Motivated Mommas Week 8 (closed group)

Options

Replies

• bella_babe_86
    bella_babe_86 Posts: 503 Member
    Options
    19 Points + 9 Bonus for a total of 28 Possible Points.

Cardio - 6 points(2/6pts done)
    Back to Basics ladies! Let's do jumping jacks every day. The are a fantastic way to boost your heart rate and get your blood pumping before your regular workout. The challenge is to incorporate 50 jumping jacks into your daily routine every single day! These can be done all at once or broken up throughout the day. 50 JJ/day = 1 point/day

Strength - 6 points + 3 bonus
    Lets get those tummys in shape!!! (2/6pts done)(300/900 done)
    Part 1- Abs challenge (similar to the miles challenge) Set yourself a goal for the amount of crunches you can do for the week. You get 3 bonus points for meeting this goal. For example, Im going to set my goal at 700(100 a day).
    Part 2- Do your favorite ab workouts every day this week. Mix it up or just pick one in addition to the crunches. 1 point per day.

Food/Nutrition - 1/6 points + 1/6 bonus
    One point for each day, and a bonus point for everyday you stop eating at 7:30pm

Thursday
    Nutrition - Under calories (done)

Friday
    Nutrition - Under Fat (not gonna happen)

Saturday
    Nutrition - Under Sodium

Sunday
    Nutrition - Under Carbs

Monday
    Nutrition - Under calories

Tuesday
    Nutrition - Under Fat

Emotional - 1 points (1/1)
    What's yoru next mini-goal? I'm not talking about the big "I wanna lose 500lbs" type of goal, but the little markers we all give or selves that keep us motivated. Do you focus on the next 10lbs, droping another pant size or fitting into your skinny jeans? What's the thing that you've got set in your sights right now?

3 points today for jumping jacks, ab workout, food bonus(from last night)
  • ♥Amy♥
    ♥Amy♥ Posts: 714 Member
    Options
    Friday's Info:

Cardio - 6 points (2/6 points)
    Back to Basics ladies! Let's do jumping jacks every day. The are a fantastic way to boost your heart rate and get your blood pumping before your regular workout. The challenge is to incorporate 50 jumping jacks into your daily routine every single day! These can be done all at once or broken up throughout the day. 50 JJ/day = 1 point/day

Lets get those tummys in shape!!! (2/6 points)
    Part 1- Abs challenge (similar to the miles challenge) Set yourself a goal for the amount of crunches you can do for the week. You get 3 bonus points for meeting this goal. My goal is 1200 crunches. (400/1200 crunches)
    Part 2- Do your favorite ab workouts every day this week. Mix it up or just pick one in addition to the crunches. My goal is 100 reverse crunches daily. Completed Thursday & Friday.

Food/Nutrition - 6 points + 6 bonus
    One point for each day, and a bonus point for everyday you stop eating at 7:30pm

Thursday
    Nutrition - Under calories (1/1 point)

Friday
    Nutrition - Under Fat (1/1 point)

Saturday
    Nutrition - Under Sodium

Sunday
    Nutrition - Under Carbs

Monday

Tuesday
    Nutrition - Under Fat

Emotional - 1/1 point

Friday Total Points: 3 points (1 for cardio, 1 for strength, 1 for food)
  • NewLife_11
    NewLife_11 Posts: 964 Member
    Options

:heart: Cardio -1/ 6 points
    :smile: Strength - 6 points + 3 bonus
    My goal will be 500 this week and I hope to pass that by far!!
    Friday 150/500
    :tongue: Part 2- 1/6
    Thursday
    0/6 1/6
    Friday
    1/6 2/6
    Saturday
    Nutrition - Under Sodium
    Sunday
    Nutrition - Under Carbs
    Monday
    Tuesday
    Nutrition - Under Fat
    :bigsmile: Emotional - 1/1 point
    My mini goal is to get to onderland!!! I need to lose another 13lbs or so to get there, I want that so bad!!

