Your first 'love'

Options

Replies

• Mireille
    Mireille Posts: 5,134 Member
    Options
    Many, many crushes but my first love when I was 15 and we dated until we were 19.
    His mom was pressuring him to date other people because we were so young. He was confused and broke my heart twice in 1 month...:cry:

6 months later, wanted me back and I said no.

I haven't seen him since I was 21 (now 37). I sometimes wonder how he's doing and I truly hope he's happy. He was a really great guy.
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options
    Many, many crushes but my first love when I was 15 and we dated until we were 19.
    His mom was pressuring him to date other people because we were so young. He was confused and broke my heart twice in 1 month...:cry:

I haven't seen him since I was 21 (now 37). I sometimes wonder how he's doing and I truly hope he's happy. He was a really great guy.

you said no

still havnt learned
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Options

I hear he's stage manager for NKOTB. :bigsmile:
  • Mireille
    Options

you said no

still havnt learned

never! :wink:
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options

perfect:laugh:
  • Mireille
    Options

Thank goodness I didn't go back to him. I don't think he'd appreciate me fondling Donnie. :wink:
  • Destined
    Destined Posts: 116
    Options
    Pixie.. my friends think I am crazy, but I do not let any woman get close to my man. I don't care who they are. My sister, my best friend whoever. They can smile in your face and turn around and go with your man. b..s can be really sneaky I tell ya...I am sorry you went thru that. He didn't deserve U at all.
  • scottc
    scottc Posts: 72
    Options
    :heart: I married my first love. We met at the end of my freshman year in high school. God is the glue that keeps our family of 4 together and strong. :heart:
  • Nich0le
    Nich0le Posts: 2,906 Member
    Options
    I don't think I really loved anyone but myself until I met my husband, until then most guys irritated teh crap out of me by about the third week of dating. They usually said or did something that made me dislike them after that amount of time.

My husband on the other hand I saw him leaning against a wall, smoking a cigarette (but he looked good :wink: ) and I told my friends I would have him by the end of the summer, yes it sounded as bad as I planned on it being :laugh: One date and he gave me a key to his apartment and 8 days later I moved in and that was 18 years ago. :blushing:

I hate feet, so I guess I knew it was true love when I didn't mind his feet being near me :laugh: :laugh:
  • kimber607
    kimber607 Posts: 7,128 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing everyone.....
    This topic came to mind because of a close friend who was contacted by her first love on facebook (that's why I stay away from that site..LOL)

My first hunk of man was when I was a Freshman in HS and he was a Junior...
    His name was Greg and he was a skater dude..I asked him to my HS dance
    We dated for a year until he dumped me because I wouldn't 'give up the goods'
    I was too proud to tell him how much I cared during the relationship and played the tough chick, and as much as it killed me ( and thankfully) never called him after he gave me the boot

I saw him again in college at a party we were having and we kissed....I never saw him after that
    He went to school out of state...I guess that was a good 15 yrs ago *GULP*

Kim
  • FitnessGeek
    FitnessGeek Posts: 487
    Options
    Who was your first love...how long did u date/how old were you?
    My first love was at 17 when I fell for a co-worker. We have now been together for 5 years. He's the first and only person I've ever been with, and I just feel so lucky. :heart: I guess the next two questions don't apply!
  • SHBoss1673
    SHBoss1673 Posts: 7,161 Member
    Options
    Ahh yes, that would be Kathleen. I was 21, and very very stupid! LOL!

She cheated on me, a lot. But then, we were in college, and everyone cheated on everyone back then (I don't think I ever cheated on her though).

Anyway, haven't heard from or of her in about 6 years I think. I saw her at a wedding about 6 years ago, about a year after the wifey and I were married. She had gained like 50 lbs. I was happy about that. Horrible thought? Yeah, it was, but I'm only human. I do hope she's happy though, I haven't thought about her in a while. And I probably won't again after this post, not for a long time.
  • kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    Options
    My first love's name was Alec. Man, he was cuuuuuuute. We met when we were 15, broke up when we were almost 17. We're still friends. We were kind of long distance... I guess that's why we broke up. It was mutual, we were just too young for all that. :flowerforyou:
  • kimber607
    kimber607 Posts: 7,128 Member
    Options
    Pooor Banks!
    :brokenheart:

I think you're a cheater or your aren't...I guess though when u are younger it can be different
    I've had 3 serious bf/relationships and never cheated on any of them
    I felt if u want something else/better, and it's not working...have the courtesy/guts to let the other person go rather than make them look like a fool
    I was cheated on once, didn't care that much...he confessed
    The only thing that bothered me is I went to visit him at school and he introduced me to her and we all hung out that night
    That PISSED me off...needless to say he was history..he could have bought me a flower shop and he would never have made it out of the dog house!

