night time exercise and i dont want to eat

Options
I am super busy during the day, so i get to work out at night. When i input it on here, it says that i still need to eat more calories... should I? by the time i get done exercising i am so tired and its about 9 at night and i dont want to eat anymore.... any suggestions?

Replies

• TMasticTB
    TMasticTB Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Hi Steph, what are your net calories for your day? If you open up your food diary, it would be easier for us to help :)
  • Alexdur85
    Alexdur85 Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    I eat a large majority of my calories during the day. After a workout (a good one at least) I eat a protein shake and I'm usually full so I don't eat after that.

I say, if you aren't hungry..don't eat..
  • StephConrad
    Options
    I think its available now...
  • lor007
    lor007 Posts: 884 Member
    Options
    Yes, you should eat. If you don't want to eat them all so late and you know you will be exercising, try to spread them throughout the day.
  • TMasticTB
    TMasticTB Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Thanks! You're ok - if you're full, don't worry about it too much. May want to eat a little more if you're going to work out hard like that. If you're hungry, you have some calories to spare. You're just consuming enough to fuel your body.
  • Ruchell
    Ruchell Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    I also usually work out in the evenings and I do better when I'm eating back my exercise calories, so if my workouts/calorie burn are pretty regular I eat them earlier in the day, knowing I will burn later. Another easy thing to do after a workout (when I get home from the gym around 10pm and don't really want to have a meal) is to drink a protien shake or a glass of chocolate milk. It takes up some of the calories without having to eat a ton and the protien/sugar combo helps muscles refuel.
  • determinedcrystal
    determinedcrystal Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    if your not hungry dont eat
  • lor007
    lor007 Posts: 884 Member
    Options
    if your not hungry dont eat

This is not good advice.
  • dedarlin
    dedarlin Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    as long as your NET calories are close to 1200 (this means after you have deducted your exercise) then you don't need to eat back those cals...but if your workouts put you significantly below the 1200 mark then you should eat something, you don't want your body to think it's starving or it will retain fat and you will not lose any weight. if you aren't hungry then make it small, just enough to get you close to 1200. liquid calories (homemade smoothies, protein shakes) are good for night time because you will burn those calories faster, and they don't make you feel super full :) and may i just say that i am soooooo proud of you cuz! you are working so hard, this weight loss/nutrition thing is HARD WORK and you are sticking with it!

my fave smoothie

1/2 cup frozen strawberried
    handful of frozen blueberries/raspberries/or blackberries
    1 banana
    1/2 lowfat or fat free plain yogurt (if you need something sweeter try dannons light and fit vanilla, it's delicious! i make these a few times a week as dessert especially when i am craving sweets and trying to stay away from chocolate :)
    and about 3/4 to 1 cup of skim milk (depending on how thick you like your smoothie)

blend it all up for like 2 minutes and it's yummy, almost as good as icecream and lots of antioxidants :)