Scale moved in the wrong direction

Well I have been going back and forth from 163-166. But last week it went to 162:smile: . And today when I weighed in it was back up to 164..:sad: Im so tired of this. Last night I had a great workout. It felt so good...I thought today it was going to be good. I just don't know what to do to get through this.. Any ideas ?

Replies

• Babrao
    Babrao Posts: 152 Member
    Try not to stress, it could be a number of things including Sodium or maybe TOM? Give it a couple more days to even out.
  • flatbellybella
    flatbellybella Posts: 303 Member
    bump
  • kjloiselle
    kjloiselle Posts: 101 Member
    I only looked at about a week fo your diary, but I say you need to eat more (I know that sounds like the opposite of what you should do). I've had similar thing happen and this week it finally went down 2.2lbs after I started eating more. Also watch sodium, try to keep it under 1500mg (in my opinion)
  • Marcel7
    Marcel7 Posts: 52 Member
    My weight fluctuates some days in the same way. On Monday, I ran 6 miles, walked for 20 minutes, ate less than 1000 calories and drank 7 glasses of water. Nevertheless, I gained 1.8 pounds the next day. What my wife, AngelikaLumiere, says is true: if you keep doing the things you should be doing, the weight will come off. I know it's hard not to worry about these small weight gains--just keep faith that you will lose weight over a period of several days.
  • Melissaol
    Melissaol Posts: 948 Member
    I have a hard time eating when Im not hungry. So what do I do when im not hungry......
  • momma3sweetgirls
    momma3sweetgirls Posts: 743 Member
    I only glanced at the last week and it appears you're not eating your alloted calories. Try eating as close to your target as you can AND eat most of your calories earned through exercise. I guarantee you'll see the scale start to move in the direction you want.
  • I would recommend drinking more water. You would be surprised what a difference it makes. Maybe lower your sodium, and make sure you don't go under 1200 calories too often. It is a journey! Good luck!
  • Melissaol
    I was thinking that it was cuase the last 2 days I could of drank more water.
  • You should weigh yourself only one day a week. Pick a day and weigh in the same time and on the same scale. Your body weight will fluctuate a lot throughout the course of a day and it can be very frustrating especially during the weight loss process. I am part of a biggest loser team and I weigh in once a week where it counts. Throughout the week I do check myself on my scale and there are days when my weight is up or down. But then on Sunday I get my true weight. Hope this helps.
  • momma3sweetgirls
    momma3sweetgirls Posts: 743 Member
    Eat on a schedule rather than wait until you're hungry. Eating at regular intervals (ever 2-3 hours) helps regulate your blood sugar which gives you more energy and will prevent you from overeating at a given meal. I'm rarely hungry because I follow this plan.
  • Melissaol
    My set day to weigh in is Friday morning. Right after I get up and go to the bathroom. I also weigh myself Naked.
  • Try tracking your weight along with your menstrual cycle. It is common to fluctuate 3-5lbs. in your cycle. Some women see higher weight just around ovulation time and others see it just before their period and ovulation time. Also, do you weight yourself the same time every day? If not, the fluctuating numbers could just be whether you ate or drank anything at the time you weighed in or not.
  • Claible
    Claible Posts: 106 Member
    Definatly make sure to eat as close to your alloted calories as possible including your exercise calories. I made this mistake and gaind back 6 lbs. Now that I am eating more I have lost that plus. If your not hungry remember that you don't have to ea a huge meal to get your nutrition. You can eat small items too. Fruits, raw vegies ect. Apples and penut butter is great.
  • Melissaol
    I don't get my periods any more. I had sugery 6 years ago. But that still might make a difference.
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,377 Member
    You could try switching from light cheese to regular, add some avocado to your salad or use a full fat dressing to get some extra calories in. The closer your food is to whole, the less processed it is, which is better for you. Also, 2 alcoholic drinks can affect your fat burning ability by 73%, so you should keep that in mind, too.
  • Try not to stress, it could be a number of things including Sodium or maybe TOM? Give it a couple more days to even out.

^^^^ Agreed.
  • tbrooke2000
    tbrooke2000 Posts: 61 Member
    How is the measurements going? Maybe you are just swapping muscle for the fat... Check that... Some girls say to throw the scales away but I am (sigh) addicted to mine too, but I have been checking my inches in various areas and that gives me more satisfaction...

Good luck and stay strong!
  • Kslice39
    Kslice39 Posts: 146
    Im in the same boat, for a few days i have been going between 181.2 and 181.8(yes the .6 of a lb does matter to me!:laugh: lol) and its been frustrating but i try not to worry because ive been looking back on the past 10 days and all my NSV. I can actually run now and complete a mile, i can button my pants, i drink the right amount of water now, i WANT to work out, etc and the list goes on and on! Try to look at all the small accomplishments you have done. I bet you can run fast or longer, you are eating heathier, you feel happier, etc. Dont worry because stress can effect weight loss/gain. Seriously the more you stress the less you will lose, the mind is an incredible thing! Just wait like a week or two to weight yourself and enjoy all the small things :) promise the scale will move eventually, just give it time and dont stress. Your are probably gaining muscle too! :happy:
  • Melissaol
    When I first started I measured. But I have not measured sends then.