This past week has been very high stress for me at work and I feel I have completley fallen off the program, it is amazing how a week of not doing what you should for your body almost retrains your brain to go back to bad habbits.. for instance today I ate fish and chips and had a cherry coke!!! I don't even drink soda! Wow it felt good telling all of you that, I felt horrible after but it reminded me how I used to feel everyday.

I appreciate all of your support and I don't know what I would do without all of you, you inspire and motivate me all the time and I truly appreciate every one of you! I want to finish this week out strong and I would love to continue with all of you.

I am way to busy at work to start a new challenge but I will follow you ladies wherever you go, so if we all agree to do a great new challenge maybe someone could organize it. Lynda, you are awesome as a leader so if you have time it would be awesome for you to set it up but if not any one of you would be fantastic and I will be super excited to join you!

Karie
  • NewLife_11
    NewLife_11 Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    I hope you all don't mind but I changed the teams on the points sheet and took of the ladies who where no longer logging points...so lets see who can earn the most points by the end of this week!! I thought this made it more fair for those of you who had partners who were no longer logging. I was going to switch the other sheets too, if you all wanted me to let me know.
  • amyelizbradley
    amyelizbradley Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    Today = BUSY! But here it is...
    FRI. 11/11/11
    CARDIO (1/6)
    50 JJ/day = no

STRENGTH (2/6) + (2/3 bonus)
    Part 1 Ab goal/ week = 150/1200
    Part 2 Fave ab workout every day = pilates

FOOD/ NUTRITION (0/6) + (1/6 bonus)
    Under fat? yes

Stop eating at 730pm? no

EMOTIONAL (1/1)
    posted Th.

Hope everyone is having a good day!
    :smile:
  • amyelizbradley
    Options

My mini goal is to get to onderland!!! I need to lose another 13lbs or so to get there, I want that so bad!!

This past week has been very high stress for me at work and I feel I have completley fallen off the program, it is amazing how a week of not doing what you should for your body almost retrains your brain to go back to bad habbits.. for instance today I ate fish and chips and had a cherry coke!!! I don't even drink soda! Wow it felt good telling all of you that, I felt horrible after but it reminded me how I used to feel everyday.

I appreciate all of your support and I don't know what I would do without all of you, you inspire and motivate me all the time and I truly appreciate every one of you! I want to finish this week out strong and I would love to continue with all of you.

I am way to busy at work to start a new challenge but I will follow you ladies wherever you go, so if we all agree to do a great new challenge maybe someone could organize it. Lynda, you are awesome as a leader so if you have time it would be awesome for you to set it up but if not any one of you would be fantastic and I will be super excited to join you!

Karie

You are amazing Karie! I know what you mean about stress & old habits; then you remember how you felt living that way... sometimes! But remember a quote I posted awhile back (I know I try to):

View your life with kindsight
    Stop beating yourself up about things from the past.
    Instead of slapping your forehead & asking: "What was I thinking?"
    Breathe & ask yourself the kinder question:
    "What was I learning?"
    :heart:
  • amyelizbradley
    Options
    I hope you all don't mind but I changed the teams on the points sheet and took of the ladies who where no longer logging points...so lets see who can earn the most points by the end of this week!! I thought this made it more fair for those of you who had partners who were no longer logging. I was going to switch the other sheets too, if you all wanted me to let me know.

i do not mind at all; I appreciate you being mindful of all of it- thank you!
  • renubhat_82
    renubhat_82 Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    Today,

Abs and crunches done- 1 point
    Food- 1 point
    Jumping jacks-1 point

Total 3 points
  • daisyelaine
    daisyelaine Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    AAargh! I've been sucking!!! Sorry for not being around the last few days... I know we've all gone through spells of this, and apparently.. now I'm having my turn. I feel crappy because I've not been doing my jumping jacks or crunches either-- and I like to be able to get full points!!! Lol... ( let's say that MFP has brought out a new... competitive? side of me. Not that I'm competing *with* anybody else, but just making sure I'm giving it my all.. AALLL the time.)
    Things are getting exciting around here too though-- I've started going to a bootcamp session 2 times a week in the AM, which is a whole new level of getting my *kitten* kicked. But, I'm not dying!! Yaay!! And, I'm feeling some NSV action-- my rings are getting crazy loose! Like, I can spin them on my finger REALLy easy, and they slide past my knuckle like it's not even there! Holy Moly!!

