What to do when you pig out??

Options
So I know everyone slips every now and then, and eats something they KNOW they probably shouldnt...

I was just wondering what everyone did AFTER, to make themselves feel better?

Eg. If I 'pig out' Ill get moving, in any way possible, even just a brisk walk around the block, then drink a whole heap of water.

Any other suggestions?

Replies

• unmitigatedbadassery
    Options
    Work harder the next day and move on. You did what you did. Look forward.
  • peachNpunkin
    peachNpunkin Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    I shut it down and start over again tomorrow. That is all you really can do.
  • SparkyGirl35
    Options
    Before I "pig out" I drink water so I don't overdo on the treat I want. Especially when my kids make cookies. haha! If I can't resist the urge to eat a treat before I walk, I will make up my mind to get moving after so I don't sit and eat the rest of the platter
  • JacksMom12
    JacksMom12 Posts: 1,044 Member
    Options
    I try to accept it quickly, push it out of my mind, and move on. If I dwell on it, I tend to drive myself nuts and it messes with my motivation. I tend to beat myself up pretty badly, so I just try to look forward.

I always log everything though, regardless. Gotta keep it honest.
  • StevLL
    StevLL Posts: 921 Member
    Options
    If you bite it, write it and then get back to your staructure. It happen and we just have to get back on track, it's really only a big problem if use it as an excuse to fail and spiral down. We're human and we'll slip, but we can bounce back and still be successful. Good luck, if we string more good days together, then the few bad days will not matter, they may just motivate us.
  • robinogue
    robinogue Posts: 1,117 Member
    Options
    reduce my calorie intake for the week and workout harder...
  • baldchocnsexy
    Options
    That was yesterday, and one day does not erase the progress you have made. As arronlock says, work a little harder the next day. Set a goal: for example, I will burn 600 calories per day for the next three days. Monitor your carbs and high for the next two or three days. Turn the page!
  • baldchocnsexy
    Options
    That was yesterday, and one day does not erase the progress you have made. As arronlock says, work a little harder the next day. Set a goal: for example, I will burn 600 calories per day for the next three days. Monitor your carbs and high for the next two or three days. Turn the page!
  • 226Muriel
    226Muriel Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    If it touches my lips it goes directly to my lips...I document immediately and adjust the balance of my day to hopefully absorb the faux pas....

An optimist is someone who figures that taking a step backward after taking a step forward is not a disaster; it's a cha-cha. - Robert Brault
  • Lala20112
    Lala20112 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I do that more then I care to admit, but we r only human so I try not to be so hard on my self,and just workout and eat right the next time =)
  • UponThisRock
    UponThisRock Posts: 4,522 Member
    Options
    Move on with life
  • crudd12
    Options
    When I go overboard, I add it to tomorrow's food list and then eat less tomorrow!
  • mindfulmunching
    mindfulmunching Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Just had B day pig out weekend... Hey, think of all the weekends we used to stuff our faces and not stress about our weight. Now that we have made progress it feels like a huge oozing stab in the side to f up like that......What you going to do about it today? Not eat crap, shake it extra, look forward to feeling sexy not eating crap tommorrow too. :love:
  • I saw your weightloss ticker thing congrats! :)