OFFICIAL African American Women's Fitness Team! (Starts 11/1

Options
WELCOME! [Note that the start date is 11/14 NOT 11/1]

FIRST, watch the Ebony Fitness Team video (less than 2 minutes): http://www.youtube.com/ebonyfitnessteam

You can watch the video on silent if you are at work. It has captions.

****Important note: There is a FOUR step sign-up process listed below. Be sure to follow the 4 steps!****

6328855638_5a6d693aa4_m.jpg

Hi Ladies!

We are currently seeking brown girls interested in "buddying up" for an ongoing weight loss challenge team. The goal is to stick to our diet and exercise goals with a partner. The Ebony Fitness Team is a REAL commitment, so if you cannot support your partner each day (M-F), this is NOT the group for you! We expect ACTIVE involvement for maximum weight loss!

Each day you will communicate with your partner via messages. You will also stay in touch with the entire team by answering the question of the day on the forum and asking the question (ANY question) on your assigned day. Mondays are bragging days, and you are to submit a weekly brag about yourself! What did you do well the previous week? Why are you more incredible than ever?

Together we can be accountable and successful!
Expectations:

1. Check in with your buddy every weekday via MESSAGING (not just on forums)
2. Say as much as possible when writing to your buddy and when writing on the forum
3. Post the Question of the Day on your assigned day**
4. Use the Ebony logo in your ticker.
6. Submit a brag every Monday!

So, how do you sign up? There are four easy steps!

1. Go to the MFP Groups section and join the group Ebony Fitness Team.

2. Reply to Registration thread in Group: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/new/410-ebony-fitness-team

3. Follow this link and complete the registration form (do NOT use Firefox):

http://tinyurl.com/ebonyregistration

4. CAREFULLY read the The Diamonds Challenge rules and FAQ :

http://tinyurl.com/ebonyrules

Why a group for women of color?

Great question! African American women often (but not always) share a unique cultural perspective that makes losing weight different--from foods to traditions that impact what and why we eat. MFP forums abound with people looking for others from France, England, or Italy. This is no different.
My Response:

First Name: Jamaica

Reason for Joining the Ebony Fitness Team: I joined MFP in February because I was experiencing joint pain and was disgusted by what I saw in the mirror. 30 pounds later I am here because I feel empowered in knowing that I can reshape my body and that I can look awesome if I have the support of my MFP pals! I am creating the Ebony Fitness Team because I have successfully lead several groups on this site, but never one exclusively for women of color.

It has been an up and down climb, but I have NEVER been this successful at losing weight and I feel that I truly owe it to the support I find here!

Replies

• miss_jamaica
    miss_jamaica Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    Note: Please note that this is the official registration page. (Another CLOSED page currently exists).
  • mkatelyn4260
    Options
    why just "brown" girls? I don't follow.
  • Becca_007
    Becca_007 Posts: 596 Member
    Options
    This type of group would be great in the new MFP Groups section.:flowerforyou: It's a place for specific types of groups and yours would fit in nicely.
  • miss_jamaica
    Options
    This type of group would be great in the new MFP Groups section.:flowerforyou: It's a place for specific types of groups and yours would fit in nicely.

Ooh, I didn't see that! Great! Thanks!
  • breezey77
    breezey77 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    My Response:

First Name: breezey77

Reason for Joining the Ebony Fitness Team: I'm hoping joining the team will help me stick to my daily/weekly goals which will ultimately bring me to my goal of gettng fit, shaping my body and losing 10-15 lbs.
  • miss_jamaica
    Options
    My Response:

First Name: breezey77

Reason for Joining the Ebony Fitness Team: I'm hoping joining the team will help me stick to my daily/weekly goals which will ultimately bring me to my goal of gettng fit, shaping my body and losing 10-15 lbs.

Welcome Breezey! I sent you a Group Invite :-)
  • Belinda_81
    Belinda_81 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    My Response:

First Name: Belinda

Reason for Joining the Ebony Fitness Team: I want to join an active group so that I can keep motivated and help motivate others too. I have a lot to lose and think joining this team will help a lot.
  • miss_jamaica
    Options
    There are groups for Italian girls, French girls, and English girls too! Some of us seek culturally sensitive support! :-)
    why just "brown" girls? I don't follow.
  • kkmark
    kkmark Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    Jamaica

I am not african american but asian american will that be ok :)
    Kathy
  • miss_jamaica
    Options
    Absolutely! I edited the description on the group to welcome all women of color!
    Jamaica

I am not african american but asian american will that be ok :)
    Kathy
  • miss_jamaica
    Options
    Ladies, please note that we will be limiting registration to the first 20 members in order to maintain an intimate group!
  • miss_jamaica
    Options
    Current Member List:

breezey77
    Belinda_81
    kkmark
    RaiofSoleil
    miss_jamaica
    getitamb

...growing quickly! :-)
  • miss_jamaica
    Options
    breezey77
    Belinda_81
    kkmark
    RaiofSoleil
    miss_jamaica
    getitamb
    CanniballisticVegetarian
    TSTagain

List as of 11:58 a.m. 11/9
  • miss_jamaica
    Options
    Hey Ladies,

A few of you registered for the team but did not introduce yourselves on the forum. Please don't forget!

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/393-ebony-fitness-team

(I totally feel like I am talking to myself since you guys are responding on the other forum... but I'll get over it. Ha ha.)
  • FabulouslyFitTam
    FabulouslyFitTam Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    First Name: Tamara

Reason for Joining the Ebony Fitness Team:I want to motivate others and be held accountable, especially in terms of eating!!! I feel like this group will give me the extra push that I need.
  • miss_jamaica
    Options
    Here is the current list. If you joined the group but are not on this list, please complete the registration form! Thanks girls :-)

breezey77
    Belinda_81
    kkmark
    RaiofSoleil
    miss_jamaica
    getitamb
    CanniballisticVegetarian
    TSTagain
    Angel1066
    tfw7s12
    dw9989
  • miss_jamaica
    Options
    Current List:

breezey77
    Belinda_81
    kkmark
    RaiofSoleil
    miss_jamaica
    getitamb
    CanniballisticVegetarian
    TSTagain
    Angel1066
    tfw7s12
    dw9989
    hugsnkiki
  • Kaedansmom
    Kaedansmom Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Is it too late to join?
  • miss_jamaica
    Options
    Hey Chica,

No, it isn't. Registration is ongoing, but it may take a little while to get your partner.
    Is it too late to join?
  • amnix
    amnix Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I just viewed your video on Youtube and would love to join this group. Are you still taking members?