Another 20 GONE!!!

Options
Well, actually 22 lbs gone!!! I posted back in the beginning of February that I lost 10 lbs. and that I would post everytime I lost another 10. So here is my post and motivation for all of you out there.

The weight is coming off faster than I expected. I also dug out all my size 12's that I couldn't even button in November and they are fit me perfectly.

I have no secrets and I AM NOT taking diet pills. I just follow this site and exercise and yes, I do eat my exercise calories and I am still losing.

See ya in 8 more pounds when I hit 30!!!

Replies

• rem1979
    rem1979 Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    Well, actually 22 lbs gone!!! I posted back in the beginning of February that I lost 10 lbs. and that I would post everytime I lost another 10. So here is my post and motivation for all of you out there.

The weight is coming off faster than I expected. I also dug out all my size 12's that I couldn't even button in November and they are fit me perfectly.

I have no secrets and I AM NOT taking diet pills. I just follow this site and exercise and yes, I do eat my exercise calories and I am still losing.

See ya in 8 more pounds when I hit 30!!!
  • tiangelah
    tiangelah Posts: 144
    Options
    You go girl. What the heck am I doing wrong? I have only lost 1 pound. I have been doing this for almost two months now. Well I am happy for everyone. Maybe I need to take crack to lose some weight. lol just joking. just say no to drugs.
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Options
    Rem, great job!!

It's a great feeling isn't it?? And you're right, it IS a lot easier and comes off faster than you think. Just do it, take it a week at a time and before long those weeks add up! And you CAN eat and lose weight. Everyone needs to understand that.

I myself have lost 68 lbs as of today (had a 3 lb loss this week). If I can do it, ANYONE can!
  • tiangelah
    Options
    Rem, great job!!

It's a great feeling isn't it?? And you're right, it IS a lot easier and comes off faster than you think. Just do it, take it a week at a time and before long those weeks add up! And you CAN eat and lose weight. Everyone needs to understand that.

I myself have lost 68 lbs as of today (had a 3 lb loss this week). If I can do it, ANYONE can!
    Well maybe God is playing a cruel trick on me. Who knows what is in his master plan. But I am going to keep on trucking. Dang 3 lbs in a week. I think I would kill for a 3lb loss.
  • GTOgirl1969
    GTOgirl1969 Posts: 2,527 Member
    Options
    Good job!! Way to go!!:drinker:
  • Helawat
    Helawat Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    w00t!!!
  • Families_R_Forever
    Options
    Nice!!!:flowerforyou:
  • rem1979
    Options
    You go girl. What the heck am I doing wrong? I have only lost 1 pound. I have been doing this for almost two months now. Well I am happy for everyone. Maybe I need to take crack to lose some weight. lol just joking. just say no to drugs.

Is that you in the picture??? Wow girl, you look good.

I looked at your profile and you only have 16 lbs to lose. I hear once you get closer to your goal or ideal weight, it will go much slower. When I started, I had 65 lbs to lose and when you have more to lose, it will come off faster initially. I currently have 44 lbs to go but I am aware that it will slow down eventually.

This past week I had a 5 lb loss but I was sick and not exercising so I am thinking I lost muscle mass. I will see next Wednesday if I lose, gain or stay the same.
  • catlover
    catlover Posts: 389
    Options
    This is encouraging to all of us who follow the plan and are losing more slowly, we love to hear the successes of others...

good job :wink:
  • auntkaren
    auntkaren Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    Congratulations:drinker: :drinker: :drinker: your testimony helps me to stay with it.:drinker:
  • lizburnsyb
    Options
    Congratulations!! It's stories like these that keep me motivated! I fell a little behind on my vacation, but I guess I just have to pick myself up and start again! :smile:
  • SheIsVirgo
    Options
    :drinker: :drinker: Awesome:drinker:

Keep up the great work, looking forward to seeing you when you lose the next 8!!!

:smile:
  • kanncm
    kanncm Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    You are doing a great job- WOW! Keep it up!
  • deanea
    deanea Posts: 1,437
    Options
    :bigsmile:
  • kimd983
    kimd983 Posts: 39
    Options
    oh CONGRATS TO YOU! Your such an inspiriation!!!!!!
  • rem1979
    Options
    Thank you all for your kind words. I would have never thought 9 weeks ago I would be posting this message but for all of you out there just beginning or struggling, you will get there.

It takes time and determination.
  • zombiesniper
    Options
    Way to go keep it up.
  • tiangelah
    Options

Is that you in the picture??? Wow girl, you look good.

I looked at your profile and you only have 16 lbs to lose. I hear once you get closer to your goal or ideal weight, it will go much slower. When I started, I had 65 lbs to lose and when you have more to lose, it will come off faster initially. I currently have 44 lbs to go but I am aware that it will slow down eventually.

This past week I had a 5 lb loss but I was sick and not exercising so I am thinking I lost muscle mass. I will see next Wednesday if I lose, gain or stay the same.

Lol girl that aint me. That is how I want to look. I look more like her out of shape sister. lol She is some ms. fitness lady. But i am the biggest i have ever been. Everyone says I dont look bad but I know my body and it is out of shape.
  • enigmakey
    enigmakey Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Hi congratulations! :flowerforyou: Awesome!!! I'm new to the site. I was wondering what exercises your doing and for how long. What type of foods are you eating?Thanks.... any advice would be greatly appreciated.
  • rem1979
    Options
    Hi congratulations! :flowerforyou: Awesome!!! I'm new to the site. I was wondering what exercises your doing and for how long. What type of foods are you eating?Thanks.... any advice would be greatly appreciated.

I go to the gym 3 times a week and go on the elliptical for 45 minutes ( I worked my way up to that long) and I will do machine weights and try to work every muscle group. I don't use very heavy weights, just usually 10-20 reps and 2 sets each.

For breakfast I usually have a bowl of cereal. It varies because I get bored with them with 1/2 cup skim milk. Then a few hours later I have lunch which, if I am ate work, is a WW Smart Ones meal. If I am at home, usually a sandwich. And dinner varies but I like chicken and fish. I also have a snack of usually fruit and milk in the afternoon.

I guess it's not what I eat but what I DON't eat. I make every calories count with eating good for you foods and very occasionally, have something not so good for you. It takes alot of will power to only take a small portion or to skip something I would have loved to eat.

For example, I went out to eat at Bennigan's last week and ordered the grilled salmon, with rice, a skew of shrimp and crab cakes. It also came with cole slaw and a creamy sauce. I got the sauce on the side and only dipped ONCE and I only had one bite of cole slaw. I love cole slaw and their's was so good but it's has so much calories and fat. By not eating those high calorie items, I went over my allowed cals for the day by only a little bit.

It's takes time, don't beat yourself up at the beginning.