Kim
  • kellch
    kellch Posts: 7,849 Member
    Options
    Chocolate drool.gif

Love at first bite. The first time I ever laid eyes on it, I knew we were destined to spend a lifetime together. Up until about a year ago we were inseperable but I had to slow things down. I had to limit our time together. And though we spend time together now and then, it just cant be as often, and as much as it used to be. Chocolate will always have a special place in my heart but I just have to look out for me, you know? Oh, the heartache. It does get easier with time though :smokin:

:bigsmile: :laugh: :bigsmile: :laugh: :bigsmile: :laugh:
    :tongue:
  • mello
    mello Posts: 817 Member
    Options
    His name was Sean, I was 16 and had met him the summer I worked as a Red Cross Volunteer in a military hospital. He was 19 and doing his training as an x-ray tech for the National Guard at the same hospital. Being that young my parents discouraged the relationship because I was still in High school while he was already working on his career.

We connected about six years later, dated for a couple of months and it just fizzled out.

Funny how things change, at 16 he was everything, at 22......not so much.
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Options
    My first love was my son's father. I was 17 when I had my son and he was 18. We never married and he was still so young and into the who party scene. I had to grow up fast because I was responsible for this little baby. So while I grew up, he continued to party. We would see each other once in a while. Then when my son was about 2 his father had a horrible motorcycle accident. The girl on the bike with him died (his best friends wife) and he was severly brain damaged. (You wouldn't know it to look at him, he is still gorgeous!). Any way. His father took him to Kentucky to take care of him. He lost most of his memory but the first thing he said when he came out of the coma was asking for me and our son.
    I am still best friends with his sister and still talk to him occaisionally. Our son is now 25 and he grew up w/out him around but they still talk on the phone. My wonderful husband even let him live with us for a few months so that he could develop a relationship with his son!!! He will always have a place in my heart and I know he feels the same for me. We just weren't meant to be together. He got a lot of his memory back and is almost normal except for his speech, he can't form sentences and he has seizures. But he is still a sweetheart.

Wow. What a tragic, romantic story.
    You should write a Lifetime movie outta that.
    (I am not trying to make light of the situation at all... I'm serious.)
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Options
    I saw her at a wedding about 6 years ago, about a year after the wifey and I were married. She had gained like 50 lbs. I was happy about that. Horrible thought? Yeah, it was, but I'm only human.

This is why I was determined to lose most of my excess weight before my high school reunion next month.

But don't worry Banks -- women do the same thing. We look at old boyfriends and take a smug satisfaction in them balding or getting beer guts, etc. It IS human to feel that way, even if you don't want to, IMHO.
  • heather0mc
    heather0mc Posts: 4,656 Member
    Options
    my pals got me a coffee mug with this picture on it:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :

ex-boyfriend.jpg
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Options
    Who was your first love...how long did u date/how old were you?
    Did u reach out for them....do they reach out for you recently?
    Have u seen them since your break-up?

Met in high school. Began dating. I was 16, he was 17.
    Married in 2001 days before I turned 20, he was 20.
    Times changed. Life threw hardship at us. I was more flexible, adaptable. He wasn't.
    His personality shifted. No longer the man I'd loved, dated and married.
    Years passed. All my hopes never happened; he never changed back.
    No amount of talking could fix it. We are now incompatible.
    I left him this past Wednesday. Moved my daughter and I in with my folks.
    8 years married this June. 11 and 1/2 years together. I am two months shy of 28. He is 28.
    Not time wasted. I've learned a lot about myself. I have my beautiful daughter.
    Life is still good. (I have to keep repeating this.)