Dude approaches me at the gym...

Options
fitnfreeme
fitnfreeme Posts: 102 Member
Says he's noticed me around a lot lately. Compliments my regular attendance. I'm sweaty and a little on the shy side anyway, so I ditch out pretty quick. We haven't ended our workouts at the same time again, but now he always waves and gives me a big smile when I enter and mouths "See ya" when he leaves. He's attractive, and I'm single. I am assuming he is too. What is gym pickup ettiquette? I have to ask because this type of thing has NEVER happened to me before.

Anyway, I'm not so concerned that I'm changing anything about my routine or wearing less crappy looking workoout clothes, but I think I would like to encourage him a little. Any advice?

Replies

• MissAnjy
    MissAnjy Posts: 2,480 Member
    Options
    Next time he mouths "seeya" summon him over & ask him what he's doing later? If he wants to get a post workout snack lol
  • SmartAlec03211988
    SmartAlec03211988 Posts: 1,896 Member
    Options
    Snatch him up girl! A lil "how you doin'?" with a little seductive expression will do the trick!
  • lrichardson2360
    lrichardson2360 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    Next time he mouths "seeya" summon him over & ask him what he's doing later? If he wants to get a post workout snack lol

This! Start out friendly and find out if he's single, if so, go in for the kill!
  • J3SSP3NNY
    Options
    Ask him to go get something to eat!!!!!!!
    He's obviously into you :)
  • andreabball
    andreabball Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Wow, that's awesome!! I know that has to feel good! I say just say hi and find out a little about him. The post-workout snack idea is a great one! Low-key, no pressure and that way, if you find out that he's a creep you can ditch without putting too much time or effort in. Congratulations and good luck!!
    -Andi
  • fionat29
    fionat29 Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    Just go for it!
    If he knocks you back, well, it's a life experience.
  • kdchick99
    kdchick99 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I agree with MissAnjy, ask him if he wants to get a post workout snack or shake? But you said you were shy, so do everything at your own pace and comfort. The workout clothes, if you want to wear something less crappy to encourage him than GO FOR IT! Can't hurt and he noticed you when you were in your crappy clothes, so something different may give him an extra push you ask you out. Remember stand tall, shoulders back, smile, and act like you belong there! Confidence is cute, sexy, and enpowering!
  • nolachick
    nolachick Posts: 3,278 Member
    Options
    Says he's noticed me around a lot lately. Compliments my regular attendance. I'm sweaty and a little on the shy side anyway, so I ditch out pretty quick. We haven't ended our workouts at the same time again, but now he always waves and gives me a big smile when I enter and mouths "See ya" when he leaves. He's attractive, and I'm single. I am assuming he is too. What is gym pickup ettiquette? I have to ask because this type of thing has NEVER happened to me before.

Anyway, I'm not so concerned that I'm changing anything about my routine or wearing less crappy looking workoout clothes, but I think I would like to encourage him a little. Any advice?

i'm very shy when it comes to guys too. and apart from being nice and friendly i probably wouldn't approach him or ask him out cuz that would be so awkward if he turns u down yikes.

just be friendly and open and smile right back and maybe try to walk out at the same time once to see strike up some casual conversation. thats all i got, i'm such a wimp hhaha. but i like when guys take the initiative. :blushing:
  • annabellj
    annabellj Posts: 1,337 Member
    Options
    I say go for it but you have to be careful also.If you love your workouts and then you dont end up liking him, it would suck to have him following you around all the time. I have a stalker at the gym and I totally tried to ignore him but of course i am nice and say hi or whatever. I have my wedding ring on and I have my buds in but its like he follows me around from machine to machine. I had to transfer to another branch cuz it was kind of creepy even though he was cute! Just saying this is my experience only not that it would happen to you!
  • ImKindOfABigDeal40
    ImKindOfABigDeal40 Posts: 807 Member
    Options
    Just act interested back. He's obviously into you.
  • UponThisRock
    UponThisRock Posts: 4,522 Member
    Options
    Ask him if he wants to burn some extra calories with you.

Be sure to report said calorie burn to MFP.

And always eat back your calories burned.
  • liftingbro
    liftingbro Posts: 2,029 Member
    Options
    Chances are is if he doesn't do the same with the other women in the gym, then he probably has a special interest in you. Go for it.
  • ashleighjoy2007
    ashleighjoy2007 Posts: 150 Member
    Options

ROFMLAO Please please please do this, for all the hidden badass in us shy girls!
  • nolachick
    nolachick Posts: 3,278 Member
    Options

lmao of course u wud suggest this!
  • liftingbro
    liftingbro Posts: 2,029 Member
    Options

ROFMLAO Please please please do this, for all the hidden badass in us shy girls!

Just go up to him and say, "I know some interesting ways to we can burn an extra burn". :flowerforyou:

Of course if he were a shy guy like me he'd probably do this :blushing: and then running-mickey-mouse.gif right out the door. :laugh:
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
    If you're shy, just summoning him over will probably do the trick actually. He's interested; the moment you show some interest in return he will make the move.
  • annabellj
    annabellj Posts: 1,337 Member
    Options
    you are all cracking me up! go for it you have nothing to lose!
  • fitnfreeme
    fitnfreeme Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the great tips! I will being trying some of them. Some of them I will not attempt... :)
  • Sidesteal
    Sidesteal Posts: 5,510 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the great tips! I will being trying some of them. Some of them I will not attempt... :)

Ask him to spot you from behind on barbell rows, yates rows, squats, and T-Bar rows.
  • Babushka_Dolly
    Babushka_Dolly Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Go for it girl! :happy:
    How about you fake really bad cramp so he has to come over and rub it better? :love: :blushing: HAHA! *joke!*
    No, I think an after work out snack is a great idea :flowerforyou:
    Good luck!!! let us know how it goes :wink: