is it ok to drink or not???

Options
Is it ok to drink 1 can of coke if I haven't drink any coke in like over a month?

Replies

• melanie_J
    melanie_J Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Yes. It's also okay to have it if it fits in your calories. You just have to figure out if you want to waste the calories on it. I've switched to diet dr pepper when I need it and I do just fine with it.
  • JacMarieSTL
    JacMarieSTL Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Its okay to do anything in moderation
  • Football_N_Guns
    Football_N_Guns Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    Sure, why not.
  • Naughtybiscuit
    Naughtybiscuit Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    It's ok to eat or drink whatever you want, just count it in.
  • loseiteli
    loseiteli Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    as long as you log it...go for it! :)
  • debswebby
    Options
    Yes of course. Log it and enjoy :drinker:
  • thewingnut13
    thewingnut13 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I actually just had my first coke in over 45 days. It was great. I made sure i fit it in my calorie goal and i was fine!
  • 226Muriel
    226Muriel Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Depends if it's on your plan of action.

Personally, for me, one sip is too much and 1000 is not enough.
  • rubyosburn
    rubyosburn Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I still like to drink and occasional Coke, instead of having the full serving can, I opt for the 7.5 oz one and it makes me just as happy. :smile:
  • Lipvanmeier26
    Options
    The choice is ultimately yours however I would suggest not giving in. You've made it this far without it, you don't need it and I'm sure that you can find something else to drink that would seem like a treat but wouldn't undo all your hard work. I understand the dilema I am a Pepsi addict quite literally when I gave it up cold turkey I actually had the shakes and the mood swings like a drug addict going through withdrawl. Good Luck on your journey into a healthier you :)
  • heykatieben
    heykatieben Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    I think it depends on you. :D The can itself is fine, but only you know what the long-term effects of that might be. :)

Some people can moderate soda... I personally can't. I've given it up, and I'm trying to avoid it as long as possible - because one coke might lead to craving it again. On the other hand, I'm great at moderating alcohol, so if you were asking about a beer, my personal answer would be yes. :) I'd encourage you to go with your own instinct on this one... you know yourself better than we do. :)
  • ema0405
    Options
    Sure! Switch to the diet varieties, or If you cant do that it wont hurt you to have 1, look at the calories and burn them off!!x
  • fit4mom
    fit4mom Posts: 1,352 Member
    Options
    I gave up soda, after 4 years it only took 1 sip. I was ok at first and then I reverted. It all depends on if you have a weakness for it or not. Do you think you can handle it or do you know. Not a problem if you just want a treat but it's like a smoker. How often do they just have one after quitting and go back? That's my advice. Many blessings to you on your journey.
  • Fat_2_Fit_Mommy
    Fat_2_Fit_Mommy Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    Thanks! I was craving that! It did fit in my calorie go but might have to go workout some more since my carb is a little over not to much though but thanks all for the answer!
  • androidgal
    androidgal Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I just got a soda stream so you can make your own drinks either with coke type syrups or other flavours by either using the ones supplied by soda stream or adding fruit juice for your own fun drinks if you use fruit juice you are also getting health benefits to boot...sometimes I just want something fizzy and even just fizzed water on its own can be enough :drinker:
  • Meg2012
    Meg2012 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I understand the dilema. I believe in giving into cravings, but do it in a better way. If you're going to have a coke, have it in a tall glass of ice. You'll feel the treat of having a coke, but the ice will take up much of the room, so you'll ultimately drink less, and possibly drink more water as the ice melts!