Favorite Salad Dressings?

Options
odusgolp
odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
I just moved and need to completely re-stock the fridge. Salad Dressing suggestions (store bought, not home made).

Merci :)

Replies

• Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    I will only eat Hidden Valley Ranch, but I like their Bacon Ranch because it's half the carbs of the regular. And I do full fat. None of this low calorie nonsense. (I've even been known to bring a bottle with me to a restaurant, if I'm going to have salad as my main meal.)

In addition, I do kind of make my own. I mix the ranch with some parmesan cheese and honey dijon mustard and some ground red pepper. Delish!
  • amyannie
    amyannie Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    trader joes has some good ones! i am basically obsessed with changing up my salad dressing on my salads everyday so i basically have like 15 salad dressings in my fridge.. but of course the most important thing is to look at the label.
  • 16mixingbowls
    16mixingbowls Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Luccini Cucumber Shallot vinaigrette (spendy- like 7 dollars a bottle, but yummmmmy!!)

Trader Joe's Champagne Pear Gorgonzola

Trader Joe's Balsamic vinegar in a pump-spray bottle
  • healthyliving_girl
    healthyliving_girl Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    Newman's Sesame dressing - Lighten Up.

http://newmansown.com/product_detail.aspx?productid=14

only 35 calories a serving and tasty.
  • missxlaur
    Options
    kraft reduced fat dressings! reduced fat ranch, reduced fat asian sesame, reduced fat asiago balsalmic. all good and they don't even taste like they're light dressings!
  • Jessicaruby
    Jessicaruby Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    i use pineapple salsa!!! so good. i get mine at trader joes
  • IamRoJ
    IamRoJ Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    Newmanns Own - any of the Italian or vinnaigrettes.
  • Debbe2
    Debbe2 Posts: 2,071 Member
    Options
    Liking the Pineapple Salsa idea Jessica!
  • BattyMama
    BattyMama Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    If I dont eat my normal lemon juice and white balsamic vinegar, I love Catalina or ranch, green goddess is good too
  • rocketmouse
    rocketmouse Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Okay I know you said "not homemade" but there is nothing easier than a drizzle of olive oil, a squirt of lemon juice, salt n pepper (salt n pepa salt n pepa what). Replace lemon juice with balsamic vinegar and bam, vinaigrette. You don't even have to pre-mix it. Apply directly to salad, om nom nom. Plus you'll probably already have this stuff around the kitchen!
  • odusgolp
    Options
    Love it, thanks guys. Unfortunately, I don't have a trader joes... and I'm oddly allergic to pineapple *LOL* But I'm all over the other suggestions!
  • amicklin
    amicklin Posts: 452
    Options
    Um, would store bought count if its the 'squeezy' lemon shaped bottle of lemon juice and salt? Simple but my fave! Its tangy and salty.. perfect for a salad dressing. :)
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
  • odusgolp
    Options
    Okay I know you said "not homemade" but there is nothing easier than a drizzle of olive oil, a squirt of lemon juice, salt n pepper (salt n pepa salt n pepa what). Replace lemon juice with balsamic vinegar and bam, vinaigrette. You don't even have to pre-mix it. Apply directly to salad, om nom nom. Plus you'll probably already have this stuff around the kitchen!

That's actually my usual, balsamic and grapeseed oil :) so just looking for some other ideas. But I'm with ya - so easy and delish!
  • snorktharpe
    snorktharpe Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    i've been using goods season's packages with about 1/3 of the olive oil and vinegar- its pretty easy and tasty :)
  • Jorra
    Jorra Posts: 3,338 Member
    Options
    I just use sour cream.
  • ValMcB
    ValMcB Posts: 44
    Options
    I read the backs of the bottles and get whatever has the least amount of ingredients, especially the "created" kind that are preservatives or fillers. I also generally buy the regular as the low cal or fat free, etc., seem to always have too much of something else, like salt, to compensate for the loss and try and boost the flavor.

Much rather eat less of something that is primarily real ingredients than twice as much of something that is all additives.
  • Nikkiham520
    Nikkiham520 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Marie's yougurt dressings in the produce isle....I use the ranch. It's the best lowfat ranch I have ever tasted!
  • Black_Swan
    Black_Swan Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    I just use plain white yogurt!
  • mrwall1
    Options
    Walden Farms 0 calaries 0 Fat 0 Carbs...... low in sodium