I CHEATED TODAY

Options
I feel soooo terrible, I messed up my meal plan for today. I am going to the gym tonight, however, I feel like this is such a set back. I have learned my lesson, it is so not worth it.:cry::cry: :sad: :sad:

Replies

• proverbs31chick
    proverbs31chick Posts: 485 Member
    Options
    I feel soooo terrible, I messed up my meal plan for today. I am going to the gym tonight, however, I feel like this is such a set back. I have learned my lesson, it is so not worth it.:cry::cry: :sad: :sad:
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options

well it is good that you are goin to the gym tonight

we all have to live and learn

hang in there:smile:
  • MyaPapaya75
    MyaPapaya75 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    Cheating isnt eating something bad ......its hard to think you have messed up your meal plan for the whole day when the day isnt done yet? cant u just start fresh this minute and eat sensible the rest of the day even if your over on calories?...dont cheat yourself out of feeling good about the decisions you make.
  • proverbs31chick
    Options
    Yes I can and will do that. Thanks so much for the support guys!!!:wink:
  • adopt4
    adopt4 Posts: 970 Member
    Options
    yep and just work off what you went over if at all possible - then no harm is done.
  • paddlemom
    paddlemom Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    I SO hate the term "cheated"! If we are making a lifestyle change, then there is no such thing as cheating.

You made a less than healthy food choice and now you need to balance that out. Change up your meals for the rest of the day (eat lighter, but don't starve yourself!!!) and get some exercise. Be aware that you over did it today, so you don't make a habit of it. Everyone indulges themself once in awhile and don't consider it cheating. They just make sure that the good days and healthy choices stay way ahead of the bad ones.

That's what I like best about MFP- it reminds me to keep working on making the good days a habit by seeing that the bad ones are becoming less frequent.

It's not about giving you permission to be indulgent, just forgiving. When we beat ourselves up it just tends to feed the problems that got us here in the first place (no pun intended!)
  • proverbs31chick
    Options
    I love what you said about cheating, that is so true. Never looked at it like that.
  • paddlemom
    paddlemom Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    Thanks! I've been trying to watch the habits of my 'skinny' friends (I tend to be surrounded by nutritionists and athletes!) and I noticed that they don't NEVER have any of the "good stuff" - they just don't have the burger, cheesecake and mochachinno all on the same day!!!!
  • FitnessGeek
    FitnessGeek Posts: 487
    Options
    I SO hate the term "cheated"! If we are making a lifestyle change, then there is no such thing as cheating.

You made a less than healthy food choice and now you need to balance that out. Change up your meals for the rest of the day (eat lighter, but don't starve yourself!!!) and get some exercise. Be aware that you over did it today, so you don't make a habit of it. Everyone indulges themself once in awhile and don't consider it cheating. They just make sure that the good days and healthy choices stay way ahead of the bad ones.

That's what I like best about MFP- it reminds me to keep working on making the good days a habit by seeing that the bad ones are becoming less frequent.

It's not about giving you permission to be indulgent, just forgiving. When we beat ourselves up it just tends to feed the problems that got us here in the first place (no pun intended!)
    :heart: Love it. :heart:
  • jennlos
    jennlos Posts: 200
    Options
    Don't feel bad I pretty much cheated for a month. I have slipped and not counted calories for a month and luckily have not gained because I have been working out alot. But I am the same.. I feel like a failure because I worked hard with my exercise but it was a waste because I have not watch my calories. Don't let yourself feel so down because of one day at least you are putting yourself back in check quickly. Good luck!!!