Anyone else worried about Thanksgiving?

Options
I don't know about anyone else but for me...Thanksgiving is the time of the year where there is so much food I just end up eating ALLLL day. Ugh, I am so dreading the day when it comes because I know I'm going to have to cook for the family. Im just worried about controlling my food in take...especially when there's going to be food just sitting around waiting to be eaten. I'll eat when Im hungry, Im just worried about over eating....anyone feel the same or know how to refrain themselves?

Replies

• xYumzx
    xYumzx Posts: 953 Member
    Options
    I am alittle im going to CALI for Thanksgiving with my brother who said we are going turkey trotting..... guess its like bar hopping hahahah! just afraid i will eat way to much.... just keep thinking if i eat this much i have to work out that much more! ughhhhh lol
  • skemery
    skemery Posts: 100
    Options
    If you don't, its one day. One day does not derail everything you've worked for.

It's not Thanksgiving and Christmas by themselves that make us gain weight over the holidays, its the endless stream of parties and leftovers, paired with slacking off on exercise because its cold out.
  • alliecore
    alliecore Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    Nope, I'm not worried :) I'm planning on getting an hour run in before I eat, then dang it, I'm gonna enjoy the good food! :drinker:
  • Schraudt814
    Schraudt814 Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    For me, although Thanksgiving does some damage Christmas is the one I have to watch out for. But really I'm going to be so focused on spending that time with my family that I will probably not even log. Might be a terrible attitude but I choose to use those holidays as cheat days.
  • teeley
    teeley Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    I am not worried, Thanksgiving was a month ago!!
  • sharleengc
    sharleengc Posts: 792 Member
    Options
    I'm not worried about it at all. It's just a day and my theory is that if I snack all day, I won't really eat that much at "meal" time which is fine. Yes, I may go over my calories for the day but I know I've done that on recent business trips too just because I had to eat out so it's really not that different and so far no day or two of way over calories has thrown me off.

The one thing I am going to be aware of is what I'm snacking on...Carbs (taters, rolls..etc) are my weakness so I'm going to try and stay away from those just cuz I know I'll eat a bunch of that!
  • aliciagetshealthy
    aliciagetshealthy Posts: 946 Member
    Options
    Because I'm also doing the cooking, my plan is to make sure I have a good breakfast so I don't go into the cooking process starving and to keep carrot sticks handy incase I feel the need to be snacking on something. As for the actual dinner I WILL EAT EVERYTHING! Just in normal size and not over the top portions. I have already found that I can't eat as much in one sitting, so I'll make sure I have a taste of everything but not eat enough to make myself miserable.
  • Ctorj
    Ctorj Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I give myself 3 "free" meals a week. Thanksgiving is sure to be one of them. Also, plan to exercise earlier that day as well as the day after so the food won't leave you feeling guilty. Healthy eating is NOT about feeling guilty, but about responsibility. If you plan on pigging out, then plan on upping the exercise around that meal. That's all. No biggie. :-)
  • dawngrasso
    dawngrasso Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    i just work a little harder in the gym - make myself EARN the pumpkin cheesecake. also i have a little bit of everything so i don't feel as though i'm missing out on anything - everything in moderation. the holidays are to be enjoyed -
  • JackKsavestheday
    JackKsavestheday Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    Im looking forward to it Ive been good about watching what I eat and Im sure thanksgiving is gonna be another opportunity to set a good example for my family
  • Luandanielle1979
    Luandanielle1979 Posts: 747 Member
    Options
    You should give yourself a well desrved break... I fet like this about celebrating over Christmas I have decided I would have worked so hard in the run up to christmas that I am giving myself time off. I am going to enjoy myself and eat and drink and be merry. I love everything about christmas.. the food... the films... the presents haha. Giving lovely gifts that I choose very carefully so that they cause delight lol. I will be having a break and then I will be powering on after the new year to reach my goal weight.
    I actually have a suspicion that I will make better choices and try not to cram as much junk as usual but I will be sure to enjoy myself.

Good luck x
  • JackKsavestheday
    JackKsavestheday Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    i just work a little harder in the gym - make myself EARN the pumpkin cheesecake. also i have a little bit of everything so i don't feel as though i'm missing out on anything - everything in moderation. the holidays are to be enjoyed -

true story!
  • robinogue
    robinogue Posts: 1,117 Member
    Options
    Nope, not worried here... I've got 2 weeks to hit it as hard as I can so I can enjoy the day and all it's festivities....
  • Mingyming
    Options
    Kind of but im vegan so ive gotten used to watching everybody else stuff their face, saying no to my Mother, and getting weird joy from watching others eat.
  • RedHotRunner
    RedHotRunner Posts: 850 Member
    Options
    I start the day with a 10K run. It takes some of the guilt away :-)
  • Barneystinson
    Barneystinson Posts: 1,357 Member
    Options
    I am not worried, Thanksgiving was a month ago!!

LOL, +1 for Canadians!
  • MisterDubs303
    MisterDubs303 Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options
    Holidays are as much a part of life as fitness. I account for the holiday through extra exercise, sensible gorging, and recognizing that a feast once in a while isn't going to kill anyone. I fully intend to have two pieces of pie. Eating properly 95% of the time IS good enough for me. It just doesn't make any sense to sacrifice life and experiences for the sake of preparing myself for a life of better experiences. I can do both. Enjoying a feast doesn't mean I'm cancelling my gym membership... and, I will be logging every single bite. My progress so far gives me confidence in my decision. If I were just starting to try to lose weight next week, it might be another story.
  • CLC900709
    CLC900709 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I plan on sleeping threw that day. never even waking up to be tempted with the food. haha
    yeah...i wish i could do that!
  • cxdyer
    cxdyer Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I'm concerned, not only am I watching calories. I also don't have white sugar, gluten and try to watch my sodium intake too. This is going to be really tough.
  • ramonasowner
    ramonasowner Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    I entered a 5k for the morning to help with what I do eat. and try to use the rule of half, if you have to have it eat half of it~!