A newbie from the gulf coast ready to meet new friends on my

Options
Hey all, I'm a newbie to the site, and I joined in hopes of not only losing weight but gaining confidence, health and new friends along my journey. I am 24, a mom of 2 boys 5 & 7, as well as a full time medical assistant & a hopeful soon to be member of the USAF! I'd love to meet new people so if anyone is interested feel free to add me! =D

Replies

• lniffa
    lniffa Posts: 718 Member
    Options
    Welcome! You will love it here. I will add you
  • rmartin72
    rmartin72 Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    Pleasure to meet you tsmith5687, Nice meet some from the Gulf Coast area. I'm Robert from Wiggins area. Congratulations on coming to MFP!!
  • Jennieam
    Jennieam Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP. I too have tried many ways in the past to lose weight - most with some degree of success, but I always tend to put on at least some of the weight, once I have "finished the program"!

I'm sure that once you start monitoring your intake of food/drink (keeping to your daily calorie allowance, drinking 8 glasses of water per day, watching your "fat" intake), and doing some exercise (and eating most of your "exercise calories"), you will find that you lose weight. Along the way you will discover you also lose inches, and regain fitness and stamina.

Good luck in meeting your objectives.
  • tsmith5687
    tsmith5687 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Thank you guys, I can already tell I made the right choice by joining here, everyone is so supportive and nice!
  • dillard_kelly
    Options
    Welcome aboard ! Its a great way to get support and motivation ! I'll add ya ! :flowerforyou: welcome
  • cgd67
    cgd67 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Welcome, all the best on your journey!