Serious this time!

Options
Hello everyone! I am new to the site and am open to making friends to give and receive support. We started a weight loss competition at our office last week. I balked initially at the thought of them starting it NOW (Thanksgiving...Christmas!!!) Over the weekend I gave it some thought and realized the sooner I start the sooner I can see some results!!!! I am determined to get through the holidays and change my eating habits in the process. I look forward to seeing less of me and winning the money we have put up. This site has already been a blessing to me. One of my co-workers suggested it in an e-mail to all of us at work.
So lets connect!

Replies

• Yougonan
    Options
    Hello everyone! I am new to the site and am open to making friends to give and receive support. We started a weight loss competition at our office last week. I balked initially at the thought of them starting it NOW (Thanksgiving...Christmas!!!) Over the weekend I gave it some thought and realized the sooner I start the sooner I can see some results!!!! I am determined to get through the holidays and change my eating habits in the process. I look forward to seeing less of me and winning the money we have put up. This site has already been a blessing to me. One of my co-workers suggested it in an e-mail to all of us at work.
    So lets connect!
    Well this site is definitely a great place to start. Good luck on your office competition, and keep us updated on your journey!
  • toofat2toofit
    toofat2toofit Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Love the idea of co-workers getting together! Good luck! Add me if you'd like.
  • teezmom
    Options
    Thank you all so much! I will definitely keep you all posted.
    My supervisor rallied everybody together. She even talked our Executive Director into it!
    We have about 15 people competing. There thirteen females and only 2 males. And why is that ? Well there are 5 other men on the staff and they are all well within their BMI range! We made a joke yesterday saying all the women at work are either overweight or obese!!!! LOL It is what it is! However, we have to set an example for the residents we work with. Together...WE WILL!
    Have a health conscious day!
  • annemckee
    annemckee Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    Add me. I have three things going on at the moment. A challenge with my 3 sisters (weigh in Mondays), Scottish Slimmers meetings (weigh in Thursdays) and MFP. I find the two weigh days helps me not to lose focus. I know some folk like once a week but I know I go off the boil mid week. You can check out my profile and add me as a friend if you want.