"Who Wants to Be a Hot Mom " Group 7

Options

Replies

• Cherilea
    Cherilea Posts: 1,118 Member
    Options
    ~~ WEIGH IN 11/12/11 ~~

Well, I was up a little last week, but I lost a little this week :smile:

I lost 1.2 lbs and that currently puts me at 151.0 lbs. I hope I will be breaking into the 140's soon, but I got a feeling my body is going to be fighting me here on out! :tongue:
  • Babbe
    Babbe Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    I am 141.8 that is a 1.5 lb loss

I am out of my funk. Yeah me now just to keep it up.

Goals this week for me is drink 8 glasses of water
    and workout everyday in some way.
  • Babbe
    Options
    about my goals last week didn't do very well but tomorrow is a new day
  • renaegry
    renaegry Posts: 1,256 Member
    Options
    Sorry gals. Had a bad week. Up to 150.4. Back at it tomorrow. Determined to at least get to 145 by end of year.
  • Swimgoddess
    Swimgoddess Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    Eek! At first I thought I hadn't checked back in 2 weeks, but I wasn't sure where my 11/3 weigh-in applied. When I reset my cals to 2k I dropped for 4 days straight, then WHAM! Baby-daddy stress-bomb.

I found out that he got out of his steady-income Army job several months ago and didn't tell me, or CSE (who I applied for services from EIGHTEEN months ago) who wasted a couple months trying to track him down. Then my ex has his attorney who specializes in criminal law (if that isn't telling) file a counter-petition in the ***CSE matter*** for >modification of visitation<, fraudulently claiming the child and I live a stone's throw away from my ex in FL (though I have a letter of intent to move signed in acknowledgment of receipt by my ex from over 5 years ago when we moved to CO; there is no doubt as to where we live), and his idiot attorney served that paper to the CSE's/Dept. Of Revenue's attorney who loosely represents me in the support matter. So I had to file a motion up here in CO for them to register the custody/visitation portion of the order which originated in NC who retains jurisdiction even though neither my ex nor I have lived there since '06. I also had to pay to have him personally served. The jerk has the nerve to request modification to increase his 75 overnights per year when he only practiced 23 combined in the past TWO years even though he was stationed 1,500 miles closer in KS. Oh, and he thought it convenient to not pay his child support at all so far this month :(

Stress was so bad that ToM was due last Wed and just showed up today :/ I think the finances convo last night with my current hubby was reassuring enough mentally that my body could finally physically relax enough to do it's thing.

So even though I think I got down to 154.8 at some point, the ToM business has me sitting at 156.6 today. Still an improvement over last weigh-in. I still anticipate an improvement tomorrow and will try to get back with that number in time if I can.
  • Swimgoddess
    Options
    156.0 today, yay!
  • wanna_be_fit
    wanna_be_fit Posts: 1,523 Member
    Options
    Hey ladies! Hope you're all doing well. Here's the chart for this week:

R3JXf.jpg

Only about a month and a half to go for the challenge, so kick it into high gear ladies!!!
  • renaegry
    Options
    Well I did get back at it today - went to fitness class and burned 440 cals.
  • renaegry
    Options
    Somewhat had a bad week, to much snacking of bad foods. Did go to fitness class twice, and jumped on the treadmill once. Weight was the same today.
  • tamcrit
    tamcrit Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    Hi Ladies - Well, I recovered from last week's indiscretions. I weighed in at 145.2 this morning...that is my lowest weight yet, and a 1.4 pound loss from last week!! I have been getting so many complements, now that I have actually bought some smaller clothes that fit, and that is fueling my motivation and feels so great!! I have about 10 pounds to go and can now see the light at the end of the tunnel!! My half marathon was so great last Sunday. It was calling for cold, rain, and wind all week, and poured rain all day last Saturday, so I was really nervous about the weather. But it turned out to be an absolutely perfect, beautiful day. The skies were clear, the sun was out, and there was just enough chill in the air to make it refreshing and keep me from overheating, but comfortable in a short sleeve shirt. I finally achieved my goal of breaking 2 1/2 hours and got a new personal record of 2:29:14!! I ran non-stop the entire way, which was also a first, and felt amazing the entire way. And then I rode the runner's high the rest of the day!! It was amazing!! I ran this race in memory of a friend's husband so recently passed away due to Pancreatic Cancer, so I am so glad that I had a good run, and I could feel both of them and their strength with me the entire way. The scale went up a bit last week, as I was carbing up, and was up a few days earlier in the week, which was likely just due to recovery and inflammation, but I had confidence that it would go back down and it did. I even had two events this week that I was able to survive, yet still enjoy. We had a retirement party at work, where Chinese food was served, and then yesterday we had our office Thanksgiving luncheon (which is a lasagne feast), but I was able to balance my calories throughout the day, get in a little exercise, and not have it make a negative impact on the scales. So, I am learning how to do this!! To balance out my meal on Thanksgiving Day, my 13 year old and I have signed up to run a 10K Thanksgiving morning. So, I will burn off some calories and then be able to enjoy a nice guilt-free meal. The run is also to benefit the food bank and homeless shelter, so it is a good way to help others and remember to be thankful for all that I have. I hope you all had a great week. What are your plans or tips for balancing out your holiday meals?? Any healthified recipes?? My sister-in-law hosts Thanksgiving and we host Christmas, so for next week, all I have to make is the sweet potatoe casserole and the baked macaroni and cheese. My traditional recipes are far from healthy versions. I am looking at ways to reduce the calories a litte bit and make them a little healthier, but I also do not want to mess up the indulgent taste that my family so enjoys. Any ideas??
    Happy Friday!! Tammy
  • wanna_be_fit
    Options
    Hi Ladies - Well, I recovered from last week's indiscretions. I weighed in at 145.2 this morning...that is my lowest weight yet, and a 1.4 pound loss from last week!! I have been getting so many complements, now that I have actually bought some smaller clothes that fit, and that is fueling my motivation and feels so great!! I have about 10 pounds to go and can now see the light at the end of the tunnel!! My half marathon was so great last Sunday. It was calling for cold, rain, and wind all week, and poured rain all day last Saturday, so I was really nervous about the weather. But it turned out to be an absolutely perfect, beautiful day. The skies were clear, the sun was out, and there was just enough chill in the air to make it refreshing and keep me from overheating, but comfortable in a short sleeve shirt. I finally achieved my goal of breaking 2 1/2 hours and got a new personal record of 2:29:14!! I ran non-stop the entire way, which was also a first, and felt amazing the entire way. And then I rode the runner's high the rest of the day!! It was amazing!! I ran this race in memory of a friend's husband so recently passed away due to Pancreatic Cancer, so I am so glad that I had a good run, and I could feel both of them and their strength with me the entire way. The scale went up a bit last week, as I was carbing up, and was up a few days earlier in the week, which was likely just due to recovery and inflammation, but I had confidence that it would go back down and it did. I even had two events this week that I was able to survive, yet still enjoy. We had a retirement party at work, where Chinese food was served, and then yesterday we had our office Thanksgiving luncheon (which is a lasagne feast), but I was able to balance my calories throughout the day, get in a little exercise, and not have it make a negative impact on the scales. So, I am learning how to do this!! To balance out my meal on Thanksgiving Day, my 13 year old and I have signed up to run a 10K Thanksgiving morning. So, I will burn off some calories and then be able to enjoy a nice guilt-free meal. The run is also to benefit the food bank and homeless shelter, so it is a good way to help others and remember to be thankful for all that I have. I hope you all had a great week. What are your plans or tips for balancing out your holiday meals?? Any healthified recipes?? My sister-in-law hosts Thanksgiving and we host Christmas, so for next week, all I have to make is the sweet potatoe casserole and the baked macaroni and cheese. My traditional recipes are far from healthy versions. I am looking at ways to reduce the calories a litte bit and make them a little healthier, but I also do not want to mess up the indulgent taste that my family so enjoys. Any ideas??
    Happy Friday!! Tammy

Great job Tammy!!!! You are doing so well with this challenge. And all of your running activities are inspiring--can't wait until I can get back into running more than just intervals!
  • Swimgoddess
    Options
    154.8. I call it the stress-bomb diet.
  • Babbe
    Options
    I am down another 0.5 lbs making me 141.3. So glad because besides the cleaning of the house the past 2 days the only workouts I got was the weekly challenge.

Sarah
  • renaegry
    Options
    Okay gals, I have been so off the plan this last few weeks. I vow to try to stay on track this week. Plan on going to fitness class Mon and Wed, and get on the treadmill at least 2 days this week as well. I also vow, to quit snacking on the mini choc bars in the evening and staying within calorie goal.
  • wanna_be_fit
    Options
    We've had a few check in this week, but still missing several people. Try to post tonight or tomorrow and I'll update the chart if I get a chance.

VWgrc.jpg

Hope you guys are doing good and can enjoy Thanksgiving feasts in moderation! :wink:
  • wanna_be_fit
    Options
    Sorry Izzie, not sure why you're not in pink. I'll fix it on the next chart. Probably because I added a row and didn't format it the same as the others. :)
  • renaegry
    Options
    We've had a few check in this week, but still missing several people. Try to post tonight or tomorrow and I'll update the chart if I get a chance.

VWgrc.jpg

Hope you guys are doing good and can enjoy Thanksgiving feasts in moderation! :wink:

You must have just missed seeing mine, my weight had stayed the same, 150.4
  • renaegry
    Options
    Went to fitness class tonight and burned 466 cals. Feel good, think my arms are going to be sore tomorrow. Hope everyone is doing good.
  • helena98
    helena98 Posts: 327
    Options
    The weekly progress chart is posted on the current week's weigh-in (11/19/2011). Check it out and find out which Hot Mom reached her goal weight and how the challenge moms weighed in compared to the non-challenge moms:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/399342-weekly-weigh-in-11-19-2011?page=1#posts-5539399
  • wanna_be_fit
    Options

VWgrc.jpg

You must have just missed seeing mine, my weight had stayed the same, 150.4

Sorry I missed you! Here's the updated chart:

cq9Eh.jpg

If I missed anyone else let me know. Hope you guys are having a great week! Happy Thanksgiving a day early!!! :bigsmile: