Having a Hard time finding enjoyable exercise...

Options
Hey Guys!!

So I have never liked exercise. I just knew in order to get in shape I would have to suck it up and do it. I love dancing (modern, ballet) but adult dance classes are not in my budget. I belong to Planet Fitness but I can only tolerate the gym 2-3 days a week. I need a class or some alternative for the other 2-3 days to get the exercise in and not HATE it. I have tried HIIT I HATEEEEE IT and not just because its hard (lol) I just don't like it. Does anyone have any suggestions on an unconventional or not BORING form of exercise? I'm struggling and I hate literally having to drag myself to do it! I want to be able to look forward to exercise and not look at it like a chore

Replies

• engineman312
    engineman312 Posts: 3,450 Member
    Options
    zumba classes?
  • Jacole18
    Jacole18 Posts: 716 Member
    Options
    I hate exercise too, but I loooove the Leslie Sansone's aerobic DVD's....their are lots of them to choose from from super easy to pretty fast paced....go online and check em out. they have little demo videos. I started with the 4 mile and have no worked up to the 5 mile. good luck!!
  • shelli1982
    Options
    I take a non-conventional (i.e. NOT cardio) kickboxing class at my local tae-kwon-do studio.. something one of the instructors does on the side... it's 75 minutes twice a week and he does stuff like abs, arms (weights, push-ups, etc), legs (lunges, squats, etc) mixed in with kickboxing (punching and kicking) and I LOVE it... it's such an adrenaline rush, and a stress buster too! Try and find something like that... I can't tell you how much I love it!
  • auntied
    auntied Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Wii has some great things!!!
  • jenny25277
    Options
    I do dance central on kinect. I love it. I try to get five stars so I forget I'm exercising and go for a perfect score. I think its fun.
  • Yetta729
    Yetta729 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    love Turbo Fire
  • Onesnap
    Onesnap Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    It's all about the teacher.

I love love love my teachers at the gym and that's what gets me there at the end of a long day. Good music and good teachers.
  • adjones5
    adjones5 Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    zumba classes?

I say zumba. I would also just give some of the other exercise classes a try, go a couple times before you decide you hate it. Sometimes the first class I go to I hate but by the third one I love it!
  • bhoochy
    Options
    see if you gym offers cardio kickboxing. It's a challenge but fun at the same time
  • horsepullerlovesme
    horsepullerlovesme Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    I hate exercise too, but I loooove the Leslie Sansone's aerobic DVD's....their are lots of them to choose from from super easy to pretty fast paced....go online and check em out. they have little demo videos. I started with the 4 mile and have no worked up to the 5 mile. good luck!!

agree these r amazing and very upbeat and fun look forward to them daily..and can do it right at home...........:flowerforyou:
  • apiles
    Options
    I do the Hip Hop Abs series. There are different DVD so you can change up the workouts.
  • Onesnap
    Onesnap Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    I find also what makes me love working out is that I make better food choices and sleep wayyyyy better as a result.

Plus, I know it's good cancer prevention and good diabetes prevention both of which I need right now with my family history.
  • rydanip
    rydanip Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys! You've given me some awesome options. I went to a low impact aerobics class this evening that whooped my behind but it wasn't sooooo bad. I'm gonna try not to get bored with it too soon. The instructor is awesome and the music was great. Although I hate exercise while I'm doing it I love the way it makes my body look and feel so I am going to try and look at it like that. I tried Zumba but not really a fan. I want to do yoga I've done bikram but can't take the heat too often. I just heard regular yoga types don't burn enough calories. Does exercise have to be super fast paced? I love the flow of yoga it's so calming
  • wellbert
    wellbert Posts: 3,924 Member
    Options
    Boxing. :D
  • hatravers
    hatravers Posts: 166 Member
    Options

i agree i like theses dvds too