Breakfast ideas?

Options
bricker
bricker Posts: 2 Member
Hi everyone out there!

I was just wondering if anyone out there had any good breakfast ideas for me. Looking for something fast and easy to make, but healthy and filling - and low calorie, of course!

I've been using this site for about a month and been losing weight which I'm very happy about! Breakfast is my weakness though - I've been eating a bowl of cereal and some fruit for breakfast every morning but find I'm already hungry about an hour later. Plus its getting a little monotonous. I'd love to find something that would tide me over until at least late morning or lunch if I could.

Best of luck to all of you and thanks for all the help!

Replies

• kathyvdh
    kathyvdh Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I do oatmeal quite often too. I have been adding a little cinnamon because I have read that cinnamon helps in weight loss too. I can't remember what it is supposed to do, but I am willing to try anything!
  • pagett1969
    pagett1969 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Hi treebs I would like to know more. You can email me or post it. Jandjquarterhorses@netzero.net
  • treebs
    Options
    Thank you pagett1969...

I hope you like the shake, I have been taking it for almost 6 weeks now and am still not tired of it, I actually enjoy having it every morning! I am doing great!! I have lost about 4 inches since Feb 11th and am now down to 179 lbs... 15 lbs in 7 weeks! I feel great! I really don't struggle too much with the sweets temptations, thank goodness. I think my body doesn't crave them because I haven't had them. I found a new snack that I really enjoy, Kashi Crunch... you can get it in the health food section, I just have half a serving for a morning or afternoon break, 90 calories and very little fat and carbs, great fiber! Taste good too! I have really been trying to keep my fat intake around 30 grams and I think it is making a huge difference for me... I am also trying to get the good fat, the Omega-3 fats... I get these from walnuts and some new salmon patties I got at Costco! They are wonderful! I wouldn't have salmon and walnuts in one day, because that would blow my 30 grams of protein way out of wack!! But I plan to alternate, this gets you your daily suggested amount of omega 3 fats... I am also taking Tonalin CLA along with my vitamins daily. It is a dietary suppliment that you can get at any vitamin shop that helps keep the fat from being deposited in your system. If you do a search for CLA on google you can read about it! I have noticed a drop in my body fat percentage since starting to take it a little over a week ago. It builds up your lean muscle mass which increases your metabolism and etc... Don't take my word for it, look into it for yourself!

I have also really pushed myself to pump up my workouts. I am doing the Walk Away The Pounds 3 mile walk daily! I am also waiting on my new CD's for my Core Secrets Ball! I am hoping that the basics work out will be more intense than the Give me 20 that came with it and I can then get back to alternating the walking and ball every other day!

Well, I hope some of this helps you! I love hearing from you and thank you for the encouragement! Have a great week!
    treebs
  • kathyvdh
    kathyvdh Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your success. 15 pounds in 7 weeks is perfect! I am jealous. I've been stuck the last few days, but haven't been working too hard at it either. Am painting the exercise room so until it is done, the equipment isn't accessible. I have been working at it for 6 hours already today, but will have it almost done tonight! You have motivated me to try harder. Thanks alot. I think I will check out the Tonalin CLA as well.

Thanks so much. Keep us posted. We all need each other. Have a great week too!
  • tamnel
    tamnel Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    The English Muffin has been so wonderful. I have been taking 1/2 slice & doing peanut butter or taking low calorie shaved lunch meat & putting mustard on it. Recently, I came across a small package of Canadian Bacon in the breakfast isle by (sausage, bacon) and it comes in small,round slices. It is 3 slices per serving for 70 calories. I have put that on 1/2 English Muffin w/ mustard. Really good. I seem to stay full till lunch. Or I eat a Special K breakfast bar (90 calories) w/ cup of milk or juice.
    Hope this gives some extra ideas!

