Need some advice! Counting Calories and Exercising

Options
I started off on October 20th my healthy lifestyle. I am currently down to 164.5 as of last week thursday (haven't weighed myself yet). I have been counting my calories, only drinking water (with my daily cup of coffee) and exercising 4-5 days a week about 20-25 min mixed workout. I want to lose 35lbs. I want to attain this in 5-6 months keeping up with the current schedule I have. Is it ok? Advice from anyone would be appreciated~ :happy:

Replies

• teamnevergoingback
    teamnevergoingback Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    If you put all this information info MFP settings, it will tell you how many calories to eat per day and how many minutes to exercise to reach your goal in this amount of time.
  • kristilovescake
    kristilovescake Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    Why the time restraint?

It's best to just take it one day and one week at a time, but you should be able to lose 1lb a week if you meet your goal on MFP and have it set for 1 lb a week.
  • teamnevergoingback
    teamnevergoingback Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    Go to SETTINGS >> Update Fitness Profile ... it will ask how much weight you want to lose and by when...
  • Sidesteal
    Sidesteal Posts: 5,510 Member
    Options
    It depends entirely on your diet. Your goal is a bit on the aggressive end of things considering your weight, unless of course you're 4'10", but it might be doable.
  • ihern6334
    ihern6334 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2" so I guess it might be possible. I need to lose at least 30 lbs to be within the normal BMI range.
  • ihern6334
    ihern6334 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    If you put all this information info MFP settings, it will tell you how many calories to eat per day and how many minutes to exercise to reach your goal in this amount of time.

thanks. I did and it would take about 5-6 months exactly if I lose at least 1 lb a week. I think that's on the safe and healthy side :)