Need a support team! Overcoming eating disorders

Options
Hi! I am recently trying to overcome eating disorders so i joined this website so that I can be more aware of what i am eating and hold myself accountable for it. I just need to get myself to a better place. I have already lost over 30 lbs (the wrong way) and i am trying to learn to simply be healthy and lose weight the right way. I know there are a lot of people who have also battled eating disorders and are on the road to recovery so id love to be in a support group to help us all get there! :happy:

Replies

• mpetrovic
    mpetrovic Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Wow congratulations on being able to face this! You have already made your first step to confidence because you are able to look for help! I hope ALL the best in the world for you, and we are all here for you if you need some support!
  • wenders123
    wenders123 Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    Hi there,

There is a new function on MFP called Groups. I'm sure if you seach in there you will find something ......

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups

Hope that helps :happy:
  • bookdame
    Options
    I am also overcomingn an ED and would be glad to be friends.

I suggest reading a book that speaks to you... For me it was Overcoming Emotional Eating by Geneen Roth.
  • beachlove09
    beachlove09 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much for your support! not sure why but I dont know how to add friends on here! I will definitely look in the groups section. I already feel so much better even just starting on my path and knowing that im not alone!
  • bookdame
    Options
    Thank you so much for your support! not sure why but I dont know how to add friends on here! I will definitely look in the groups section. I already feel so much better even just starting on my path and knowing that im not alone!

Heck ya! You can overcome this, enjoy life.... taking a step to change your life is empowering as heck.

Also--- Love your user pic. Is that really you? I have been fantasizing about moving back to So Cal and surfing every day after work.... haha :)
  • beachlove09
    Options
    No! i am so self concious of my body that i was afraid to even put up a pic of myself but i do surf! I live right next to the beach and I get to enjoy it each day- its one of the reasons why i want to get healthy- so that i can get stronger and not get pummeled by the waves!
  • Smiley200
    Options
    I Am also Trying To Overcome My ED Also I Would Love To Talk And Be Friends. This Is Hard To Do Alone So I Hope We Can Talk.
  • Kabula
    Kabula Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    That's very honest of you to share! Kudos to you!
  • lradatz
    lradatz Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I'm glad you were able to notice you had a problem, that's the 1st step... I used to starve myself, only eat like 500cal a day, but I worked alot, so I really never noticed when I was hungry. I have 3 kids, and after my 2nd, I've been a at home mom(4 yrs total). I had to take care of myself for my kids... especially when I was pregnant! I went from 190(after my 3rd child) to now 138( which I haven't seen anything under 145 in 9yrs(My pre-kid weight was 130ish). It takes alot of work but you'll get where you need to be. Good luck dear, there is alot of support and encouragement on here alone... I hope you find what your looking for, for support!!!
  • mehinalani
    Options
    Your not alone, I have been fighting an ED since i was 16, its hard but i know you can do it. I have two kids and after my last one i went from 260 to 127 in 7 months the wrong way, I felt week all the time and still felt as if i was huge. Since then I am at 151, however i am determind to lose it the right way. What i did that help me was to focus more on training for a Marathon and now a Triatholon. I think of food more as a fuel and pride my self on my endurace rather then how much wieght i can loose. This helps, since i have terrible body image issues. If you need a Friend let me know :)
  • jonzo21
    jonzo21 Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    there probably are some groups out there for eating disorders now. I created a group for self control which may work for you as well. Check us out:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/340-take-control-of-your-self-control

we'd love to have you!
  • beachlove09
    Options
    Wow! thank you guys so much! Seriously feels amazing to have support!
  • HoopFire5602
    HoopFire5602 Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    Hey love, make sure you join the Eating Disorders Support group. :) And add me. :)