Kale Chips w/ pic

Options

Replies

• PanteraGirl
    PanteraGirl Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    Gonna make that tomorow that s for sure!!! :)

Thanks!!!
  • jdelisle
    jdelisle Posts: 1,050 Member
    Options
  • puggleperson
    puggleperson Posts: 740 Member
    Options
    I tired kale chips once from a hungry girl recipe and it did not come out right. KNowing me I did something wrong. I think I am going to try again ;D
  • jdelisle
    Options
    I was kind of nervous the first time making them. I couldn't wrap my head around how a leaf got crispy and not soggy when heated. It really does work! The key is olive oil. If you decide to try this recipe, let me know how it turns out!
  • rockerbabyy
    rockerbabyy Posts: 2,258 Member
    Options
    i keep meaning to make some of these - i get kale all the time in my produce deliveries and always forget heh
  • erinr73
    Options
    bump
  • LoosieLoo
    LoosieLoo Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Thank you for sharing this recipe! I've been hearing about Kale chips. A good friend just came back from a trip to North Carolina, where he had them. He was raving about them. I will have to give this recipe a try.
  • jdelisle
    Options
  • hmuh
    hmuh Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    I tired kale chips once from a hungry girl recipe and it did not come out right. KNowing me I did something wrong. I think I am going to try again ;D

Me too! They almost made me hate kale for good! haha
  • Tuffjourney
    Options

Me too! They almost made me hate kale for good! haha

Me too, I thought it was just me. I tried a few times. Shoot I had such high hopes. I guess I still stick with Pop chips.:huh:
  • BeeElMarvin
    BeeElMarvin Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    Tried it. thought it was very similar to a dried leaf with salt and olive oil, nothing to brag about in my opinion, but maybe did something wrong.
  • vinylscratch
    vinylscratch Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    I've always wanted to eat kale chips. This looks fool-proof enough.. I'll give it a shot! Thanks!
  • jdelisle
    Options
    They certainly have a unique taste! It's great for a salt/crunchy fix, but will never replace chips! Can't beat the calorie difference though ;)
  • HealthyAcademic
    HealthyAcademic Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    For those who don't like kale chips made in the oven, try making them in the dehydrator. The lower temperature keeps them from becoming bitter and brittle.
  • jdelisle
    Options
  • HelloRevvie
    Options
    I haven't made these homemade yet! I got some from my local organic grocery store and really liked them!
  • raylenebrooks
    raylenebrooks Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    I made some this week used pam olive oil spray they were pretty good DH ate almost all I had cooked so I only got to tast I think that you have to watch close so they are dry and crisp but not burnt I checked at 10 min and each after that cooked for about 13 min
  • Lesa_Sass
    Lesa_Sass Posts: 2,213 Member
    Options
    I made some this week used pam olive oil spray they were pretty good DH ate almost all I had cooked so I only got to tast I think that you have to watch close so they are dry and crisp but not burnt I checked at 10 min and each after that cooked for about 13 min

I use the olive oil spray as well. This is the only way my husband will eat kale, so I make it regularly around here. We love it!
  • Charlottejogs
    Charlottejogs Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    Mine never work either...I am open to ideas though!
  • Lesa_Sass
    Lesa_Sass Posts: 2,213 Member
    Options
    Mine never work either...I am open to ideas though!

Try using cooking spray instead of pouring olive oil on them.
    Another thing is to make sure that after you wash the kale, you let it completely dry before you put the oil on.
    I also use garlic powder on mine with a teeny bit of salt. Gives better flavor.