I made it!

Options
519harley
519harley Posts: 241 Member
I got on the scale this morning like every morning and poof, I was even lower than my goal weight. I never actually saw it on the scale! I guess in my mind I thought since I had a goal weight that the scale would just stop when I got there. It didn't and it went one pound lower!!! Nice surprise for me. Now I don't know what to do. Do I keep going or should I just try to maintain. I do like having that choice. Using myfitnesspal has been just a great experience. For years I have tried and tried to lose weight and just couldn't do it. Here its been kind of easy and fun all at the same time. Anyway, just wanted to share.

Replies

• CashierCantin
    CashierCantin Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    Congrats! I can't wait for that day to come!!!
  • saabs80
    saabs80 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!!!!! I hope one day I will look down at the scale and see my goal weight
  • 2bFitNTrim
    2bFitNTrim Posts: 1,209 Member
    Options
    "I guess in my mind I thought since I had a goal weight that the scale would just stop when I got there."

That made me smile. Congrats on meeting your goal weight....er, surpassing it!
  • SheilaSisco
    SheilaSisco Posts: 722 Member
    Options
    Congrats! I'm getting so close it it, it's crazy to think I've lost almost 50 pounds... lol I'd say if you're at a healthy weight for your height/age (or if you're just plain comfortable where you are), you should switch to maintain mode. If you're still a little overweight or think lower would be better (within reason), then keep going. It's all about what you want to do with it. ;)
  • elisabel72
    Options
    Well done - it's a great feeling. I just reached and surpassed my goal in the last couple of days too, so I've reset my weekly loss from 2 to 1 pound per week as I don't really want to keep losing quite so rapidly - I'll give it a week or so and see how things go!
  • Obstinate07
    Options
    Congrats. I am also in that same situation, do i continue or maintain. I decided to maintain for right now since going clothes shopping. I do like that I have a choice to continue or not, and I love that I have dropped a little more than my goal weight.
  • Debbe2
    Debbe2 Posts: 2,071 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your success!
  • xojen789xo
    xojen789xo Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    congrats! i love to hear success stories! i am 4 pounds to my goal weight! your stories motivate me! keep up the hard work! :o)
  • mistresseeyore
    mistresseeyore Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    Great going. Do whatever makes you feel good and look healthy. If you feel healthy and are happy, maintain. In the end, it's what makes you happy. Great job at hitting your goal!
  • pholbert
    pholbert Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    Congrats. I have lowered my goal weight 3 times. I am thinking maybe I should just try to maintain. And working maybe more on strenght training.
  • Paige1108
    Paige1108 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Congratulations, I'm so happy for you. It's such a great feeling to hit that number. You can always ramp up to maintenance slowly. Maybe just add back 50cals/ day each week until you reach your maintenance level. That way if you lose more on the way it's all just gravy, like your current pound "in the bank".
  • Hoppymom
    Hoppymom Posts: 1,158 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: Happy Dance for you!:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!