On the plus side.. I've been good with all my food things so far this week-- yaay!
  • renubhat_82
    Options

i do not mind at all; I appreciate you being mindful of all of it- thank you!

I dont mind too.. :smile:
  • LoveNevrNds
    LoveNevrNds Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    I haven't left you ladies... I am out of town until Sunday afternoon... I am trying my best to keep at it though and will update when I have my computer again.
  • bella_babe_86
    Options
    Has anyone thought about what we might want to do when this challenge is over?? Starting to realize how close this one is to being over! I cant believe its been 8 weeks already!
  • daisyelaine
    Options
    Cardio - 6 points
    Back to Basics ladies! Let's do jumping jacks every day.- **Done!1/6

Lets get those tummys in shape!!!
    Part 1- Abs challenge (similar to the miles challenge) --200/600 done!
    Part 2- Do your favorite ab workouts every day this week. --Aaah, planks!! 1/6 done.

Thursday
    Nutrition - Under calories DONE

Friday
    Nutrition - Under Fat DONE

Saturday
    Nutrition - Under Sodium DONE

Sunday
    Nutrition - Under Carbs

Monday

Tuesday
    Nutrition - Under Fat

Emotional - 1 points
    What's yoru next mini-goal? I'm not talking about the big "I wanna lose 500lbs" type of goal, but the little markers we all give or selves that keep us motivated. Do you focus on the next 10lbs, droping another pant size or fitting into your skinny jeans? What's the thing that you've got set in your sights right now?

I'm SOOO close to my next 2 mini goals! I was 180 when I graduated from high school... and that's about 4 lbs away. AND, I was 175 when I got pregnant with my first kid... Eeep! SO close! Interestingly enough, I'm thinking I'm smaller now than I was at 175 before.. all that muscle building is paying off!
  • daisyelaine
    Options

4 points today for jumping jacks, ab workout, food and emotional.
    OK just a side note, remember the first challenge of shamu?? We had to do jumping jacks and they were SOOOOO hard...I flew through these like they were nothing...Take that jumping jacks!!!!:laugh:

Love this! lol! I forgot about the SAHMU JJ challenge. Sorry for the duplication, clearly I lacked imagination this week :embarassed: But so happy that you flew through them today. I love that feeling when you recognize that you are capable of doing more and recovering faster than you used to. Great job!:drinker:

I actually enjoy doing challenges over again, it really makes me realize how far i've come! Feeling pretty dang empowered today all because of this challenge!!! Thanks girl!:flowerforyou:

I know- me too!! I was doing my workout downstairs today, and was thinking it was 100 JJ not 50.. because I got to 50 without having a problem at all!! And yeah, 30 used to KILL. Yaay for progress!!
  • ♥Amy♥
    Options
    Saturday's Info:

Cardio - 6 points (3/6 points)

Lets get those tummys in shape!!! (3/6 points)
    Part 1- Abs challenge (similar to the miles challenge) Set yourself a goal for the amount of crunches you can do for the week. You
    get 3 bonus points for meeting this goal. My goal is 1200 crunches. (600/1200 crunches)
    Part 2- Do your favorite ab workouts every day this week. Mix it up or just pick one in addition to the crunches. My goal is 100 reverse crunches daily. Completed Thursday, Friday & Saturday.

