New to the Forum

Options
Hello all... I am a 33m Police Officer who needs to loose a little weight. I've been usually very fit, but when I became a cop nearly 5 years ago, I gained weight like you would not believe. In addition, I have a 3 year old beautiful little boy and I need to make sure I am around to see him grow up.

So with this in mind, I started working out again and dieting in a much more strict manner than before. From appox. 4k calories, I am down to 1750, of which I usually never pass. I currently have a litte contest at work with a few coworkers which ends Dec 3rd, 2011. Since September 1st, I have lost approx. 20 lbs and need to loose another 20+ before the 3rd of December.

In addition, I made a side bet with a supervisor for added motivation. If I don't loose the 40 lbs in 3 months, I said I would give up my day shift seniority for 1 full year, which is truly my motivating factor.

I will keep ya'll posted...

A. Soltura
Katy, Texas USA

Replies

• GTaylor615
    GTaylor615 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Wow! There's no better motivation than your beautiful son. I bonus of wagering your day shift means you are serious, because as a cop I know how hard it is to work oneself up to that seniority. Good luck to you brother in blue! Keep it up, and when you do reach that goal please continue that new lifestyle and stay on with us here on MFP. Would love to add you to my list of friends to see your progress....who knows maybe you can keep me in line!
  • cawatkins2
    Options
    Hi, my name is cindy and i am new to this website. I am hoping i find people on here to help motivate me to really move to be healthy. I am doing this not only for me but both of my beautiful girls. My daughter who is 9 has gained 34lbs since last april after she had her tonsils removed. I am taking her to a healthy habit one on one session at her pedictricians office to try and help her get healthier. She is now doing karate and loves it and also cheerleading practice once a week and gymnastics once a week. I have also joined the gym along with my older daughter (while my younger one is taking karate at the same place) to spend more quality time and show my both girls about eating right and exercising.

It is not about the number it is making my girls as well as myself become healthier and happier.