i need advice please

Options
2»

Replies

• radicalmom
    radicalmom Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Absolutely! Doing something, anything every day or most days, is better than not doing anything at all. Black and white thinking...all or nothing...leads us to feeling bad. I think it is one of the many reasons that many overeat. Change your life out of self love not because you are not fit enough, weigh too much, blah, blah, blah (that's what goes on in my head) Little changes with great attitude shifts will help you most in the long haul.

Just having had surgery means taking it slowly you could experience a setback. Listen to your body. Lots of postive energy sent your way..............
  • Monnie61
    Monnie61 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi, I just read your post and I empathize with the dixcouragement. I just found Dr Amen's website and he has suggestions for weight loss for different "brain types" and supplements to help with nutritional deficiencies that can make it very hard to loose weight. I'm going to try it.,
  • Mennassey
    Mennassey Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you are having a lot of health complications. I understand that you don't feel as though you are working as hard as some other people on here, but you have to do what your body ables. Continue with your exercise routine. Try to change your diet. A lot of bad foods keep you in a depressed state. If you stick with this long enough you will begin to feel different, and more confident in yourself. If your looking for more friends, add me. I'd me more than glad to help you how I can.
  • JOANIE69
    JOANIE69 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    When I first started, I could only exercise for 15-20 minutes on wiifit plus, and I worked up from there... Just do what you can, and build up as you can... You'll get there!! :-D
    thankyou for your reply:flowerforyou:
  • JOANIE69
    Options
    thankyou x
  • JOANIE69
    Options
    Absolutely! Doing something, anything every day or most days, is better than not doing anything at all. Black and white thinking...all or nothing...leads us to feeling bad. I think it is one of the many reasons that many overeat. Change your life out of self love not because you are not fit enough, weigh too much, blah, blah, blah (that's what goes on in my head) Little changes with great attitude shifts will help you most in the long haul.

Just having had surgery means taking it slowly you could experience a setback. Listen to your body. Lots of postive energy sent your way..............
    thanks for your kind words
  • JOANIE69
    Options
    a huge massive thankyou for everyones kind words and help so much appreciated .joanie xxxxxxxxxxx
  • RagtimeLady
    RagtimeLady Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    What everyone else said! Just a note on the antidepressants - I gained weight on the ones that aren't supposed to make you gain weight. Went off them, got very depressed. Did my homework - and I asked my doctor if I could try Wellbutrin. It has given me my life back, and it gives me energy!

Regarding the exercise, do what you can, not what you think you should based on other people. However much you do today, do just a little more tomorrow. Some things you gotta build up to. You can do it! Take your time and do it right. Google "exercise base training" - you should do a lot of base training at first. It is NOT strenuous, but you train your body to burn fat and prepare it for harder workouts later. Trust me - it's important!
  • em1976
    em1976 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I see you wrote 'only 5'.Gotta say 'wow Ive Lost 5!!!'Try to adjust your thinking,it takes time,focus on the small goals and do not obsess over the number you wish to lose until you are in a routine and your fitness is up.Baby steps:)Take each goal and make it small enough so you can see constant results.10 mins is 10 mins,don't beat yourself up about not being able to run a bazillion kms a day:)Everytime you do a workout your moving closer to the end goal,remember it takes time,I understand the want to have the weight drop off but you need to remember this is a lifestyle change,your attitude toward yourself,your food,your life is slowly changing and will continue to do so.

Pat yourself on the back for the 5 you have lost.Its 5!!Check your measurements,that helps me when I feel Ive made no progress.If your feeling down,perhaps go for a little walk around the block.You can add a resistance band to your workouts or if your stuck bottles of water,soup cans as weights.

Congratulations on the 5 you have lost:)Be proud of losing it and be proud you have chosen to be healthy.Many do not even reach the point of wanting to start on the journey let alone can say they have lost 5:)Well done,stick with it!!!Your doing fantastic and remember doesn't matter how long this takes you:)A cm, a pound, its a loss:)
  • JOANIE69
    Options
    What everyone else said! Just a note on the antidepressants - I gained weight on the ones that aren't supposed to make you gain weight. Went off them, got very depressed. Did my homework - and I asked my doctor if I could try Wellbutrin. It has given me my life back, and it gives me energy!

