • deblc6836
    Options
    I especially like her newer ones, which include "boosted walking" (i.e. a couple minutes per mile at a light jogging pace).
  • Littlered9
    Options
    YES! Love Leslie Sansone DVD's! I have many of her DVD's that there are not any that I don't like. I suggest doing the faster miles, with the boosts. She's easy to follow and I love her spunk.
  • sob1987
    sob1987 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I bought one of her dvd and yeah it does give you a good workout I actually did it for 3 days last week along with my 1200 hundred calorie diet and I lost 4lbs
  • hello77kitty
    hello77kitty Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    I do them at least 4x a week. I usually do 5miles a day. It goes by so quickly and gets you sweating! I have 5 mile fat burning walk and Walking it off and Tone it Up(comes with resistance band, a lot of good arm exercising here). I have been counting my cals and using Leslie's dvds for most of my weight loss so far. I throw in some 30day shred or taebo or ellipitical a few times a week, but the core of my exercise is walking! I've lost 13lbs since Oct.2 so I definitely think you can lose 25 with her dvds :)
  • cmstach
    Options
    I love Leslie Sansone DVD's...they are an awesome workout and a don't have to go to a gym. The Biggest Loser DVD's are good workouts too. The only problem I have is that I don't know how many calories I burn for each DVD. Any ideas on how to do that?
  • horsepullerlovesme
    horsepullerlovesme Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    i do them everyday and love them n the results

have fun awesome workouts
  • dianerml
    dianerml Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    When I first started exercising the last time I lost weight I did them almost every morning and I really saw results. I would do "boosted walking" for the majority of the dvds. Just to get my heart rate up more.
  • chris1529
    chris1529 Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    Ya'll are convincing me that I can lose weight and get into shape with her dvds! :) I guess I just kinda figured that with it being walking and low impact, that I wouldn't lose much with it.
  • bhurley1424
    bhurley1424 Posts: 927 Member
    Options
    I love her dvd's! It does give you a good workout. You're really doing more than just walking; side steps, kicks, kickbacks, knee ups etc. All at a pretty fast pace. I do these a few days a week and also do other dvd's (jillian, tae bo etc). I think I might have to try the boosted walk though, don't have those dvd's.
  • chris1529
    Options
    Bump
  • mjmcdon
    Options
    I absolutely LOVE Leslie Sansone! She is so worth it, and definitely worth your time! You will lose fat and shed some pounds. She has many DVD's that are different from one another and work every part of your body. Check out her website!
  • irishkiss
    irishkiss Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    I just bought these cds and I burned 450 calories doing it! love it and I dont have to get on my knees for any of it. I have very bad knees.
  • chris1529
    Options
    450 calories! That's great! How long was the workout?
  • irishkiss
    irishkiss Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Made me sweat! I exaggerated my moves a little. But she does a warm up and at the end a cool down. I enjoy it and it goes by really fast! In one part of the video she uses weights held in the hands and in another section she uses the stretchy band(which came with the cd). You should really try it. I never thought a cd would make me sweat! The work outs vary she has a one mile get up and get started---18 min. and a two mile brisk walk--30 min.and a three mile advanced walk--51 min.and a four mile super challenge--60 min. all on one cd.
  • chris1529
    Options
    I did the 4 mile super challenge last night! My feet were hurting lol. :)
  • TheFitHooker
    TheFitHooker Posts: 3,358 Member
    Options
    I use to do her walk away the pounds, it was nice :)
  • chris1529
    Options
    Wow! I have been doing her 4 Fast Miles dvd for 50 mins and I have to say that that is a great workout! I love that you can make it low impact or high intensity! My legs are starting to look thinner! Just need to get this belly down. I look pregnant and I'm not!