LEAN CUISINE??

Options
2»

Replies

• isherryb
    isherryb Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    High sodium, and they aren't very filling but good for a late lunch. I usually go for the ones lower in calories.
  • AI1108
    AI1108 Posts: 488 Member
    Options
    you can usually make a healthier version of them with less calories, less sodium and tastier if you made them homemade. they really do taste like they came out of a box.

edited to add: I've never found them very filling for the amount of calories.
  • doublexhelix
    doublexhelix Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    i am not a big fan... but the amy's brand tends to have some pretty good tasting ones! i like those as microwave meals, but they are a bit on the pricey side
  • tiptoeketo
    tiptoeketo Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    Edible, yes.

Satisfying, no.
  • CallieDerenthal
    CallieDerenthal Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    umm, i pretty much live on lean cuisine dinners. they have quite a few i like. they are high in sodium but for me it's a quick and easy meal and i love the fact that i know how many calories i'm getting (since someone else has already measured it all out for me).
  • auntie_missy
    auntie_missy Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    I love the chicken spring rolls. Other than that, though, I don't find them filling or very tasty. They don't have a lot of veggies and of course the sodium is through the roof. When I'm looking for a quick frozen meal, I always start with the Kashi meals. I really like the pesto pasta primavera and the black bean enchilada.
  • landlwoof
    landlwoof Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I just stocked up on a bunch of those and the WW Smart Ones. I'm starting to structure my eating more so I don't have to think about what to eat............helps keep me in line. I'm eating a packet of Quaker Weight Control oatmeal for breakfast or the Heart Healthy Bananas and Nuts and then one of those frozen meals for lunch. I find I do need snacks in between my meals for sure so that's where I'm getting my fruit and veggies.
  • nicehormones
    nicehormones Posts: 503 Member
    Options
    I have a few of these in my freezer for those emergency situations where I forgot to pack a lunch for work and don't have time. I would rather eat one of those than go out to eat and have something way worse. Just very high in sodium is all. But they're not really that bad.
  • traceyaand
    traceyaand Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Stay away from the oriental meals and the mexican cuisine. ish! Teeny tiny meals. Not satisfyinging. Healthy Choice steamers are lots better for filling me up and taste wise.