Nutella or Natural Peanut butter?

Options
I have never tried Nutella but I've heard that its good. I've been eating the same thing over and over again for breakfast, being 100 cal thomas english muffin with Natural PB. I'm looking to change it up. So I ask you all, which do you like better if you've had both? And which one is better for you? Thanks!

Replies

• mckshowie
    mckshowie Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    justin's chocolate hazelnut butter... less sugar than nutella. and more naturally delicious...

look for ilookthetype to second this sentiment... it's her fault i love it so much.
  • erinmac0211
    erinmac0211 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I usually only eat Nutella when I'm craving chocolate and don't want to have candy but it really isn't all that healthy. Natural peanut butter......i love it lol. I eat it like 4 times a week and it tastes reallly good to me, I don't even like the taste of regular peanut butter anymore!
  • Arabian♥Breeze
    Options
    Nutella is very high in Sugar, it's like eating frosting
  • Scoobiesnax
    Scoobiesnax Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Seriously ? Good luck finding ANY nutritional value in Nutella. I love the stuff...but there's nothing good about it that I could ever find.
    If someone can tell me I'm wrong, I'd welcome that...
  • robinaddison
    robinaddison Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    justin's chocolate hazelnut butter... less sugar than nutella. and more naturally delicious...

look for ilookthetype to second this sentiment... it's her fault i love it so much.

I'm not ilookthetype but...what she said!!
  • rarou12
    Options
    Nutella will definitely taste better than peanut butter but the sugar is higher. I personally have to stay away from it all together because I will eat the whole container in one sitting.
  • luvinlaurakate
    luvinlaurakate Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    What they said. And I hate hazelnut anything, so I can't stand the stuff. Stick with the peanut butter.
  • momof8munchkins
    momof8munchkins Posts: 1,167 Member
    Options

I agree..Justin's is awesome... nutella is like frosting.. very good but not the sort of thing you want to keep around to tempt you when you are trying to loose weight
  • strivingfor130
    strivingfor130 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Peanut butter has more nutritional value than nutella. However, it is quite delicious :) lol I like to use it for breakfast sometimes on toast, and even mix peanut butter and nutella for a quick sandwich.
  • surfrgrl1
    surfrgrl1 Posts: 1,464 Member
    Options
    I use Nutella but very sparingly, maybe a teaspoon on my toast. A little goes a long way (in my opinion)
    As for Peanut Butter, I now eat peanut/almond/cashew butter that I get at Target. Archer Farms brand I think it is. I think its tastier than plain PB.
  • wonca
    wonca Posts: 81
    Options
    Well.. Nutella is delicious, but I wouldn't eat it on a regular basis. It's bascially pure sugar and fat, hence why it's so delicious. lol

Check out the nutritional info on it compared to peanut butter.

Nutella - http://www.nutellausa.com/nutrition-facts.htm

Peanut butter - http://nutritiondata.self.com/facts/legumes-and-legume-products/4366/2

If you want to mix things up, how about oatmeal instead of an english muffin?

I have oatmeal with some peanut butter almost every morning. If you want it a little sweeter, you can add honey or fresh fruit to it too.
  • sc1572
    sc1572 Posts: 2,309 Member
    Options
    Don't use Nutella! Yes, it tastes good, but that's about it. Look up PB2 if you want chocolate. Try mixing up your breakfast! One of my favorites is peanut butter, oatmeal, and a banana.
  • chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,834 Member
    Options
    Nutella is higher carb & lower fat than pb. Iifym choose what you like. I eat both.
  • sprinkies
    sprinkies Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    nutella has the nutritional value of a candy bar, and hardly any protein. it's also as addictive as smoking crack.

i'd stay far far away.
  • jlcampbell2008
    Options
    I had Nutella at IHOP a couple of weeks ago and was really disgusted with the taste which is odd because I like Hazelnut and Chocolate. I do however, love the all natural Jiff peanut butter.
  • maidentl
    maidentl Posts: 3,203 Member
    Options
    I too would recommend Justin's Chocolate Hazelnut. VERY good and about 1/3 the sugar of Nutella.
  • ladylu11
    ladylu11 Posts: 631 Member
    Options
    try almond butter for a change. I buy MaraNatha brand :)
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    I :heart: Nutella, but PB is way more nutritious. But if you really want delicious... use a little of both. Like a Reese's Sandwich! :love:
  • SarahBrown1979
    SarahBrown1979 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    I've only ever seen the commericals for it and they make it look like its good for you. But sounds like I'll be staying away from it! I love hazelnut but I'm not a big fan of sweetness. I currently use the Jif Natural PB and I've not turned back to reg pb. Thanks for the sugguestions and it looks like I won't be missing out on anything!
  • CakeFit21
    CakeFit21 Posts: 2,521 Member
    Options

1000% yes!

Justin's is way better than nutella taste wise and has less sugar.