Thursday
    Nutrition - Under calories (1/1 point)
    Friday
    Nutrition - Under Fat (1/1 point)
    Saturday
    Nutrition - Under Sodium (1/1 point)
    Sunday
    Nutrition - Under Carbs
    Monday
    Tuesday
    Nutrition - Under Fat

Emotional - 1/1 point

Saturday Total Points: 3 points (1 for cardio, 1 for strength, 1 for food)
    [/quote]
  • renubhat_82
    Options
    Abs workout and crunches- 1 point
    Food- 1 point
    JJ- 1 point

Total of 3 points
  • bella_babe_86
    Options
    Lost in translation this weekend, will report in thoroughly on Monday or Tuesday. Hubbys birthday weekend and being off an extra day...love him dearly but man he sure knows how to throw off a girls routine! See you ladies soon and hope yall are having a GGGRRRREAT weekend!!!
  • losinit_4_good
    losinit_4_good Posts: 731 Member
    Options
    omg! where have I been all weekend?!? I'm so sorry ladies. I was keeping up with the challenge and logging on my phone but my husband was studying this weekend and completely monopolized our computer all weekend. plus i had some relatives in from out of town.... it was madness. but in the best possible way!

I kinda sucked food wise this weekend. I was under cals everyday but my eating times were all screwed up. on friday I didn't eat a single bite until 4pm!! That's friggin crazy! I was so sick feeling but it had been such a hectica day that I just forgot. Saturaday wasn't too bad but there was some pretty hardcore wine drinking done on my part. and then sunday was a nasty figght with my hubby first thing in the am whish resulted in some stress eating in the morning. I pulled it together by 1 but still, not good... on top of all that I barely drank water. which is weird because at work I'm a water drinking machine and I see the benefits of that throughout the week. but come the weekend I jsut stop. I've got to get that under control... any tips?

so basically, I'm bloated from here to december! lol! I'm sure I can cleanse this from my system but I need to get myself into a healthy pattern that doesn't involve bloating every monday. so yeah, any advice is super welcome.

anywho, I'll post my points on the spreadsheet shortly.

I saw Karie's note regarding the next challenge and I do have some ideas. I'd like to create a challenge that lasts for more than a week at a time. Ideally I'm thinking monthly but since the MM challenge ends this wednesday I'm thinking maybe we can create a new one from Wednesday, Nov 16 - Friday, Dec 23. About a month, take the week between Xmas and new years off and start fresh in the new year and go monthly from that point on . I'll think through some ideas and post a new thread on Wednesday. if anyone has any ideas of what you'd like to see incorporated please send me a private message and let me know.

Thanks!
  • ♥Amy♥
    Options
    I didn't post anything yesterday (I'll add it to mine tonight).

Something is going on with me though. It's as if I'm just kinda "stuck." I don't feel like working out, even small things like the crunches and stuff. I think a lot of it has to do with my extreme dissatisfaction with my loose skin....everytime I work out I end up staring at it and it just gets to me. UGH...I hate when I have these times where I just can't let things go. Anyways, I know that I'm rambling and probably not making any sense, but I just wanted to let it out somewhere and you all are my safe place to do it. Lucky you, huh? :)
  • losinit_4_good
    losinit_4_good Posts: 731 Member
    Options
    I didn't post anything yesterday (I'll add it to mine tonight).

Something is going on with me though. It's as if I'm just kinda "stuck." I don't feel like working out, even small things like the crunches and stuff. I think a lot of it has to do with my extreme dissatisfaction with my loose skin....everytime I work out I end up staring at it and it just gets to me. UGH...I hate when I have these times where I just can't let things go. Anyways, I know that I'm rambling and probably not making any sense, but I just wanted to let it out somewhere and you all are my safe place to do it. Lucky you, huh? :)

Vent away girl! We all have those moments and this is definitly a safe place to do it. I havent developed an issue with loose skin yet, but I am afraid of that since it seems to be such a common problem for many that lose a significant amount. I was on another forum here and read something I thought was interesting. A lady there having the similar discouraged feeling when working out went and bought a pair of Spanks that were a size too small to wear during her fitness routine. She said it did wonders for her confidence and desire to workout which in turn helped her skin to tighten up in time. From what I've read, the only way to deal with loose skin is (aside from surgery of course) lots of moisture and exercise. so drink water and invest in a good moisturizer and keep working at it. YOu'v come so far and are such an inspiration! you'll get past this too - I know it ! :flowerforyou: