Trying something new...

Options
So, I'm thinking about trying the HCG diet... what do you guys think??

HA, just kidding!

Seriously though, I"m thinking about lowering my carb intake.. Not low carb- per se, but just cutting back. How do you carb counters count things with "net carbs".. for instance, I like to eat la tortilla factory low carb wraps. Do you guys just count the "net carbs" to hit your daily goal of carbs? I know the site will calculate it differently, but for your own personal goals? Say, I was trying to eat under 50 grams of carbs a day, should I count only the "net carbs" toward that total?

Another question, what are some of your favorite protein powders and where do you get them? regardless of carbs, I like to hit over 100 grams of protein a day and was thinking about adding a post workout protein shake or drink. Suggestions welcome :)

Replies

• JulieSD
    JulieSD Posts: 567
    Options
    I can't help out....sorry

but you totally put that stress ball in my chest! then you made me giggle!!
  • Lizzie4942
    Lizzie4942 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I know this is hard but I watched my mom do it and lost weight. She was a size 22 and is now a size 14. Doctors told her she was a walking heart attack. They told her to cut out all carbs and anything with sugar in it.
  • Lizzie4942
    Options
    sorry also my favorite protein shake is eas soy protein. You can find it at your walmart store. I'ts like 8 bucks. They have different flavors. The best is shakeology if you wanna spend 100 bucks. You get a big bag of it though just find someone on here who is a beachbody coach or P90x coach same thing. Hope this helps you out.
  • Lizzie4942
    Options
    sorry also my favorite protein shake is eas soy protein. You can find it at your walmart store. I'ts like 8 bucks. They have different flavors. The best is shakeology if you wanna spend 100 bucks. You get a big bag of it though just find someone on here who is a beachbody coach or P90x coach same thing. Hope this helps you out.
  • JacksMom12
    JacksMom12 Posts: 1,044 Member
    Options
    yeah, I hear all about shakeology...I looked it up and I can't really make that kind of investment. I guess I should add that we live paycheck to paycheck, and we still want to have our heat on this winter haha.
  • Laceylala
    Laceylala Posts: 3,094 Member
    Options
    You get net carbs fom subtracting dietary fiber from carbs. I've been trying to limit carbs to 125 a day and a bit more on the weekends but never over 150. It's not as hard as I thought it would be and I am eating milk, cheese, etc. It just takes some thought. If you replace your white food (bread, rice, etc) with veggies and stayawayffom juice and fruit you can do it fairly easily.
  • Laceylala
    Laceylala Posts: 3,094 Member
    Options
    My favorite protein powder I'd anything by spirutein. One scoop has the daily vitamins in it plus a bunch of good digestive enzymes. However it has too much carbs for me right now, so I found plant fusion. It's not bad. I also generally add in chia seed and some ground flax to my shake to increase fiber and protein.