Stay at Home Moms and Dads---4/13-4/19

Options

Replies

• staceyw37
    staceyw37 Posts: 2,094 Member
    Options
    dress is cute and fits just beautifully!

as far as re-assessing your goal--i dunno. did you check your bmi? compare to wt before kids? taken measurements? can you fit in all the stuff you cdn't when you started this?
    maybe go on maintainence for 2 or 3 weeks and see how that goes and how you feel at the end of that period.

hang in there, chica
  • staceyw37
    Options
    Stacy,

I feel for you! I have done VERY badly this week also! I ate way too much on Easter..and then this week has been so busy and I have been out so much...I have eaten at McDonald's every day since Monday - and yesterday, I ate there for both breakfast AND lunch! Not good choices, either! Not to mention chocolate cookies today and some cake yesterday and candy on Monday. No good! I need to get back on track. I also have not been exercising. By some miracle, the scale was kind this morning but I have a feeling I will be up at least one pound tomorrow.

I am also embarrassed to admit it! Somehow we will get our motivation back!

hugs to you, kathy! it is hard to keep at this week after week. for now, i'm going to drink my h2o and do my leslie sansone dvd. that always makes me feel better--and will get me to the kids' bedtime. hehe
  • mommachag
    mommachag Posts: 318
    Options

as far as re-assessing your goal--i dunno. did you check your bmi? compare to wt before kids? taken measurements? can you fit in all the stuff you cdn't when you started this?
    maybe go on maintainence for 2 or 3 weeks and see how that goes and how you feel at the end of that period.

hang in there, chica
    im in the normal range of BMI but my clothes still dont fit right. I think maybe I may go for 110 in stead of the 105. Im not happy with where I am but then again I am not sure I will ever be happy with what my body looks like.
  • staceyw37
    Options

hang in there, chica
    im in the normal range of BMI but my clothes still dont fit right. I think maybe I may go for 110 in stead of the 105. Im not happy with where I am but then again I am not sure I will ever be happy with what my body looks like.
    annemarie--point 2 is valid, but hopefully one you can overcome. i've read so many self-help/spirit books over the years. one activity that is helpful is to write down 10 things you like about yourself physically from head to toe and then a list of 10 about you as a person/personality-wise.
    really give yourself 15min to do this (or longer). little by little you will come to SEE the beauty of you and in you. (this exercise is from Simple Abundance).
    hth :heart: :heart:
  • staceyw37
    Options
    last post for the night--
    walked 5mi with leslie! 2 little ones even joined for part. and they got bathed and big sis read story to baby and put him to bed. how sweet (and helpful!).
    now it's time to put the last one in to bed--ahhh

g'night ladies. sweet dreams
  • wilted6orchid
    wilted6orchid Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    Stacey, I'm glad you got through it.

Here's to tomorrow!:flowerforyou:
  • writer4him
    writer4him Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    Today is a new day! Just checking in to say hello! Gearing up for a healthy day!
  • mommachag
    Options
    morning :grumble:
    im still here.
    thank you stacy for the idea. I now have a list of 4 whole things. it is not easy. I am just in a funk. that is why I am back here bright and early. you guys are all so supportive, and genuine. I need that right now
  • staceyw37
    Options
    morning :grumble:
    im still here.
    thank you stacy for the idea. I now have a list of 4 whole things. it is not easy. I am just in a funk. that is why I am back here bright and early. you guys are all so supportive, and genuine. I need that right now

glad it helps--but 10, 10, 10!
    if that's you in the ticker--you have a beautiful smile, nice round shoulders, good bone structure, long hair which can then be styled many ways....
    as for personality--again from the picture--you know how to enjoy being with your kids, you can laugh
    see....it's that easy-and i don't even "know" you!
    you can come up with 10 easy peasy--if you let go of that critical voice and find the one that loves you like you love your kids. :heart:

seriously, tho, i'm sorry you're in a funk. those are hard to deal with. again, i have a list idea--i'm a virgo, i love lists! :laugh:

i have chronic depression (which when uncontrolled manifests w/anger, meanness). also child #1 is special needs and sometimes it's like rams butting heads.
    so one day i made a list "what to do when there's nothing to do and i'm in a funk"
    examples: call a friend, meet for lunch (names of friends to call), call another SAHM, go to park, put baby in jog stroller and walk, call my dh's blackberry (special phone # just for me to call and vent--he dsn't answer this phone) etc etc
    The idea is to CHANGE the day for me.
    i keep this list in my calendar book so i can easily reference it.

Well, that's my "book" for today. i really need to dry my hair and get ready. the 2 little ones and i are going to the library (for a change of scenery and so they don't fight all day).

hope it has helped to come to mfp and "visit" us. i'll be thinkin' of you. :flowerforyou:
  • staceyw37
    Options
    well, i've given this some thought. i can't do (ie, don't want to do) the no sweets challenge that marla does.
    but i am giving myself the No Sugar Cereal challenge from now till May 1. for me that means not eating the kids' cereal incl the rice krispies b/c i will go overboard on that too. just stickin with my oatmeal.
    i'm hoping that two weeks w/o will put me on the track to go longer and just not turn to them as my trigger food. make sense?
    anyway, that's the plan. i have snacks and lunch all packed up for me. so it's off to library and then mcd for the kids. i'm not that concerned abt their eating! :laugh: more looking at it as a place to play on this chilly spring day in vegas. brrr

later folks! :heart:
  • mommachag
    Options
    morning all. bit rough here still but i do feel better after getting outside and running with the kids

it was a rough day for injuries too.nate (the baby)he fell at the playgground and smashed his tooth into his lip. it bled a lot but he was fine in like 5 minutes. hes almost 2 so he wasnt phased
    then last night at baseball practice aj took a pop fly to the face. he had forgotten his sports glasses but I went back for them. normally he would have been SOL but I got them for him. THANK GOD ! it hit him right in the eye. he went down to the ground. he seems ok today still has a headache though.

on a plus im down a few more ounces now that all the bad for you stuff is out of the house.
    we are house hunting and I am finding it stressfull. i think we may have found a house though. we shall see i guess.

how is everyone here doing? it's been quiet.
  • heather93277
    Options
    morning all. bit rough here still but i do feel better after getting outside and running with the kids

it was a rough day for injuries too.nate (the baby)he fell at the playgground and smashed his tooth into his lip. it bled a lot but he was fine in like 5 minutes. hes almost 2 so he wasnt phased
    then last night at baseball practice aj took a pop fly to the face. he had forgotten his sports glasses but I went back for them. normally he would have been SOL but I got them for him. THANK GOD ! it hit him right in the eye. he went down to the ground. he seems ok today still has a headache though.

Sorry you're having a rough time... I am too, with my kids...

Took them to the dentist yesterday, my daughter cut her tongue on one of the instruments, then when the dentist started investigating her tongue, found that she needs to have that flap under her tongue clipped. I guess a dr. around here does it with a laser so it's pretty quick and painless, but sheesh! She also has a crossbite & needs a thing put in her roof of her mouth to widen it..

Then, she comes home from school in tears saying she fell off the monkey bars and fell onto her arm. So I'm taking her in to the dr. in a few minutes to see if she just jammed/sprained it or if it's more than that.

Also, the dentist already informed me all 3 kids are going to need braces LOL. sheesh. I just keep hearing cha-ching, cha-ching!! Good thing we have insurance!

Thanks for letting me vent LOL. :laugh:
  • staceyw37
    Options
    hi folks! heather--the ortho stuff adds up $$ totally understand. and how's her arm? i hope nothing's broken.
    annemarie--you did have it rough. i hope the boys are feeling alright this afternoon.

i'm feeling VERY worn out--body wise, brain wise. i have a sitter coming tomorrow and that will help. i'll take the girls + friend to hannah montana, which i want to see too.
    i just know i have to take it easy tonight and turn in before 10.

so far i am resisting the kid sugar cereal. that's a biggie for me. :happy:

and now, that's all. like i said--brain fuzzy today. have a good one all :drinker:
  • heather93277
    Options
    they don't see any obvious breaks but are waiting for the radiologists report to rule out hairline fractures, I guess. will have that on Monday. they gave her a sling for the weekend just to be safe... I think it's just a bad sprain :wink:

I sure could use a break too, to recharge the batteries... I'm envious you get one! enjoy it! :bigsmile:
  • staceyw37
    Options
    yes, heather, my husb is very good about me getting sitters. he owns his own business and often works nights and weekends--usually several days in a row. and he knows i just need a break. so we've used a nanny service for a few years now and it works out really well. sometimes it's just that i need another helping hand, sometimes i do chores, sometimes i'm out (errands or dr) and sometimes i sleep. it is really helpful (espec as we have no family around).

i noticed another mom thread up--and that this week this thread seems to be my personal blog :laugh: --are we dying out? do people want to switch?
    sara, marla, tazzy, ---other long-timers--what do you think??

i'm happy here (obviously), but thought i'd ask.

well, time to turn in. hope you all had a lovely day! :smooched: (blowing kisses)
  • Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    Options
    heck no-- this one ebbs and flows-- waxes and wanes-- a lot of threads do.

I popped onto the other one because I wanted to comment on the names of somebody's kids-- but this is "home." :wink:

As we have our stresses and endure what we endure, often people pull back for a while-- then resurface. And others pop in and the thread takes on a new personality-- it's cool.

A lot of people are crazy with stress, and only have time for one or two threads and this may not be on their list this week--

Also, bear in mind -- the "stay-at-home" moniker is a bit more of a niche. The other group is a bit more general-- mommies of youngsters-- or however. I do believe another group had started for moms who work outside the home--

One thing's for sure-- there are enough threads for everyone to find their place-- but this particular thread has been going for awhile-- like I said, the traffic here is higher at times, but it's generally in proportion to the stress levels in our lives.

Yeah, I know-- rambling-- wanta make somethin' of it? :wink:

nitey-nite.

Edited to add-- PS: I had some chocolate tonight-- it was yummy. Back to the challenge tomorrow--
  • staceyw37
    Options
    heck no-- this one ebbs and flows-- waxes and wanes-- a lot of threads do.

I popped onto the other one because I wanted to comment on the names of somebody's kids-- but this is "home." :wink:

As we have our stresses and endure what we endure, often people pull back for a while-- then resurface. And others pop in and the thread takes on a new personality-- it's cool.

A lot of people are crazy with stress, and only have time for one or two threads and this may not be on their list this week--

Also, bear in mind -- the "stay-at-home" moniker is a bit more of a niche. The other group is a bit more general-- mommies of youngsters-- or however. I do believe another group had started for moms who work outside the home--

One thing's for sure-- there are enough threads for everyone to find their place-- but this particular thread has been going for awhile-- like I said, the traffic here is higher at times, but it's generally in proportion to the stress levels in our lives.

Yeah, I know-- rambling-- wanta make somethin' of it? :wink:

nitey-nite.

Edited to add-- PS: I had some chocolate tonight-- it was yummy. Back to the challenge tomorrow--

see...that's why i asked people who've been around longer. :tongue: this thread suits me best too, but since i've been post happy this week, i didn't want my voice to dominate.

and you've been doing awesome on your challenge! yours inspired mine--and i'm doing it. i still had graham crackers with choc chips and marshmallows for my nite time snack--but i measured, counted and stayed in my calories with it. (i'm not going to mention my middle of the night snack attack!! that's b/n me and the pantry :laugh: )

hope you all have a beautiful, bright start to your saturday! :flowerforyou:
  • heather93277
    Options
    hahaha I almost had a middle of the night snack too :laugh:

I've just been so HUNGRY!!! so I got up and downed a huge glass of water then went right back to sleep... woke up to the sound of my stomach growling though :bigsmile:

PS... I didn't lose any weight this week, but I measured and lost 2 inches in my waist and 1 inch in my hips!!! I'll take it!! :drinker:
  • tazzy
    tazzy Posts: 197
    Options
    Still here too just had a hectic week with kids still off school they go back on mon woohoo. The weather has been gr8 so we have been out quite a lot just not had time to check in been ok with the diet but not lost any weight in 4 weeks now will get stuck in again on mon get my routine back for 1 week then hubby gets his rest week again and he will be here to get under my feet plus my mum and dad are going to florida for 2 weeks so I have to go and walk her dogs every day my bro feeds them coz he lives there but I have to go and walk them and groom them my bro is lazy. So more busy times ahead will find out this week if the puppy we are waiting for exists she is due on the 21st and I had an e-mail from her owner in the week saying she definately preggo as she felt the puppies moving please everyone keep your fingers crossed that there is a show quality blue merle in there I soooo want this dog 2 years waiting has made me insane.

Have a good weekend all.
  • staceyw37
    Options
    heather--congratulations on losing inches! that sure makes clothes feel better!

and tazzy--it's great that you've been out enjoying the weather. still lovin your new bike trailer? how fun for the kids! the wt will come--look at what you've already done. just keep at it and success will be yours.

hubby home (yay!) and went to see h.m. movie with the girls. really liked it--and cried and cried. not b/c of the movie/story line exactly, more that it made me appreciate (again) the blessings of my children, espec as i was holding #2 on my lap at the time.
    those daily aha moments are blessings in and of themselves.

so hope y'all enjoy the rest of the day. will check in tomorrow. :flowerforyou: