71 pounds gone...not finished yet!

Options
JimieLou
JimieLou Posts: 273 Member
So I began this journey in February. When I started I weighed in at 302 pounds. My high weight was 314. Today, I am officially 230 pounds. My goal is to hit 199, my ultimate goal is 180 maybe even lower. I can't believe when I look at the pictures side by side how different I look because when I look in the mirror, I just see same old fat me. However, these pictures don't lie. I've gone from a size 26 to a size 18 and am completely thrilled.

fat.jpg
at 314 pounds

dress.jpg
at 250 pounds

30DayShred009.jpg
Today at 230 pounds!!!!!

Replies

• acuratlsd
    Options
    Congrats! If I loose 70lbs I will be where I need to be.

Can you inform everyone in this thread how you did it to give us motivation please...
  • ycc1964
    ycc1964 Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    Fantastic
  • BeautyFromPain
    BeautyFromPain Posts: 4,952 Member
    Options
    you look amazing! :)
  • elo83
    elo83 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    You look great!!! Congrats!
  • kristitampl
    kristitampl Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Great Job!
  • LisaDunn01
    LisaDunn01 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    You look FANTASTIC!!! Great job! :happy:
  • lkmisztela
    Options
    Awesome job - huge difference! :)))
  • darbobo
    Options
    wow, that is awesome, you look like a totally different person...congratz
  • SaishaLea
    SaishaLea Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    Congrats!!!! You look wonderful!!!
  • BrandyRelaxing
    BrandyRelaxing Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    That's totally amazing! The pictures definitely don't lie, you've made a huge change in your appearance, and I'm sure you're feeling amazing too!

Congratulations!!
  • Umeboshi
    Umeboshi Posts: 1,637 Member
    Options
    Amazing progress!! Congratulations!
  • LJ102011
    LJ102011 Posts: 110
    Options
    Congratulations! You are a very beautiful girl! Keep up the good work!:flowerforyou:
  • Shrinking_Xtina
    Shrinking_Xtina Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    Awesome, you look amazing!
  • sandi50lock
    sandi50lock Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    looking goood
  • 2bFitNTrim
    2bFitNTrim Posts: 1,209 Member
    Options
    You should be thrilled! Beautiful!
  • Manysongs
    Options
    Wow!!! Congrats! You look Great!!! :))

10879315.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • RNMDFF
    RNMDFF Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    you look fantastic, I hope you feel it
  • girard5
    girard5 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Wow! You look incredible! Congrats on all of your hard work!!!
  • JimieLou
    JimieLou Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys!

Here's how I did it. I wish I could tell you there is a magic pill or a secret potion, but we all know there isn't.

I started by walking 30 mins a day and worked my way up. I now walk an hour every single day except the day I bartend because I'm on my feet all day. I eat sensibly. Not a lot of packaged foods, but fresher things. One major thing for me is to NOT deprive myself of anything or I will derail and not get anywhere.

Once my stamina was built up, I added bike riding. In the spring and summer, I ride my bike everywhere I possibly can....saves a load on fuel too...I also threw in 30 DS occassionally. I never did it 30 days straight...just as a way to mix things up every once in a while.

When I hit 275, I "rewarded" myself with a heavy bag and boxing gloves...awesome stress relief as well....

When I hit 250, I "rewarded" myself with an elliptical....love it!

I like mixing it up because I hate monotony. If I don't keep mixing it up, I won't keep succeeding.

In September, I hit a roadblock. I plateaued hardcore. I had been losing quite steadily until then. Then , my weight loss came to a screeching halt. I still diligently watched my calorie intake and continued to exercise, but no loss. So, towards the end of October, I because frustrated and I decided I would do 30DS for the 30 days you're supposed to. I'm only 17 days into the 30 days, and that was enough of a change to make the number on the scale drop again.

I LOVE MFP and my friends on here. There support and the support of my family is what majorly gets me through. There are days that I don't wanna work out, but I make myself anyways, because I love the end result.

My advice for everyone is to just keep going. Slow and steady wins the race and you have to keep on keeping on in order to get anywhere!
  • broby425
    Options
    Great job! Congrats!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!