Tam
  • sopre1
    sopre1 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Fiber one Cereal! It will make you feel full with very little calories. Add some blueberries and strawberries for even more flavor!
  • soccermommie02
    Options
    I get up in the morning and walk 2 miles. when i get home my body is needing energy to burn fat. I eat 2 packet of Weight smart oatmeal . Its turn to energy quicker and keeps me fuller longer
  • cltimes2
    Options
    I love Starbucks...
    I have a grande cappuccino w/ equal (80 cals) and then I munch on a serving of spoon size frosted shredded mini-wheats. It's like eating a bowl of cereal but I get my coffee fix and the shredded mini-wheats are great to munch on. They hold over until lunch w/ no problem.
  • hjcopeland
    hjcopeland Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Here's a quick and easy (and healthy) way to cook an egg:
    1. Crack an egg into a regular sized coffee cup.
    2. Place the cup in the microwave for 15 seconds.
    3. Take it out and "swirl" it around until the egg becomes "unstuck" from the sides of the cup.
    4. Repeat steps 2 & 3, but reduce the time to 10 seconds, then 5 seconds when it is almost done (if needed).
    You might have to experment with the times depending on your microwave, mine is ususally after 15 sedonds, 10 seconds, 10 seconds. The trick is not to let the egg "expode". Once you have the times figured out, you can cook an egg perfectly in about 40 seconds, and it fits perfectly on a whole wheat english muffin!
  • lynnebill
    Options
    egg beaters, with some mushrooms or onions sauteed ,and or oatmeal. Protein will help, and eating less sugar.
  • matthewsmomma
    Options
    Hey Treebs, could you email me that recipie for your shake?

my email is Cposeley35@yahoo.com
    hope to hear from you soon!!!
  • msujdak
    msujdak Posts: 141
    Options
    I love to start my day with either a non-fat yogurt smoothie made with 1/2 cup vanilla fat-free yogurt, a splash of juice and a 1/2 cup blue or black berries. Add a hard boiled egg and you've got a high protien, low fat , carb balanced breakfast. If you sip it slow, it will hold you over, but remember it's important to have a mid-morning snack. you shouldn't try to make it all the way until lunch.
  • cleo77
    cleo77 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    1 cup of soy or milk, 1 banana, and 1 tbsp of sugar free peanut butter and blend all ingredients for 30seconds. Very filling, high in protein, and keeps me going till lunch, especially before a workout.
  • liz89118
    liz89118 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Vita top muffins are great too!!! They have both muffins and muffin tops they are so good, grab one from the freezer section. It takes about 10 min to defrost good for the drive to work.

Good luck
  • snorth
    Options
    An idea from Dr. Oz...a whole wheat english muffin toasted w/ a Boca chicken patty (spicy or orig)...add some pickles and it tastes like chik fil a...229 calories...yum, my new fav...
  • emoff3
    Options
    I'm new to this site, but I LOVE everyone's ideas. I'm extremely bad about not eating breakfast. I hate pretty much all breakfast food, but just a suggestion to whomever may read this, I've heard that green tea jump starts the metabolism and is really good for loosing weight. I have green tea bags from the grocery store that I just put into hot water and take it with me. So, even though this is all I do for breakfast, I thought it might be a good morning beverage to try along with whatever else you eat.:)
  • cwalbrj
    Options
    My favorite low-cal breakfast: toasted whole wheat english muffin (130 cals). Six slices of Deli style ham (50 cals) heated in microwave. One piece of fat-free American cheese (30 cals) . A nice and warm ham/cheese muffin. Total calories: 210. Fills me up, warms me up and keeps me full until lunchtime.
  • Skinnier_Me
    Skinnier_Me Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    I found this site today and there are so many catergories to choose from(low cal, low fat, low carb, vegetarian for breakfast, lunch, dinner, desserts... everything!!)
    http://www.fabulousfoods.com/recipes/

The nutrition facts are not listed so you can go here:
    http://recipes.sparkpeople.com/recipe-calculator.asp
    and enter the recipe and it will add everything up for you.