New and looking for friends!

Options
Hi everyone. My name is Megan and I have been lurking on the site for a while and finally decided to jump in :). I have been using MFP for over 3 weeks now. I also started doing a Boot Camp fitness class three days a week. I've been wanting to lose about 20 pounds for years now and I've finally decided to buckle down and do it. I've used other calorie counting sites before and always give up after a few weeks because I don't lose much weight if any at all.

I started at 154 pounds and yesterday the scale said 150 so YAY for progress!!! I'm 5'2" and my goal is to be around 130 pounds. What's frustrating though is the constant up and down of the scale. I know I should just stay away from it. One day it will say 150.7 and the next it will be 152.5. I'm trying to do once a week weigh-ins on Wednesdays.

I'm looking for friends for support! Join me :) I hope to get to know you all.

Megan

Replies

• jennyph2006
    jennyph2006 Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    hi I'm Jenny , feel free to add me.
  • kardowling
    kardowling Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Hello, I also want to loose 20. Can't believed I gained it back over the past year. Frustrating,! I have to get back to once a week weigh ins too. Daily makes me crazy! I'm 5 4.5 want to get to 130 also.. Welcome Friend :)
  • oberon0124
    oberon0124 Posts: 10,527 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP my friend. I am always looking for more motivated friends here also. I have lost eighty pounds so far and have eighty four left to go. I would love to be your friend. If not I understand and wish you all the success in your MFP journey!

Have a great day!

Don
    (oberon0124)
  • Hollirot
    Hollirot Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Hi Megan, I'm Holly. :smile:

I'm also shooting for about 20 more pounds. Feel free to add me for support!
  • diddy12
    diddy12 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Hi All,

Im dee, looking to lose 58 pounds - I am happy to meet and have new friends on this journey - whatever diet you embark on it can be pretty lonely when everyone around you can eat whatever they want.

I plan to lose a signigicant amount before the new year so that i can enter 2012 at least half way there - that is my goal - halfway before end of year.

:wink:
  • bkremer1
    bkremer1 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    well like you im new at this but have been with mfp for 90 days and its a great program and i am a man i have been heavy all my life highest weight was 356 so i really know whats its like to be out of control and unhealthy so for years i have been working at it with some sucess i went on weight watchers when i was at 331 lbs lost to 260s and kept it off for several years i started to creep up to the 280s and said its time so i hired a personal trainer and weighed in at 276 and he guided me and i just was ready to do this so i just weight in last night at 235 i have lost 41 lbs and now to your scale question i check myself often just to remind me how easy it is to not be focused i drink alot of water and track my food everyday im still new at it and im no professional by any means but i really push the cardio 1100 cal per hour min 4 days a week which is the hardest part but it works work into it slowly but as my trainer tells me you will see results you can and will do this if your ready be your best supporter your small my wife is same height as you she used to weight 180 now shes in the 115 she teaches zumba and loves to move again you can do this good luck sorry for the rambling on
  • jenniet04
    jenniet04 Posts: 1,054 Member
    Options
    I'm new on mfp also. Have used other sites, but actually like this one better so far. I've been doing this on my own for quite a while and decided I would just go out and ask for some friends also and it's so great having the support. I'm looking to lose about 30 lbs still, just had a baby last December and man it's tough!! Feel free to add me as a friend.
  • bkremer1
    bkremer1 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    you can do it you already made the first step saying i want to do now you just need to get you plan set up and tell your self i can do this i started at 356 lbs and went in stages but now im determined to finish what i started ive lost 41 lbs as of yesterday dow to 235 and i know sounds like broken record but its all mindset you have to say its time im ready and i am willing to knock this out with all the crap thats out there to stand in our way its tought kids husbands or wifes family it comes down to one things YOU so how important are you to yourself so knock this one out you can do this cardio is your best friend trust me i never liked it before now i do min 1 hr 3 times a week and stength train to change it up good luck and be healthy
  • hyperheather
    Options
    You can add me:) I need to lose about 40 lbs. I just started on this sight about 5 days ago. I love it! I need more friends. I am trying to walk/run 5 miles a day combined with high protein, frequent low cal meals. I am 5'5" and weigh 175. I am 35.
  • guntherma
    guntherma Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Nice to meet you. I would love to see you meet your goals. I have been awfully wish/washy on keeping up with this but hope to do good through the holidays. I would like to lose about 40 pounds by next summer. Actually I would be happy with 20 but 40 would be my goal. Good luck to you and have a wonderful weekend.
  • KeyshaKnecht
    Options
    HI Im Keysha looking to start a new outlook on life ive gained around 20 pounds in the last year and now its time for it to go :laugh:
  • zozilla09
    zozilla09 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Hello! I'm a newbie too. I'm looking for a LOT of motivation as I have 100+ pounds to get rid of (don't want to say lose because I certainly don't want to ever 'find' it again). Add me if you'd like!
  • Yary2931
    Yary2931 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Hi, my name is Luz and I have been doing this for 1 1/2 months. I lost 10 lbs so far, however last couple of weeks is getting harder to loose. Welcome aboard and feel free to add me if you wish!!!

Good Luck!
  • Vmonique29
    Vmonique29 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hi, I am Veronica. I am new to MPF. I joined after a recommendation from one of my best friends. I am definitely looking for more support. I am ready to motivate anyone who needs extra encouragement as well. Feel free to send me a friend request!! :flowerforyou:
  • rachey2012
    Options
    HIya all... I have been on here for a while now and to be honest i dont know what id do without this site... i have been on a "lifestyle change" (better than diet) for nearly 2 and a half years.... started my weight loss journey at a 17st 10lbs and a size 24/26.. lost 3st with slimming world then all of a sudden came to a standstill.. went it alone for a couple of months phaffing about then made a choice to join my local Rosemary Conley Class and well i havent looked back .. i am now 13st 13lbs (the lightest ive been in years) and am a 14/16.. i use this site to keep my calorie tracking under some kind of control and have found i have had some great losses on the scales just by staying in control....
    i would love to meet some new people on here to buddy up with that arent taking this too seriously... gotta admit i find some people on here lovely but take it all way too serious- nothing wrong with that but im just not that kinda person ...
    SO... if you are the kinda person looking for motivation, support etc then add me....

i also have the incentive to keep this up i have the added "pressure" of getting married on the 10th march 2012.. not long now and have the constant reminder that my dress can be made smaller but it cant be made bigger so if that aint an inncentive to keep away from the choccys over xmas i dont know what is...
    i have lost a total of 53lbs so far with a way to go....

take care all, :flowerforyou: