not used to posting

Options
:blushing:
Hi all! I usually don't make posts, only read them. But this site has been so great, I can't help myself from getting on the boards. I started this a couple weeks ago, and couldn't believe it would work for me - it seemed like I still get to eat! But I have lost 1 1/2 pounds, and think maybe at weigh in tomorrow I might be lower! Whoo hoo!!!!!! It's been a long time since the scale moved in the right direction. Thanks all for your success stories, it was the motivation I needed to get going.

Replies

• imabhealthy
    imabhealthy Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    :blushing:
    Hi all! I usually don't make posts, only read them. But this site has been so great, I can't help myself from getting on the boards. I started this a couple weeks ago, and couldn't believe it would work for me - it seemed like I still get to eat! But I have lost 1 1/2 pounds, and think maybe at weigh in tomorrow I might be lower! Whoo hoo!!!!!! It's been a long time since the scale moved in the right direction. Thanks all for your success stories, it was the motivation I needed to get going.
  • kechiemc
    kechiemc Posts: 1,355 Member
    Options
    Way to go Andora and welcome to MFP!:flowerforyou:
  • KatWood
    KatWood Posts: 1,135 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your loss so far!

Isn't it a great feeling when you realize you can lose weight and become healthy without starving yourself?:laugh:
  • erlehmkuhle
    Options
    You can do anything!!! Did you all know, you burn more calories when you are angry? When I'm having a bad day, I exercise with a chip on my shoulder. I'm the beast withing myself, haha. It helps release endorphins quicker and leads to more perspiration and weight loss. Hope that helps somebody. Keep motivated all.
  • imabhealthy
    imabhealthy Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    lol! I had no idea... but I do feel like exercising when I'm angry. Its my favorite way to burn off steam. I like to run. My leg has been sore since last week, so I have not been able to run, trying to heal it. It's hard, though, I love the exercise (and the calories burned!)
  • kechiemc
    Options
    You can do anything!!! Did you all know, you burn more calories when you are angry? When I'm having a bad day, I exercise with a chip on my shoulder. I'm the beast withing myself, haha. It helps release endorphins quicker and leads to more perspiration and weight loss. Hope that helps somebody. Keep motivated all.

I'm a HUGE MMA Fan!:heart:
  • jennlos
    jennlos Posts: 200
    Options
    Congrats on your loss so far!

Isn't it a great feeling when you realize you can lose weight and become healthy without starving yourself?:laugh:
    AMEN!!

Welcome this site is also great help to me. Good luck on your weight loss journey.:flowerforyou:
  • sarabear
    sarabear Posts: 864
    Options

Love UFC!!!:heart:
  • erlehmkuhle
    Options
    MMA cardio is killer. Everyone that is stuck on a weight should go find an MMA gym and do their cardio. If you don't lose 2 pounds, then you are just spectating. "Lets Get It On" -MMA ref John McCarthy

[/quote]
  • erlehmkuhle
    Options
    lol! I had no idea... but I do feel like exercising when I'm angry. Its my favorite way to burn off steam. I like to run. My leg has been sore since last week, so I have not been able to run, trying to heal it. It's hard, though, I love the exercise (and the calories burned!)

Rest your leg and get after it!!! You can do it. Hard work builds character. Find your inner workout beast and let it out.
  • kechiemc
    Options
    MMA cardio is killer. Everyone that is stuck on a weight should go find an MMA gym and do their cardio. If you don't lose 2 pounds, then you are just spectating. "Lets Get It On" -MMA ref John McCarthy

[/quote]

I believe that! I've watched parts of the cardio workout on the UFC Reality Show. Those guys are working HARD.

Btw, Big John is my favorite UFC Ref. Taking Big John McCarthy out to lunch is on my bucket list!
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome to MFP, the best website ever. You will love it here. I :heart: this site. It is so motivational, supportive, helpful, and everyone is so nice and friendly here. I just wanted to tell you good luck on your weight loss journey. You can do this.:smile::flowerforyou: :smile: :flowerforyou: :smile: :flowerforyou: :smile: