NEW foods you've discovered....

Options
that others may love to hear about!

I noticed a few threads about this a while back and thought it was a really helpful idea.... Feel free to add on some of the wonderful finds you've discovered.

NEW current loves:

Simply Apple juice (100% Apple Juice)
Simply Orange juice (100% Orange Juice)... I like the pulp free kind
Mini Babybel Light cheese
Grapefruit
Spinach Dip (I get mine from Alberstons in the deli section) **** Edit.... I just dipped my baby carrots in it! YUM! I usually HAVE to have crackers.
Dove dark chocolates

Replies

• FluffnStuff
    FluffnStuff Posts: 387
    Options
    that others may love to hear about!

I noticed a few threads about this a while back and thought it was a really helpful idea.... Feel free to add on some of the wonderful finds you've discovered.

NEW current loves:

Simply Apple juice (100% Apple Juice)
    Simply Orange juice (100% Orange Juice)... I like the pulp free kind
    Mini Babybel Light cheese
    Grapefruit
    Spinach Dip (I get mine from Alberstons in the deli section) **** Edit.... I just dipped my baby carrots in it! YUM! I usually HAVE to have crackers.
    Dove dark chocolates
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Options
    Pop Chips. They sell them at the regular store and at Trader Joe's. LOVE them!! They aren't baked OR fried. Have an almost "Rice cake" texture but super good!! And you can have like 22 per serving!

Tostitos has a new salsa out. It's a Summe Berry one. Pretty tasty!!
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    ditto on the pop chips. soooo good. they sell the salt and pepper and BBQ flavors at my costco- very good!

after all your descriptions, I tried Fage 0% fat free, also found at costco, and with a little honey, it is delicious! I can totally see using it as sour cream, whatever. really good!

an old goodie for me: get a jar of chipotle salsa, and a jar of tomatillo salsa. open both. mix them together in a tupperware. enjoy the sweet and smoky flavors. YUMMMMMMMMMMMMM
  • rachel512
    rachel512 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    edamame! in the pods, throw em in the microwave and a pinch of salt, they're bomb...protein and fiber too!
  • rstarks54
    rstarks54 Posts: 163
    Options
    I found Svanso Sugar Free Apricot/Peach Jam...delicious!! and only 6 calories per tablespoon, without any fat!!!
  • FluffnStuff
    FluffnStuff Posts: 387
    Options
    Pop chips? I haven't been looking close obviously... What are they made out of... like corn, potatoes, etc?
  • jljohnson
    jljohnson Posts: 719 Member
    Options
    Pop Chips. They sell them at the regular store and at Trader Joe's. LOVE them!! They aren't baked OR fried. Have an almost "Rice cake" texture but super good!! And you can have like 22 per serving!

Are the pop chips in the same aisle as other chips? or by crackers? They sound interesting. You haven't steered me wrong on Laughing Cow or hummus, so I better try these too.

I've re-discovered all kinds of fruit... grapes, kiwi, strawberries, clementines, and on, and on.

I also love Fiber One/Fiber Plus bars. Dark chocolate with almonds... mmmm :tongue:
  • jennlos
    jennlos Posts: 200
    Options
    For me it wasn't anything that is new but since I have tried to live healthier I have opened up to trying foods that I never ate. I never used to eat alot of veges, but now I eat brussel sprouts, cauliflower, broccoli, lettuce, tomato, cucumber, yogurt and many more. So now I have more options to eat healtier:bigsmile:
  • TamTastic
    Options

Are the pop chips in the same aisle as other chips? or by crackers? They sound interesting. You haven't steered me wrong on Laughing Cow or hummus, so I better try these too.

I've re-discovered all kinds of fruit... grapes, kiwi, strawberries, clementines, and on, and on.

I also love Fiber One/Fiber Plus bars. Dark chocolate with almonds... mmmm :tongue:
    I have found the pop chips at Target and Trader Joe's has their own brand of them. I am not sure about other stores but yes, they are usually with the other chips.

Here is a link that Hungry Girl had up.

http://www.hungry-girl.com/girls/biteoutdetails.php?isid=1512
  • prayerfulmom
    Options
    goldn'krackle
    its baked thin pitas. 58 cal fat 1 15mg sodium the best with humus

also kids cliff bars. 120 cal 2.5 f 90sod prot 3 (i'm on a low protein restriction so its perfect for me)

pomelo - a fruit like grapefruit but a bit sweeter
  • djshade4
    djshade4 Posts: 24
    Options
    Jolly Time - 100 Calorie Healthy Pop Kettle Corn
    Tru North Peanut Clusters...so good...all natural
  • Tamrahan
    Tamrahan Posts: 29
    Options
    Quinoa
    Bulgur
    Avacado
    Plums
    Nectarines
    Ezekial low sodium bread
    Green/Red Leaf lettuces
    Holiday Grapes
    Blood Oranges
    ETA Bison
  • Iceprincessk25
    Iceprincessk25 Posts: 1,888 Member
    Options
    OMG I AM OBSESSED WITH THE POPPED CHIPS!!!! I got the Trader Joe's BBQ Chips and they taste just like normal potato chips. FREAKING DELISH!!!!
  • TamTastic
    Options
    OMG I AM OBSESSED WITH THE POPPED CHIPS!!!! I got the Trader Joe's BBQ Chips and they taste just like normal potato chips. FREAKING DELISH!!!!
    Those are my fav too!! I love almost anything at Trader Joe's!! :wink: :laugh:
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    Options
    Pop chips? I haven't been looking close obviously... What are they made out of... like corn, potatoes, etc?

they're made from potatoes, but they are not fried. so really you are just getting slices of potato, which have had heat and pressure applied until the plant fiber "pops".

they are super awesome..

can someone tell me the deal with quinoa? I am curious but don't know what to do with it or how to prepare it or.... gimme the scoop!
  • Amy_B
    Amy_B Posts: 2,323 Member
    Options
    I've tried edamame (frozen and then cooked), but I just didn't get it. Do you eat the pods?
  • erica9699
    erica9699 Posts: 53
    Options
    My only shopping choice is Wal-Mart...
    so Wholly Guacamole 100 cal packs...LOVE avacados, but they always go bad on me
    Hood 2% chocolate milk, 90 cals, 3 grams of sugar and 8 protein, DELISH!
    serve quinoa in place of rice
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    Options
    I've tried edamame (frozen and then cooked), but I just didn't get it. Do you eat the pods?

you open the pods and eat the soybeans inside (like peas). they're better when they're slightly warm and with a bit of salt.
  • naugustyniak
    naugustyniak Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    making my own cashew nut butter, laughing cow wedges, raw carrots cut into chips to dip with.
  • Amy_B
    Amy_B Posts: 2,323 Member
    Options
    making my own cashew nut butter, laughing cow wedges, raw carrots cut into chips to dip with.
    How do you make the cashew butter?