Replies

• mrsvatitagain
    mrsvatitagain Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    I tell everyone!!!! And I use the app on my iPhone all day long! LOVE IT!~
  • luppic8
    luppic8 Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    I just recruited two co-workers and my sister. I use the app on my phone...I love it.
  • BigCed77024
    BigCed77024 Posts: 1,115 Member
    Options
    I tried to tell people about it in the beginning...but they don't seem to get it so I don't bother anymore. Plus, I think I secretly want to keep it to myself! If I didn't have the app on my phone I don't know what I would do!!

Ok Quiche..I added people and a couple are still going strong but a couple faked. I send my posts to facebook so if they wanna click on the link they will find my page. The person who brought me on here is hardly ever on here..lol But I have found some cool friends.
  • ceannesjourney
    Options
    I tell everyone and a few have joined too but have stopped very shortly afterwards...I think you REALLY have to want this for it to work. I use the bb app if I have to but don't like it much. I use the website or iPad app mostly.
  • Artemis_Acorn
    Artemis_Acorn Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    I plug it on to family and friends on Facebook at every 10 pound mark. So four times so far. I've only had a few people who wanted to talk about it, so I figure that gives them enough information that if they want to pursue it, they know it's out there.
  • persephone87
    persephone87 Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    I tell anyone about it I don't mind, I think its a great way to keep track of your food and exercise and get added support and advice. I don't have the app on my phone because I dont have a smartphone.
  • wiglet23
    wiglet23 Posts: 887 Member
    Options
    I tell people who ask. It's also linked to my Facebook so my friends there may notice it, but no one has really asked there. I do love the app (Android here) and the barcode scanner comes in REAL handy.
  • marky54
    marky54 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Love the MFP app for my phone, believe that's what keeps me on track and has made me successful even when I eat things I shouldn't!

I agree. I have it on my IPod Touch. I now can control myself when I'm out and about more easily. Then when I get home the app syncs with the laptop and I have uptodate info. FANTASTIC

I tell everyone I use MFP and may have got some of them looking to use it too.
  • Ely82010
    Ely82010 Posts: 1,998 Member
    Options
    I access the MFP website from my PC or my husband's notebook when we travel. I just have a regular cell phone, no apps, no internet.

I don't tell anybody about MFP, except my husband and children, because people think that I am nuts (probably true), and I don't want to start a conversation that will not end up in a good way.

People want to lose weight in an easy way, and as soon as I explain that the key is “calories and exercise tracking” they just shrug their shoulder, put an ugly face, turn green, open their mouth, and say “what, too much work.”
  • Fit4Kateri
    Fit4Kateri Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I've said something to a co-worker that is doing WW and my immediate family knows I use it. It's hard to be a secret at home when I'm planning their dinners using the website. When I go home for Thanksgiving I'm showing my father the website. He's having health issues and I think it would be a great tool for him to use in watching his cholesterol.

I use the iphone app a lot.
  • sharonsjones
    sharonsjones Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    I found the MFP phone app on my iphone and used it for awhile before I even realized there was a website! I log all my food on the app. My husband uses it too and he has lost 28lbs since he has started using it. I tell everyone about MFP I think it is great!!
  • SDkitty
    SDkitty Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    I tell lots of people about it whenever I'm asked about my weight loss! As for the apps, I have a blackberry so the app kind of sucks for me but I still use it to track stuff when I'm out and about so I don't forget about it and then can adjust the items when I'm home.

LLAP :flowerforyou:
  • bcampbell54
    bcampbell54 Posts: 932 Member
    Options
    I tell everybody who asks my "secret." Strange, if I told them I lost weight with a pill, or some crackpot chemical-centered diet, I'm sure they would all do it, but I haven't seen any of them sign up here.
    Maybe I will charge them for the advice, and they'll take it seriously.
    Yes, I use the iPhone app; it's limited, but will do in a pinch.
  • dckim
    dckim Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    bump