Newbie...I hope I'm not the only guy here. :-)

Options
I'm a 40 year-old husband and father.

I've been battling my weight for the past 12 years and am finding it harder to lose like I use to.

I'm hoping this website will help me keep better track of my progress and make me be more accountable.

My overall goal is a healthy lifestyle so I can set a good example for the rest of my family. I don't want to miss out on any more playtime with my daughter.

Thanks and I hope to show some success soon.

Replies

• Sugardaddy
    Options
    I'm a 40 year-old husband and father.

I've been battling my weight for the past 12 years and am finding it harder to lose like I use to.

I'm hoping this website will help me keep better track of my progress and make me be more accountable.

My overall goal is a healthy lifestyle so I can set a good example for the rest of my family. I don't want to miss out on any more playtime with my daughter.

Thanks and I hope to show some success soon.
  • CasperO
    CasperO Posts: 2,913 Member
    Options
    Nope, not the only guy. Lots of us.

I'm a 41 year old dude, fought my weight my whole adult life. Didn't do too bad 'til I quit smoking. Now reducing and getting in better shape.

I teach motorcycle safety classes, which is long hours of walking around on blacktop. I did it last season at 260 pounds, and it about killed me. This winter I saw 270, and at 5'8" tall that's officially ridiculous, and I'm taking it back off, and planning to keep it off.

I'm doing 45 minutes of cardio a day and using the chow diary here - eating (most of) my exercise calories. It's not bad, and it definitely works.

Enjoy, keep us posted. Read the stickies, lotsa good info and encouragement here.

Ciao
  • Tamishumate
    Tamishumate Posts: 1,171 Member
    Options
    Good luck on your journey! :flowerforyou:
  • greysweatshirt
    Options
    Hey there..best of luck with your journey! There are many guys on here too, so no worries!
  • Sugardaddy
    Options
    Thanks everyone!

It's good to know there are guys out there with the same struggle.

Seeing your weight loss updates is very encouraging to me.

Take care.
  • hulkj
    hulkj Posts: 218
    Options
    Welcome!!
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome to MFP, the best website ever. You will love it here. I :heart: this site. It is so motivational, supportive, helpful, and everyone is so nice and friendly here. I just wanted to tell you good luck on your weight loss journey. You can do this.:smile::flowerforyou: :smile: :flowerforyou: :smile: :flowerforyou: :smile: