Friend requests

Options
Pretty_Pain
Pretty_Pain Posts: 71 Member
ok I know this will come across as witchy, tho I have another word in mind, but many people feel that when you send a request you should add a message.. I'm one them! Not only is it polite but I don't like feeling like I'm being added as a trophy on a collectors list when I post a progress picture.. I've busted my a s s to get where I am! I'm a supportive friend and I also like my list small! I feel I can be a more supportive friend that way! I also like to know my friends! So when your sending a request to someone, please take a moment to add a message! A hello, I saw you on so and so's list, I liked your comment of..anything works... It's being polite!

Thank you for letting me rant!

Replies

• stephabef
    stephabef Posts: 936 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I sometimes find it creepy when there isn't a message. Even just a hi! is nice. :)
  • jgbigman
    jgbigman Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Completely agree ☺
  • Justjoshin
    Justjoshin Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    I support this message.
  • CaptainGordo
    CaptainGordo Posts: 4,437 Member
    Options
    My solution? Hitting the "Decline" button.

shazam-show.jpg
  • BeautifulScarsWECHANGED
    Options
    My solution? Hitting the "Decline" button.

:laugh:
  • Achoooo
    Achoooo Posts: 130
    Options
    I defintely agree. If we don't have anything in common or you can't tell me why you want to add me, then I find it a bit creepy. I hate when people do it on Facebook too. Remind me who you are if we aren't close.... tell me why.... or get lost! I add some people on here, I don't get a lot of requests though. However, I have no desire to make it like Facebook, I don't need tons of people. If I add someone and they don't say much or post much I delete them. I'd rather have 2-3 very good supporters than 100 who forget they even add me.
  • KnottyJen
    KnottyJen Posts: 1,070 Member
    Options
    *nods* Yep yep.
  • Mama_CAEI
    Options
    I totally agree with you. (Same thing happens on Facebook and ticks me off just as much.) I don't accept random friend requests there or here because I'm not trying to collect friends. The only people I allow are people I know.
  • Cakepiebeer
    Options
    Ok in spite of this post, I will be sending out FR to all the chicks in this thread!!! Consider my comment as my FR message!!

j/k of course ;p
  • spyork
    spyork Posts: 187
    Options
    Y'eh whats with the cheek, manners cost nothing! No message no friend! Sorry to be harsh but thats the way it is.
    :frown:
  • lovinlife71
    Options
    :bigsmile:
  • BeautifulScarsWECHANGED
    Options
    In all fairness though....VERY FEW of us REALLY know eachother (like, met in person), so do we need to be THAT picky? As long as somebody is offering to help support you, why fight it?
  • fastbelly
    fastbelly Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    I don't accept friend requests without messages, its as simple as that.
    If you don't have 30s to write a message to me as to why you'd like to be my friend I don't think you need my friendship as you're far too busy already and I can be a handful! :p

I don't want or need a million friends, I want people that are there for you, are supportive and interact with you on a regular basis, not just numbers.
  • AdoraK
    AdoraK Posts: 724 Member
    Options
    No message

█║▌│║▌║█║▌║▌││║▌║ *ZAP* *BEEP* *DECLINE*
  • Katefab26
    Options
    While I do agree that it is more polite to add a message, I don't think it's that big a deal. I mean, if they end up being creepy or unsupportive, the delete button works quite well :laugh:
  • KimmieBrie
    KimmieBrie Posts: 825 Member
    Options
    Meh - I don't really care if there's a message. If someone gets creepy I'll delete them.
    Same thing on FB - deleting is easy.
  • WarriorMom2012
    WarriorMom2012 Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    It's a catch 22. I don't accept FR's from people without a message, but if they include a message and it comes across as creepy or I do a "background check" and people tell me not to accept, I'm all about the decline button.

You really can't win with me :noway:
  • PrincessEliNa
    PrincessEliNa Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    I don't really mind, I figure I can get to know the person w/ his/her posts.
    I just want to give support, and be supported, but I'm not looking to make a new BFF on here, and I also don't feel like interviewing anyone before accepting them as a "friend" on a weight loss website. I know we have ONE thing in common -LOSE WEIGHT-
    That being said, I only have 17 friends. :D
    I definitely don't need 200. :)
  • Elleinnz
    Elleinnz Posts: 1,661 Member
    Options
    In all fairness though....VERY FEW of us REALLY know eachother (like, met in person), so do we need to be THAT picky? As long as somebody is offering to help support you, why fight it?

That is exactly why a message is important - how on earth do you know they are offering to support you if they do do not take the actual time to send you a message???

My take on it is that if they can not be fussed to send me a message they will most probably also not be fussed to actually be a supportive friend either.......

Personally - no message it is automatically the "decline" button - I do not even stress about it.