How would you log this?

Options
I'm volunteering tonight at a Veterans Day banquet as a server. Basically, taking drink orders, delivering all the courses, clearing tables as needed, refilling drinks, etc. Basically, I'll be on my feet walking around (likely very briskly) for 1.5-2 hours, I'm guessing. I don't want to go out and buy a pedometer, nor do I have the time. What do you think?

Replies

• JacksMom12
    JacksMom12 Posts: 1,044 Member
    Options
    I'm volunteering tonight at a Veterans Day banquet as a server. Basically, taking drink orders, delivering all the courses, clearing tables as needed, refilling drinks, etc. Basically, I'll be on my feet walking around (likely very briskly) for 1.5-2 hours, I'm guessing. I don't want to go out and buy a pedometer, nor do I have the time. What do you think?

http://www.csgnetwork.com/caloriesactburned.html

There is an option for "waiting tables-general" or something like that on there. You can add it in manually into MFP. That's what I would do. HTH
  • VikingTrainer
    Options
    Log it as 1.75 hours of fast walking, pace of 3-4 mph.
  • SergeantSunshine_reused
    Options
    I wouldn't log it personally, just consider it as a bonus :]
  • Hayesgang
    Options
    ^^This^^
  • Fatbuster205
    Fatbuster205 Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    Check out the logging but definitely record but only if this is outside the norm! And have a hot bath to relax after!!!!!!!
  • AshleyAmmerman
    Options
    I wouldn't log it as fast pace, as you will probably not do it continuously (stopping to pour drinks and what not) Your heart rate will not get too high at all. Log it as slow pace if ya log it at all. I also personally wouldn't. Since without a calorie counter kind of hard to truly tell.
  • 12skipafew99100
    12skipafew99100 Posts: 1,669 Member
    Options
    This sounds like general work. Do you record your working hours?
  • yesthistime
    yesthistime Posts: 2,051 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't log it, just in case your estimate of calories burned is way off (especially if you tend to eat your exercise calories).
  • shellyc7182
    shellyc7182 Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    This is not something I generally do. This is a one-time volunteer thing. And it is a banquet, so from the time I got there at 5:30, we started serving drinks, and I was the lucky one to carry the very heavy tray around to all 48 8-tops while my fellow workers unloaded it as I was holding it. Back and forth, back and forth... Then when service started, it was run to the kitchen, grab a couple plates, run to the table, back to the kitchen, back to the tables.... 48 TABLES! I literally worked up a sweat! Service finally stopped at 7:30, then we cleaned up after the program was over. So yeah, I logged it, but only gave myself ONE hour of brisk walking! Didn't leave till 9:30. And it was a very rewarding experience!
  • brocantrs
    brocantrs Posts: 273 Member
    Options

I wouldn't.