Taking the cheese off of pizza?

Options
j4zzy
j4zzy Posts: 26 Member
do you think if I took the cheese off the pizza it would make a difference calorie wise? How much of a difference?
I was eating pizza and the cheese was kinda gross so I just took it off but I don't know how much to count it as now. Anybody got a guess?

Replies

• afigueroa_pr
    Options
    Considering that a generic slice of cheese is around 100 calories, imagine how much cheese they put in a pizza. I think it would take a lot of calories off!
  • PeaceLuvVeggies
    PeaceLuvVeggies Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    Look up Tomato Pie in the food section. I think it would definitely make a huge calorie difference. Cheese is very fatty and high in cals
  • killagb
    killagb Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    Look up the cheese and estimate how much there was...subtract from pizza total amount.
  • jkinsella83
    Options
    What's the point in eating pizza if there is no cheese?
  • PeaceLuvVeggies
    PeaceLuvVeggies Posts: 375 Member
    Options

A lot of people do it if they're vegan or vegetarian. It's called a tomato pie.
  • GouchisGirl
    GouchisGirl Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    It would make a difference because 1/2 of the sauce comes off with the cheese and so do the toppings so you are basically left with crust..... It would also depend on the size and brand of pizza if you are looking at the calories on the box and trying to reduce. If the piece was 100 calories I would take about 30 or 40 calories off....
  • robin52077
    robin52077 Posts: 4,383 Member
    Options
    Just log the pizza!!!....any "loss of calories" made by peeling off some cheese isn't worth logging, consider it a bonus.
    If you leave the last bite of a sandwich on the plate do you subtract 1/20th of the sandwich from your diary?
  • Britt2Fitjrny
    Britt2Fitjrny Posts: 558 Member
    Options

Amen!! Pizza is not pizza without the cheese! Thats the best part!!
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    First we would need to answer the question, "does cheese have calories?". The answer is - I don't know. I'm not a scientist.
  • HilarieXcore
    HilarieXcore Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    Just log the pizza!!!....any "loss of calories" made by peeling off some cheese isn't worth logging, consider it a bonus.
    If you leave the last bite of a sandwich on the plate do you subtract 1/20th of the sandwich from your diary?
  • Rewinds
    Options
    Actually most of the calories come from the bread and an OVERLOAD of cheese. You can cut both by

1) Using Lebanese Bread/Pita Bread small/medium size as the base. (Comes in wholemeal and also some reduced fat+salt pita breads but not sure what they have in the USA)

2) Only using half a cup of shredded pizza cheese. Low fat cheese may be expensive but its worth it if you are strictly calorie counting.

3) Also no salami or fatty meats. Stick to lite shaved ham, turkey breast, roast beef or chicken breast cut into strips.

Trust me they taste great and have about 350-400 calories in 1 serving.
  • untilthesun
    untilthesun Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I'm allergic to cheese, so I always order pizza without cheese! it tastes great, it doesnt appear to be as greasy plus it make calorie content take a hugeeeeee plunge.

I recommend it!
  • ilookthetype
    ilookthetype Posts: 3,021 Member
    Options
    First we would need to answer the question, "does cheese have calories?". The answer is - I don't know. I'm not a scientist.

WHAT? You aren't? Are you also not a doctor? I shouldn't have PM'd you that picture of my rash, I'm sorry man.
  • MrsCon40
    MrsCon40 Posts: 2,351 Member
    Options
    Being a vegan I order my pizza without cheese to begin with (pineapple and jalapeno toppings). I can eat 5 slices for what most people have to log for 2.

I never feel one iota of guilt for pigging out on pizza.
  • Scott613
    Scott613 Posts: 2,317 Member
    Options
    I get the meat lovers and take off the meat and cheese. Throw away the bread (carbs evil) dipped in tomato sauce and eat the good stuff:-)
  • servilia
    servilia Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    That would be a war crime my friend.
    Please don't do it.
  • servilia
    servilia Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options

LMAO
  • LoveleeB
    LoveleeB Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    Are you for serious?
  • mleoni092708
    mleoni092708 Posts: 629 Member
    Options
    I get the meat lovers and take off the meat and cheese. Throw away the bread (carbs evil) dipped in tomato sauce and eat the good stuff:-)

Bread + meat + cheese + tomato sauce=pizza
    pizza -meat - cheese - bread = ? tomato sauce?

Lol

This went over my head :laugh:
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    I have no idea how much you removed, but cheese is a pretty high calorie food so removing it would definitely lower the total calories. If you can guesstimate how much you removed, look that amount up in the MFP database to get a general idea of the calories count.