Protein??

Options
I can't afford to buy whey protein atm, any ideas for what I could substitute it with? Thanks!

Replies

• Tujitsu56
    Tujitsu56 Posts: 392 Member
    Options
    tuna fish, eggs....
  • kristilovescake
    kristilovescake Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    I would just eat stuff with more protein: fish, chicken, egg whites, milk, yogurt, nuts...
  • Mingyming
    Options
    3 ounces of chicken is 22 grams of protein.
  • Hfox3953
    Hfox3953 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I would just eat stuff with more protein: fish, chicken, egg whites, milk, yogurt, nuts...

Agreed. Don't forget that lean red meat is a good source of protein as well.
  • FatDadSlim
    FatDadSlim Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    Gammon
  • GouchisGirl
    GouchisGirl Posts: 321 Member
    Options

Even a simple peanut butter sandwich is an awesome source of protein... just don't get to crazy with the peanut butter ;)
  • j4zzy
    j4zzy Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Greek yogurt is amazing and has a bit of protein in it.
  • qkiley
    qkiley Posts: 65
    Options
    Not sure if it would help, but I buy Pure Protein powder from Target. It is $18 and lasts me about a month or two if I use it only after I lift.
  • LEdana
    LEdana Posts: 10
    Options
    Chobani has 15gr of protein eat it after your workout should help out
  • dessiepenn
    dessiepenn Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    I love turkey bacon!! I'll snack on that all day
  • Hfox3953
    Hfox3953 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Not sure if it would help, but I buy Pure Protein powder from Target. It is $18 and lasts me about a month or two if I use it only after I lift.

I used to use pure protein. It's a good supplement. Fairly cheap. Lasts a while depending on how much you need throughout the day. And it's great to use in breakfast/snack smoothies.
  • servilia
    servilia Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options

Even a simple peanut butter sandwich is an awesome source of protein... just don't get to crazy with the peanut butter ;)

Be careful there, actually peanut butter is not a great source of protein when you look at the protein per calorie content. Not a great source at all. Not a bad food but for someone on a cal deficit it's not the most efficient way to get it.
    Better off with fish, chicken, meat, egg whites, plain greek yogurt.
  • wellbert
    wellbert Posts: 3,924 Member
    Options
    edamame. They are like little protein/fiber pills.
  • morganhccstudent724
    morganhccstudent724 Posts: 1,261 Member
    Options
    there's your problem. you're on the wrong end.

Best MFP response for the day
  • Scott613
    Scott613 Posts: 2,317 Member
    Options
    Hmmmm do you have a boyfriend?

Because if you have a boyfriend he can buy it for you:wink:
  • MissDiscipline
    Options
    Wow, thanks for all the replies! :smile: All of your ideas are great, only thing is I live in The Netherlands and they don't sell those products here :frown: So I was thinking more along the lines of any natural subs, like someone said eggs, banana, yogurt etc. How much is enough after a hard workout?

I'd love to know of a egg shake/snack/protein packed bomb or whatnot that I could make for myself after lifting. :smile: I really want to bulk up, just not sure it will be possible without getting my post-workout protein. Now I just have a banana , just not sure that's enough?
  • MissDiscipline
    Options

haha :D I wish!
  • SimplyShanRunning
    SimplyShanRunning Posts: 885 Member
    Options

Awww your such a big help!!
  • k2quiere
    k2quiere Posts: 4,151 Member
    Options
    I would try brotein™ it is delicious and loaded with vitamin S

Where can we find this?? :huh:
  • chocolateandvodka
    chocolateandvodka Posts: 1,856 Member
    Options
    there's your problem. you're on the wrong end.

Best MFP response for the day

i concur.