What do you eat for

Options
Lunch? I usually eat a wrap with spinach and turkey and an apple or turkey roll ups, well you get the idea.
I added sodium and sugar to my items to track and I've been going over in sodium by ALOT! :noway:
I never knew lunch meat had so much in it. I thought I was making some good food choices and I beginning to wonder if my high levels of sodium may be why I have not lost weight the past two weeks. So now I faced with the question of what to eat for lunches instead of turkey? :ohwell: Any ideas?

Replies

• jamielbeck
    jamielbeck Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Lunch? I usually eat a wrap with spinach and turkey and an apple or turkey roll ups, well you get the idea.
    I added sodium and sugar to my items to track and I've been going over in sodium by ALOT! :noway:
    I never knew lunch meat had so much in it. I thought I was making some good food choices and I beginning to wonder if my high levels of sodium may be why I have not lost weight the past two weeks. So now I faced with the question of what to eat for lunches instead of turkey? :ohwell: Any ideas?
  • STACYESPARZA
    STACYESPARZA Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    I eat 2 hard boiled eggs, salad w/ balsamic dressing, and veggies (steamed) with salsa....yum!!!....
    Sometimes I will eat some baked lays.....cheddar and sour cream flavor....nummy!
  • VballLeash
    VballLeash Posts: 2,456 Member
    Options
    I eat 2 hard boiled eggs, salad w/ balsamic dressing, and veggies (steamed) with salsa....yum!!!....
    Sometimes I will eat some baked lays.....cheddar and sour cream flavor....nummy!

You eat your veggies with salsa? How is that? Like what kind of veggies? I love salsa!

And for lunch I have a wrap with hummus and turkey and an apple

~Leash
  • smadag1
    smadag1 Posts: 1,368
    Options
    There is a lunch meat out there is is suppose to be low sodium it is called Boars head. Check the deli and see if they have low sodium Boars head
  • mszSHOGAN
    mszSHOGAN Posts: 2,278 Member
    Options
    well if ur into spinach then my lunch might work for you:

2 cups baby spinach
    1 oz feta cheese
    1 oz portobella mushroom (or white, whatever I have)
    1 1/2 TB bacon bits (can omit if watching sodium - but its only 220 g)
    Ken's 1 calorie per spray dressing

I sometimes also add chopped hard boiled egg whites and/or banana pepper rings. It's a super tasty spin on a greek salad and it should help cut down on your sodium. If your hooked on lunch meat though you can get low-sodium lunch meats. Hope I was helpful!
  • STACYESPARZA
    STACYESPARZA Posts: 308 Member
    Options

You eat your veggies with salsa? How is that? Like what kind of veggies? I love salsa!

And for lunch I have a wrap with hummus and turkey and an apple

~Leash
    I eat broccoli and colliflower with salsa...pretty much any veggie...
    I have always been a veggie eater and salsa gives it some spice!
    I have tried it on green beans...thats good...
    Even zuccinni!
  • mszSHOGAN
    mszSHOGAN Posts: 2,278 Member
    Options
    I just remembered one more thing: If you wanna stick with the wrap/pita lunch you could get a small roaster chicken, bake it then slice chicken off of it to replace your lunch meat with. Depending on the size it could last days and you could even use some of the chicken for dinners.

Hey thats a GOOD idea, I think I might try that! :smile:
  • pattitricia85
    Options
    i recently got hooked on a really yummy "healthy taco" i use two corn tortillas (i look for the kind w/ the lowest cals) then i mash up half an avocado, and spread it between the two tortillas. Then i had some heated black beans, and add my fav salsa! It is soooo good and filling, and around 400 cals. i like to eat it as my dinner sometimes after a hard workout!
  • Ms_Lady
    Ms_Lady Posts: 31
    Options
    Lately, I've had tuna or low fat chicken salad (low fat from the salad dressing in it) and I either wrap it in lettuce leaves or eat it on toasted reduced calorie sourdough bread. I'll eat a handful of grapes or grab some baby carrots to go with it to balance out my meal. I wash it down with green or black tea. :smile:
  • staceyw37
    staceyw37 Posts: 2,094 Member
    Options
    i often have 2 scrambled eggs, wrap in a tortilla with 1/2 of 1/3 cup of costco's mex cheese blend--sometimes with lettuce too
    carrots, raisins, apple, applesauce are switched up as sides.

2 hardboiled eggs are also easy to take with, + yogurt, + carrots + triscuits
  • heather0mc
    heather0mc Posts: 4,656 Member
    Options
    There is a lunch meat out there is is suppose to be low sodium it is called Boars head. Check the deli and see if they have low sodium Boars head

definitely ask at the deli counter. i buy lower sodium turkey there and it really tastes great. i think my deli has a sara lee brand but i cant remember. the chicken idea is great too. :drinker:
  • rbncreative
    Options
    I like to make a quick quesidilla with a low fat tortilla, leftover cooked chicken or canned chicken, fat free cheddar and salsa. I like to have something hot for a change from sandwiches.