Wii fit, biggest loser, etc

Options
I was wondering if anybody on here has lost any weight using the Wii exercise games..or if they're mostly a waste a time..
I have a few ones from years ago..but after a week or two quit on them..should I start up again..or just focus on the gym?

Replies

• MrsPeavley
    MrsPeavley Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    I use wii Zumba and golds gym dance cardio they make me sweat and usually play for 30-60 minutes I count them a exercise and have lost 16 lbs in 55 days!
  • runiechica
    runiechica Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    I also stopped using Wii Fit too...I feel like it's most helpful aspect was the scale and tracking weight/goals.

I do like Wii Active 2 a lot though. I would recommend that for something you can do at home if that's what you're looking for.
  • tcdawley78
    tcdawley78 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I do both, but to begin with I just used wiifit plus and lost over 60lbs... I do strength training now, too... But until I built up to it, all I did was exercise on the wii... :-D
  • mistresseeyore
    mistresseeyore Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    I've lost 34 pounds on the Wii Fit.
  • AMANDAHORSTMAN
    AMANDAHORSTMAN Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    When you track your exercise there are even some Wii activities listed. I love to box on my Wii and play all the dancing games, if you get into it it can be really fun and you def work up a sweat!
  • AMANDAHORSTMAN
    AMANDAHORSTMAN Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    When you track your exercise there are even some Wii activities listed. I love to box on my Wii and play all the dancing games, if you get into it it can be really fun and you def work up a sweat!
  • ccpace4
    ccpace4 Posts: 100
    Options
    oh okay..I'll start trying to use it again :) I forgot about the strength training..I did like some of those exercises lol
  • Mishy
    Mishy Posts: 1,551 Member
    Options
    I don't think any exercise is a waste of time, and have used Wii games as an option.
  • MelB124
    Options
    I'm new to MFP and I'm just learning the ropes. I have the Wii and I love it. I wish there was more and by the sounds of it there is. Is it something that can just be picked up at the game store? I would love to get the Zumba dance one. I want a fast paced worked out that isn't just a bunch of crunches etc. Anything dance like would be great. Any info would appreciated. I'm also looking for support so if you want to friend me, please do. Thanks.
  • rlrichardson
    Options
    I've lost 32 pounds since May (29 tracked on MFP). I've used the Wii Fit and Wii Active 2 and tracked calories. I've been walking as well, but the Wii is the best option for me with two small children and a full-time job! I can do it whenever I get a chance and my kids cheer me on! I love the Active 2 step aerobics, kickboxing, etc. I think that is an intense workout if your do it long enough!!! And the resistance band is great for toning!
  • 81Kyra
    81Kyra Posts: 115
    Options
    I have been using The Biggest Looser for the Wii for about 3wks and it has really good work outs I have lost about 9lbs since starting it, however the loss is not solely because of the game I walk a lot also and eat around 1200cals but I love the game!
    Is it something that can just be picked up at the game store?

Yes Game stop is where I got my game you can also get them from Target and Walmart etc...
  • wellbert
    wellbert Posts: 3,924 Member
    Options
    Wii fit burns very little calories. A lot of the games have some interruptions that are annoying. Still, better than sitting on the butt.
  • fatguyweightloss
    Options
    Just use Wii fit for scale which is actually pretty accurate (accurate up to 0.1 lb and comes up with the same number as the high end digitial scales at my gym) lost most of my weight without really exercising...
  • JoJoSouthgate
    Options
    It's called Wii FIT not Wii LOOSE WEIGHT. This was a common complaint when it all first came out, they released a statement saying that it's not a weight loss programme it's a Fitness programme. You only burn calories purely because you're exercising - but the exercises are purely for keeping fit so don't be fooled.
    That's why - if you've noticed - once you do one workout you haven't lost many calories. I use it every so often as part of my fitness programme (my aim is to loose a few pounds and get fit) but I don't rely on it for loosing weight.

If you want a game on the Wii that will help you loose weight then the Wii Zumba and the Lets Dance games have had some excellent reviews because you're more physically active during those games so you're loosing more calories.
    The EA Active is suppose to aid weight loss too as it's mainly cardiobased so gets your heart rate up alot and you're moving around alot too so, again, loosing more calories - but I got fed up with this game because the leg strap kept falling down & the resistant band broke and it wasn't very good at tracking your movement so kept stopping halfway through to tell you to do it properly!!

My advice would be to buy the more active games with more lively, heart pounding movements on them and just use the Wii Fit every so often for a bit of a change =)