WHY can't I do this!?

Options
2»

Replies

• Snags
    Snags Posts: 43
    Options
    hey i seen you wanna buy in bulk i wouldnt do that because you are gonna get sick of the same food over and over. take your time shopping look at different things and if u like chocolate they have 100 calorie nutty bars all kinds of things. 163637.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Calorie Counter
  • RKA625
    RKA625 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone. I really do feel a renewed energy after this thread. Tomorrow I'M going food shopping, and getting the stuff I used to get. And really, my kids were eating better too, which should be motivation in itself, shouldn't it?

I'm actually excited to go food shopping again tomorrow. :smile:
  • stratdl
    stratdl Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    A small motivation that works for me when I'm wavering is asking myself, "do you want to be 150 lbs or 140 lbs?" You can obviously insert whatever 10-lb window you're in for this question. I think it works even if your ultimate goal is lots of lbs lost.

When confronted with a choice ("do I really *have* to work out today?"), I reply to myself: "No, you don't. Do you want to be 150 lbs or 140 lbs?" I usually work out then. Or I make sure that I don't go over on the calorie count.

Hope this helps!
  • RKA625
    RKA625 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    hey i seen you wanna buy in bulk i wouldnt do that because you are gonna get sick of the same food over and over. take your time shopping look at different things and if u like chocolate they have 100 calorie nutty bars all kinds of things.

I was only going to buy a few things in bulk, I'm really buying for my family AND myself, my kids and my husband will eat healthy snacks if I buy them, so I'm sure the stuff will go fast. I don't buy everything in bulk, it's way too expensive. Just staples. :wink:
  • naugustyniak
    naugustyniak Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    cuz your fat
    How rude!

I would suggestion re-evaluating your goals & motivation. Why do you want to lose weight? I have found personally that since my motivation is health related and not just for looks, it keeps me motivated to keep going. Good luck!

Not that I'm defending ANYONE who would sit there and call someone "fat" but I think the point may have simply been that... we are all here because we have weight to lose, and yes some of us are more valumptious, and yes, because of that fact it IS hard to give things up, and when you've gone for so long without them, then get back into eating them again...it's hard to get back up and dust yourself off, it's just so much easier to say..."to hell with it, I'm fat....don't care". It's DEFINATELY not the right thing, but it's how some of us think. That's the way I've been thinking for the past 5 years. "I'm fat, if other's don't like it, p%#$ on them" when in reality, I was only defending myself, to myself. I did care, I do care, and that's why I'm here. I've lost 9 pounds, and that's the most I've EVER lost, and it feel great, and it keeps me motivated. Find what makes you motivated, and think about it, get up, and move. You'll find your groove!

Also, "Benzrich" - chill out. Take it easy. Try to be a bit more considerate eh?
    I mean seriously, do YOU like being called "fat". We don't need reminders!

ALC

178464.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Easy Calorie Counting

That person did it because he/she is mean and cruel and has nothing better to do than sit around and bash someone else....no other reason. He/she probably sits around all day and tries to find sites like this to try to hurt people's feelings for the fun of it.
  • fitgal411
    fitgal411 Posts: 668
    Options
    cuz your fat
    How rude!

I would suggestion re-evaluating your goals & motivation. Why do you want to lose weight? I have found personally that since my motivation is health related and not just for looks, it keeps me motivated to keep going. Good luck!

Not that I'm defending ANYONE who would sit there and call someone "fat" but I think the point may have simply been that... we are all here because we have weight to lose, and yes some of us are more valumptious, and yes, because of that fact it IS hard to give things up, and when you've gone for so long without them, then get back into eating them again...it's hard to get back up and dust yourself off, it's just so much easier to say..."to hell with it, I'm fat....don't care". It's DEFINATELY not the right thing, but it's how some of us think. That's the way I've been thinking for the past 5 years. "I'm fat, if other's don't like it, p%#$ on them" when in reality, I was only defending myself, to myself. I did care, I do care, and that's why I'm here. I've lost 9 pounds, and that's the most I've EVER lost, and it feel great, and it keeps me motivated. Find what makes you motivated, and think about it, get up, and move. You'll find your groove!

Also, "Benzrich" - chill out. Take it easy. Try to be a bit more considerate eh?

ALC

That person did it because he/she is mean and cruel and has nothing better to do than sit around and bash someone else....no other reason. He/she probably sits around all day and tries to find sites like this to try to hurt people's feelings for the fun of it.

True! Click on his "post number" and you can see that there were many others he decided to put down. It's RUDE!
  • Amber42803
    Amber42803 Posts: 143
    Options
    cuz your fat
    How rude!

ALC

True! Click on his "post number" and you can see that there were many others he decided to put down. It's RUDE!

You know, you guys are probably right, he proabably was just trying to be an *kitten*, and he succeded, but you know I tell myself the same thing... when I have a bad day, I think , "WHY am I having such a hard time with this?!?!" and my answer to myself is always, "Because you're fat". Like I said, I'm not defending him, I'm just saying... we're all guilty of putting someone down, even if that someone is ourselves.

I WANT TO MAKE IT PERFECTLY CLEAR THAT I DO NOT AGREE WITH WHAT HE SAID. I THINK HE WAS IN FACT BEING AN INCONSIDERATE JERK. :frown: :frown: :frown: :frown: :frown: :frown: :frown:
  • lnhammond
    lnhammond Posts: 10
    Options
    I'd love to join a weight loss team!! Sign me up for sure! I need some more accountability weekly!
  • modelgirl
    modelgirl Posts: 32
    Options
    I think it is in your mind. you are like summer is almost here soooooo.
    it's alright just take a minute and say tomorrow I am starting over.
    I do the samething sometimes good luck