Regarding the exercise, do what you can, not what you think you should based on other people. However much you do today, do just a little more tomorrow. Some things you gotta build up to. You can do it! Take your time and do it right. Google "exercise base training" - you should do a lot of base training at first. It is NOT strenuous, but you train your body to burn fat and prepare it for harder workouts later. Trust me - it's important!
    thanks for your reply
  • JOANIE69
    Options
    I see you wrote 'only 5'.Gotta say 'wow Ive Lost 5!!!'Try to adjust your thinking,it takes time,focus on the small goals and do not obsess over the number you wish to lose until you are in a routine and your fitness is up.Baby steps:)Take each goal and make it small enough so you can see constant results.10 mins is 10 mins,don't beat yourself up about not being able to run a bazillion kms a day:)Everytime you do a workout your moving closer to the end goal,remember it takes time,I understand the want to have the weight drop off but you need to remember this is a lifestyle change,your attitude toward yourself,your food,your life is slowly changing and will continue to do so.

Pat yourself on the back for the 5 you have lost.Its 5!!Check your measurements,that helps me when I feel Ive made no progress.If your feeling down,perhaps go for a little walk around the block.You can add a resistance band to your workouts or if your stuck bottles of water,soup cans as weights.

Congratulations on the 5 you have lost:)Be proud of losing it and be proud you have chosen to be healthy.Many do not even reach the point of wanting to start on the journey let alone can say they have lost 5:)Well done,stick with it!!!Your doing fantastic and remember doesn't matter how long this takes you:)A cm, a pound, its a loss:)
  • JOANIE69
    Options

thanks for your kind reply
  • Jennieam
    Jennieam Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    I think you're doing great! I'm lucky if I get in 40 min of walking or bike riding. Getting weight off takes time and persistence. Do not give up. You'll have lots of support from this site!

Totally agree. On most days, I only get in about 40 minutes of walking my dog. At weekends, I do more (mainly digging in the garden, and walking).

I've been with MFP for about 10 weeks. In that time, I've kept under my calorie limit each day, and done the exercise mentioned above. I've lost about 9 kg (just under 20 lbs).

Admittedly I am thinking that I need to up the intensity of exercise - however my point is that I joined MFP, and have done much less exercise than you, and have still lost weight, improved my stamina, and dropped a size in my clothing.

You can do it too ...
  • broby425
    Options
    Repeating what everyone else has said: Listen to your body. Do what you can, but allow your body to heal. When it does, you can set higher goals. *Any* exercise is better than *no* exercise. Meanwhile, pay close attention to what you eat. I remind myself that it took a long time to get to where I was, and it will take a long time to get to where I want to be. The journey of 1000 miles begins with the first step...you are well on your way!
  • JOANIE69
    Options
    I think you're doing great! I'm lucky if I get in 40 min of walking or bike riding. Getting weight off takes time and persistence. Do not give up. You'll have lots of support from this site!

Totally agree. On most days, I only get in about 40 minutes of walking my dog. At weekends, I do more (mainly digging in the garden, and walking).

I've been with MFP for about 10 weeks. In that time, I've kept under my calorie limit each day, and done the exercise mentioned above. I've lost about 9 kg (just under 20 lbs).

Admittedly I am thinking that I need to up the intensity of exercise - however my point is that I joined MFP, and have done much less exercise than you, and have still lost weight, improved my stamina, and dropped a size in my clothing.

You can do it too ...
    thanks for your reply you have done fab hope i do x
  • JOANIE69
    Options
    Repeating what everyone else has said: Listen to your body. Do what you can, but allow your body to heal. When it does, you can set higher goals. *Any* exercise is better than *no* exercise. Meanwhile, pay close attention to what you eat. I remind myself that it took a long time to get to where I was, and it will take a long time to get to where I want to be. The journey of 1000 miles begins with the first step...you are well on your way!
    thanks for fab advice means a lot