Day one of 'Ripped in 30' tomorrow. Does anyone want to join

Options
I've watched the DVD and I think it may kill me.

I've got two young boys (22 months and 5 months) so I'm trying to get back in shape.I want to lose another 9lbs before my Christmas party (16th December) as I've got my heart set on wearing a particular dress. I currently look like a bag of marbles in it so I'm hoping that this DVD will help me lose those few lbs and tone up. Let's face it, back fat is not sexy on anyone. I've been doing Davina's 30 minute workout and a lot of Zumba but this will be my first go at a Jillian DVD.

Does anyone want to join me?

Replies

• boehle
    boehle Posts: 5,062 Member
    Options
    I would.
    Do you know if its on Netflix.
    I have a group doing the 30 day shred.
  • krnlcsf
    krnlcsf Posts: 310
    Options
    I'm on my last 3 days of 30-Day Shred... then I'm thinking of starting Ripped in 30, or if I can get it in time her Killer Buns and Thighs video.

Jillian Michaels is hardcore, but I think you'll be glad you did it. :)

Since you've watched the video already - is it mainly arms/upper body exercises, or is there a mixture? I'm more interested in lower body (hence the Killer Buns and Thighs). :)

Enjoy!
  • capriciousmoon
    capriciousmoon Posts: 1,263 Member
    Options
    You can add me if you want and I'll do it with you. :smile: I have to go out today but I'll do it when I get home so today will be my first day too.
  • Kgotell
    Kgotell Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I have not heard of the Ripped videos but your best bet for high fat burning is any sessions that include a cardio/strenth mix. The biggest problem is people tend to over do cardio and skim on strength. Muscle is what helps to burn more calories daily even after exercise ends. So hit some light weights!:bigsmile:
  • Noodles1982
    Noodles1982 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    It's 4 workouts (one a week). 3 mins of strength, 2 mins of cardio and 1 min of abs. Each move has a beginner, normal and advanced way of doing it and none of the moves are repeated from week to week.
  • NovemberJune
    NovemberJune Posts: 2,525 Member
    Options
    I'm currently doing Ripped in 30! My goal is to do 30 days by the end of the year. Just started this week and tonight will be my 2nd day. I also ride my exercise bike, so i'm not planning to do 30 days in a row. GOOD LUCK! :-)
  • ubabe1
    ubabe1 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Ripped in 30 has everything for every part of your body!! Thats one of the things I love about Jillians workouts...she gets you ALL OVER!!!!!!!!!! Right now I'm alternating between No More Trouble Zones and Boost Your Metabolism...two more awesome DVDs!!
  • gaby0324
    gaby0324 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I will be starting it on monday.
    Who wants to join me?
  • 07lucky07
    Options
    I am in! I did JMs 30 Day Shred in May, great workout considering it takes only 20 min.
    So, we are supossed to start on Monday and train 5 to 6 days a week?