how to beat a cold??????

Options
hey, i was just wondering if anyone out there had any great ideas to cure a cold fast thanks in advance!!!!!!

Replies

• applebobbrush
    applebobbrush Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    This is what works for me....I usually take probiotics daily when I feel a cold coming on I take extra probiotics, drink lots of echinecha tea from celestial seasonings and get lots of vitamin C. I make sure to take the tea and vitamin C several times a day because your body can only absorb so much at one time the rest gets pee'd out. Of course hydrate a ton. It seems to help me get over it really quick.
  • Craig_hyde
    Craig_hyde Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Unfortunately the best way to help beat a cold is to keep fairly active and let your immune system do the rest. Keep your fluids up too.
  • Saksgirl1
    Options
    Call me old fashioned but my gramdas homeade chicken soup recipe always works for me!
  • musicgirl88
    musicgirl88 Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    Tea with honey, chicken noodle soup, vitamin C tablets, tons of fluids, and not just lying around unless it's a headcold and you're dizzy. Get up and move around if it is just a regular cold! If it's a head cold/sinus cold, you do need to rest in case you get dizzy. Also, if it's a sinus cold, ask your doc for Dallergy...it works wonders!!!!
  • joyzoso
    joyzoso Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    wet sock treatment : wet some cotton socks, wring them out, put them on AND put dry wool socks over that
    sleep overnight and they will be dry in the morning. I suggest doing it each night until you are in the clear

fresh ginger, fresh mint, honey and lemon

elderberry
  • RobertG86
    Options
    two shots of wiskey right before you go to sleep and let your body sweat it out. proven method.
  • Saksgirl1
    Options
    two shots of wiskey right before you go to sleep and let your body sweat it out. proven method.

Does that REALLY work?
  • bregalad5
    bregalad5 Posts: 3,965 Member
    Options
    I'm tempted to rip my throat out right now, but I'm hoping just letting it run its course will work better :indifferent:
  • pandasand
    pandasand Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Boil some water and add lemon, fresh ginger, and some honey. It's really soothing to the throat. Drink that and eat an orange (vitamin C). Take a multivitamin.
  • fridayjustleft04
    fridayjustleft04 Posts: 851 Member
    Options
    Unless I'm dizzy, I workout. Sweating it out usually works for me, and I'm sick for way shorter than I would have been had I not worked out.
  • RobertG86
    Options
    yes
  • CannibalisticVegetarian
    Options
    Thanks for posting this threat. I commented on my mother being sick earlier today in the car... and now I'm also sniffling, sneezing, and dealing with a headache. I'm just gonna get some of this-here advice for myself if ya don't mind.
  • mrmarch911
    mrmarch911 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    awsome, thanks everyone i will try some of these, i do love chicken noodle soup :) and whiskey :$ ...... and feel free cannibalistic to use what ever info off here u wish thats what it here for
  • gagan4010
    Options
    thanks it also helped me alot,, i like the option of probiotic drinks with high fiber vegetables like cabbage , boiled kidney beans ,cereals ....
    do exercises like yoga, jogging ,
    or have hot water bath . and wear multi layerd cloths
  • gorgeouss9
    Options
    Boil some water and add lemon, fresh ginger, and some honey. It's really soothing to the throat. Drink that and eat an orange (vitamin C). Take a multivitamin.

i was going to say the same thing! minus the multivitamin.
  • blink1021
    blink1021 Posts: 1,118 Member
    Options
    teachers swear by that airborne. If you can catch it early they say it works the best. They should know from working in germ factories.
  • firedragon064
    firedragon064 Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    I vote for the whisky
  • mgdiock
    mgdiock Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    The best way to beat a cold is not to get one in the first place:

- Take L-Lysine as a supplement. I take 1 pill daily and have not had a cold in over a year.
    - Take a multivitamin.
    -Wash your hands thoroughly and use a hand sanatizer.

Note: Taking Vitamin C after a cold has hit is like taking out a fire insurance policy on your house while it is on fire. It is too little too late.

When you have a cold already, if you know you have it early on, you can use Zicam or other Zync-based remedies to reduce the duration. Also, drink plenty of fluids. You can use Advil to reduce swelling and I am a big fan of sinus flushes. They work better than other remedies.
  • floweringcurrant
    floweringcurrant Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    I take wellness formula and probiotics, take hot baths, eat spicy soup, drink lots of water, tea and eat raw honey... a lot of people say to exercise, but that just doesn't work for me when I'm sick, especially with a head cold or when I'm fatigued. Light exercise like going for a walk if you have the energy is great, though.
  • mandasimba
    mandasimba Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    I like to whine and complain a lot about how I feel to anybody and everybody. It seems to help me :wink: